Anndi's Luggage: Friday funk.. not the good kind...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday funk.. not the good kind...

I’ve been listening to Norah Jones today…




Have you ever just plopped down on the bed or couch next to a dog that’s sleeping peacefully? You can hear them snoring, and feel their heat, touch the softness of their fur… hopefully it doesn’t engage your other senses. Wait, it’s like a husband…
Dogs know how to clear a room.. and they look at you with a “what? You do it too’ look which of course is a lie… ladies just don’t do that… (stop snickering I am TOO a lady)…

I know.. being home on a snow day SHOULD be reason for me to be cheerful and happy.. but I’m feeling a bit blah today.

I know… looking at the trip counter (you know.. the one under the bus) and anticipating the moment I get to meet some fantastic people who have managed to weave themselves into the fabric of so many patches on my life quilt should fill me with glee… but I feel like there are holes in it.

There are some very important people I love very much who won’t be there… and it makes the trip bittersweet.

I’m annoyed with blogs lately... and bloggers…

I don’t believe in blogs that “pimp” other blogs on the condition they get a link… or make you pay for featuring (ugh). I’d rather spend that money on someone I love or give it to charity.. you know.. for something worthwhile…

I hate that people are only interested in how many hits they’re getting…

I started blogging because I thought it would be fun.. it would give me a place to share with some of my friends some fun things I’ve come across… or music that speaks to me…

I started blogging so I’d have a place to put some of my thoughts…

I’ve made new friends... discovered fun blogs.. I’ve got a little widget that tells me what country people who visit come from… it’s fun…

I’m on MyBlogLog because I enjoy seeing the faces of people who stop by…

I hate feeling like I have to go everywhere…

I do sometimes wonder why friends show up and don’t comment... but I sometimes have nothing to add to a post when I visit someone’s blog... or I only have the time to go for a quick read… and my over heated mommy, daughter, manager brain gets overloaded and I forget to go back…

I hate seeing people who “court” the “in - I have the power to nominate you for best - I’ll review you and increase your traffic” bloggers..

I watched the news today and saw an overturned bus in Atlanta, and a devastated high school in Alabama… young people dying…

I’m proud to say a good friend sent me an e-mail telling me he would try and get a team of firefighters and first responders together to give the local firefighters in Enterprise, Alabama a break from the taxing work of going through debris… (one of the few good things in my day).

Sifting through the debris of a high school… heartbreaking..

I’m in a funk...

I’ve been meaning to update my links… there are some new people I want to add because I enjoy their blogs for what they write... not what they can do for my traffic… (Hi Dan and Songbird! Hi Sanni!)

If I’ve offended you because I’m not impressed with “best” that just means sucking up…. Well… tough.. hit the next blog button…

I told you the funk wasn't good...
Ok.. I can't actually leave without posting SOMETHING funny...


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "Friday funk.. not the good kind..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Very excited about next weekend, but also wish those who can not make it would be there. You are correct, there will be a hole.

Admittedly, I have sent a donation into the BBOTD site upon being named a BBOTD. Whether right or wrong, I did. Don't think there is a reason to do so again...

I have watched my numbers and been very open about it- talking about it on THE COUCH. I believe my feelings on tis and what it does is known to all who sit there.

I also know that the shift in direction was noticed by quite a few, yourself included and in the end, hearing that i was "getting back my attitude was more important then the numbers (which have gone done btw).

I never courted people and joined other blogs because they were the people who wrote reviews and nominations. I agree, with you and feel my nomination was more "true" because of it.

You must be very proud of your friend for being so caring to take time away from his family and loved ones to help those in need.

So sorry for your funk and hope it does not last long. You are too special to have to deal with it.

Love ya more then my vinyl Dear Ann..

Kisses

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Vince

Even though they'll be with me in my heart, I'd love to have them there.. so I can hug them.

I've seen it in a few places and it just disappoints me, ultimately they lose themselves and it's a shame. Glad you're making the shift, I had missed some of the old attitude.

