Anndi's Luggage: I've been tagged (warning.. video alert...)
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I've been tagged (warning.. video alert...)

I’m struggling with Twyla’s tag… ARG!!! 7 songs I’m listening to!!!

I’ve wondered how to do this… hit random on my music player… pull out the CDs that are sitting on the passenger seat of the car as I drive and pick my favourite song on each… How do I pick 7 songs? 7!!! Sheesh.. Ask a mother to pick a favourite child why don’t you…

Here goes… these are 7 songs that I’ve hit repeat on when I listen to them in the car, in my office, as I sit and read my e-mails…

In no particular order
(and the styles are different so… maybe there’s something for every one of you dear readers…)

1-Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

I was going to pick Free Bird for matt-man and his adventures in flight *snarf* but I absolutely love this song… and it’s been on in my car for a week…






Have to make my way south and see them live... yup…

2-Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

Had to… just had to.. I mean.. the guitar GOD.. and well, it makes me feel warm and .. not fuzzy.. I don’t like fuzz, I do my best to remain fuzzless… tingly.. yup.. tingly… *sigh*






3-SuperSexMe - Jonas









the SuperSexMe condom



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… have nothing to add…

4-Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters

A souvenir from my trip to B.B. King’s in Memphis…




CCF20070325_00000








5- Rock me Baby - Etta James

Erin Mitchell’s version at Workplay in Birmingham had me thinking about Etta.. She’s the voice I most strongly associate with this song. I had to go back and pull my cd out… this is a gem folks..






6- Rocket 88.. (Ike Turner really, but credited to Jackie Brenston)

Thought by many to be the first Rock and Roll song… well according to Sam Phillips of Sun Records (another memory of Memphis) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.





7- Wings of a Dove - Madness

This is one of my Happy Songs.. it also reminds me of carefree days… and matt-man bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Was your flight anything like this dearest?

Actually, this video has serious echos of my flight back from Birmingham.. Part 2 the Journey from Dulles Airport to Montreal… If you can avoid flying through that airport.. DO!







Kudos to the pilot of that flight (I forget his name, I do remember that he was actually quite fetching indeed… but let me say that the crew on that flight was fantastic).. hmmmm he didn’t have a hat with earflaps... or Elvis sunglasses… and he didn’t SPRING from the cockpit (*giggle* I’m in quite the mood at the moment.. sorry) and prance down the aisle… DAMN…

Anywho.. Leave it to yours truly, who actually managed to pack everything I needed for my trip South in a carry-on … I’m an excellent packer by the way.. I even managed to pack 2 extra pairs of shoes (I do have a shoe thing, but then my regular reader knows this) which I ended up not wearing because quite frankly the peek-a-boo pumps would have killed my feet at Workplay… (then again, we would have seen another shoe dance from the Hottie and that was quite the sight to see)… and, since I never made it to the after party in the Red Velvet Lounge, where I was going to wear the lovely black ankle strap heels.. but um.. I ended up snug as a bug in a rug sleeping off the lovely initiation ceremony we had for Bodacious Hoochie… I spent the weekend in boots.

Good lord I just rambled… and it’s not over…

What I was saying was, leave it to me to have adventures in luggage... even though I managed to actually get through this trip without checking any luggage (I do NOT trust ground crews with my luggage.. or the *cue sinister music here* TSA.. whom I partly blame for the delays in my return flight for Birmingham…)


My flight was delayed after they had overbooked the flight (how they actually do this puzzles me – and NO I actually don’t want an explanation thank you very much) and since it was a flight to Canada.. the *cue sinister music here.. again* TSA decided to check all foreign baggage (bastards!)






They finally managed to get the bunch of overbooked extremely vocal annoyed bunch of Montrealers on the plane (if you actually believe the myth that all Canadians are nice polite people.. I have an Olympic Stadium I'd like to sell you), and of course they had a TON of luggage.. they’d been on a cruise. And since they weren't suppposed to be on the flight in the first place... their luggage wasn't on the trolleys to be loaded onto the plane.. and had yet to go through the Security process the *cue sinister music HERE.. once more* TSA has devised.. so.. luggage induced delays even before taking off! I mean you usually end up waiting for you luggage once you get to your final destination only to find out it's in Reikjavic when you're in Ste Lucia...





We watched the ground crew stand there staring at about 5 suitcases on the tarmac scratching their butts and shaking their heads as if they’d actually never seen luggage before that very instant and hadn’t the foggiest idea what to do with said luggage…
(Imagine the scene when Neanderthal man discovered a use for leaves when tending to nature calls in the forest.. eureka!)

I mean ACK, the luggage wasn’t on one of those trolley thingies.. I actually think they expected the luggage to walk onto the plane by itself or at least shout up to them “Hey Morons, we’re headed for Montreal, mind loading us on that there plane over yonder?”... but in French. From what I gather, French would have been as foreign to them as English so it wouldn’t have made a difference.






And um.. I saw a very disturbing sight as I sat there waiting for the airline personnel to sort out the overbooked situation. There was a guy, in a tight Superman costume top and black army pants sitting across from me... two guys were talking about him laughing and kept looking over at me smiling because they KNEW I was about to burst out howling in an uncontrollable fit of laughter.. I believe they were betting on how much longer I could hold out …he actually had one of those long Matrix like black trenchcoats with him and I tell you I almost lost it. Unfortunately he was too far from me or I would have used the camera on my phone.. but lordy lordy lordy… so myself, the guy sitting next to me (actual flight crewman) and the two guys headed to Florida were nervously looking at him hoping to GOD he wasn’t on our flights. I’m happy to report he wasn’t on mine… I think he had to take a plane because his cape was in the wash.

What's most disturbing is.. he got through the security checkpoint...






Meet my long lost brother...



BTW... I dance so much better than him...
Thanks for the tag Twyla
... smooch!


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "I've been tagged (warning.. video alert...)"

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:09 PM) : 

ANNDI:
woah what a post girl... LOVED your 7 songs.. did not know the Jonas one...very hot...
Clapton .. brilliant and the female has some set of pipes...
Your flight home .. OH MY... what a story to tell the grandkids... the luggage, superman. the pilot... LOL
Loved the Stewie video.. and your long lost brother... LOL
Oh and you just might have had a shoe dance if I had seen the peek-a-boo's depending upon the height...

KISS

 

Blogger Angell said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Great post Anndi luv. ROTFLMAO about your adventures - you have to record that for posterity. :D

Luv the tuneage (thanks for not tagging me - I'd have the same problem).

LOL @ the peek a boos - should have risked them anyway - they're probably gorgeous.

SHGR

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Yippee!! Madness!!! Love them.

I should spend on day doing nothing but listening to ska. Right now I'm into Irish music.

I was tagged with this meme by two people at the same time! My post is up now (finally).

Glad you got home safely and are feeling better!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Wacky.

Love the music selections, especially Simple Man.

Luggage dance eh? LMOO.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Vince

Why thank you sir...Jonas is a local boy and he's got talent...

Ilove that clip of Clapton.. so glad I decided to put go for the live version.

I had quite the return trip LOL... wish I'd taken a pic of Superman...

Maybe I'll post a pic of the peek-a-boos...

Kiss

Angell honey!

I swear the return trip is something I'll never forget. Had fun but it was torture..

Ok.. looks like I'm definitely going to have to put up a pic of the peek-a-boos.. yes.. they are stunning...

SHGR

Songbird

I LOVE Madness.. ska always lifts my spirits! OOOH Irish music... That was my St Paddy's weekend background music! I'll go and have a listen..

Thanks, I'm getting back to feeling like myself.

Travis

All a girl wants is a Simple Man...

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.


Luggage dance.. yup!

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Sweetie, you got everything into a carryon!? I really need some tips from you!

Sounds like you had a fun trip except for the airport hassle although the man in the cape made me chuckle, glad that weirdo was not on your flight!

I just adore Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" thanks for putting it up.

GROS bisous

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 PM) : 

"I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes.
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you."

*sigh* I love love LOVE it!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (4:53 PM) : 

omg, sweetie, you tell the best true stories! LMOO!!

I'm here at work so I couldn't see any pics or hear any music :( will check them out tonight

HSGRRRR

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Wow, that was a lot of work and it was one of the best responses I've seen to a tag. You rock!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Oh sweetie, this was so much fun to read ... what an adventure. And I had to watch the Clapton video several times ... ohhhh my! Some of my favorite songs and singers on this one - what a great meme ...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:23 PM) : 

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (9:10 PM) : 

Bwahahaha! Sounds like you had an interesting time of it! Glad you managed to make it back all in one piece, with luggage intact!

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Yey...glad to see you did this tag. Gotta love Lynyrd Skynyrd. :-) I honestly hadn't heard any of the others, except for Eric Clapton. It's good to be introduced to different music.

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (1:07 PM) : 

have you heard the new cover of simple man, it isnt that bad.

your flight sounded just like anyone that flies UScaire, just with the TSA as the culprits instead.

and who doesn't love a blog where you get groped?

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I so appreciate you thinking of me on an airplane and dedicating a song to my demise...You are so very caring and warm Anndi. Just about ANYTHING by Etta James is fantastic. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Tisha Ma Belle:

I certainly did.. Easy to pull off when you've decided not to bring any underthings.. mind you they take up VERY LITTLE space...
Hehehe

Bisous Bisous

Sanni:

It's my favourite song... lovely

Mary:

Hehehe... you're just lucky I didn't do the 'You wanna upgrade' story! LMOO

HSGRRRRRRRRRRRRR and purrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comedy +:

Gee.. Thanks! I just may blush! It was great fun to do.

Coco:

Thanks Honey. Wouls have loved another Canuck to travel with..

Dana:

The Queen approves! *smiles and hugs*

Meribah:

I did.. hehehe

Twyla:

Thanks for the tag.. it was the most fun I've had with one of those ever!

Hugs

Sparky:

Don't think I have.. who is it by?

I swear the TSA has me on the 'Let's annoy he' list!

I grope on a regular basis.. stick around.

matt-man:

Did I ever tell you you're my hero...
You are the wings beneath my wings!

Etta is fantastic!

HSG

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Very cool song list. And what an adventure.

I never have understood how an airline can overbook a flight...in essence they're selling your ticket twice. To me that just seems not just wrong, but illegal. But they manage to do it all the time.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9:56 PM) : 

HHOOOOCCCHHHHIIIIEEEE

Sugar-- thought your peek -a-boos (which were AWESOME!!) were the same as Erin was wearing-post em please--they are drool inducing hehehe ;-)~~~~~

There's another pic from WORKPLAY!!Smooch

 

post a comment