I am very proud, he's good people.

I hope the funk leaves soon too, I too hope whatever has been causing it gives me a break.

Even the Jerry and the Allman's vinyl? Love you too dear friend.

Kisses

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Awww, Anndi, don't despair. The rest of us might not be there in the flesh, but we WILL be there in the spirit! Hugs to you!
(By the way, I, too, get in a funk sometimes; it happens to all of us, but it goes away eventually!)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Meri

You my sweet canine friend will be missed...

Now, about them doggie smells....

Smooch!

*throws the puppy a scooby snack*

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Yes Dear Friend.... Every single piece of vinyl... because, even though they are so important to me...friendship gives me something they never can.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (6:45 PM) : 

You know why I come visit you? I found you because of Vinny, but I return because of YOU! I like your blog, I like what you have to say, and you're always kind and gentle with me.

I never expected to designated a Bestest Blog of the Day, and to be honest with you, I never made the suggestion donation thereafter. I was quite stunned for the solicitation, thought I might make a token donation later, and then never got around to it.

I'm fine with my traffic numbers. Even though I'm a stay-at-home mom who frequently shirks her housewifely duties, that doesn't mean I spend hours upon hours on the computer blogging and reading. I have a life outside of cyberspace!

In all things, you must be your true self, and if others are drawn to you and your light, then so be it. If not, then that's fine as well. I'm honored that you visit me from time to time; I only wish I was allowed access to MyBlogLog's visitor widget so that I could see faces even when someone doesn't comment (I'm considered an "adult site" and not allowed to have that widget!!!)

God bless you, gentle Anndi, and I hope your Friday blahs drift away.

Thank you so much for you care and concern regarding my recent hospitalization. Your warm wishes touched me deeply, and your comments brightened my day. I’m home now and feeling almost 100%.

Thanks again for your good thoughts and for visiting The Ice Box!
Desert Songbird
The Ice Box
Ice Box Project 365

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:39 PM) : 

I'm a writer - I have a writer's desire to be read. But I don't write for others. I write for myself.

I do enjoy that new peeps have found my blog, and return because they like what I write. I also have a writer's ego. But I won't usually leave a comment that refers someone back to my site, unless it's another writer I respect - I might tentatively ask for their feedback. But I don't want to be a nuisance or a beggar.

I always try and leave a comment when I visit. But every once in awhile...confession time...I just want to feel "close" to my friends. So I pop over to the blog and re-read something, or listen to a tune again, or watch a video that made me laugh.

Can I still peak every so often, just for that?? It's about comfort sometimes.

Sorry about your funk.

Smooches and hugs lil Sis.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Oh - forgot to say that I ALWAYS use the bath mat!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (12:08 AM) : 

I understand what you're saying but I have to admit that I have worked at getting hits for my site. Even paid for it last month on Bestest Blog. Like Travis said, I like to think of myself as a writer and while I write for myself I like to be read. I want others to read what I write.

All that said I also blog because it is fun. As much as I like to see people visiting my site if this wasn't fun for me I wouldn't do it.

I also blog because of all the wonderful people I meet on here, like you and Travis for example. I've made some friends on here that I may never meet in person, but that doesn't make them less of a friend in my eyes.

So I guess I contradict myself. I blog because I enjoy it but I also see another side to it. Sometimes I confuse myself.

Sorry to hear you're in a funk. I know the feeling. I get like that every now and than, where I just feel blah and don't want to do anything or really be around anyone.

Oh...and I don't use the bathmat.

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (7:19 AM) : 

Getting back to the basics, we need that along with a break and reflection from time to time, I know I do!

T'es ma cherie du blogosphere et je t'aime beaucoup c'est tout! mouaaaah

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (2:39 PM) : 

So sorry you are in a funk sweetie. I am in the opposite mood I guess and very excited about the people I will get to see in person even though some who are very dear won't be there.

That is touching about your friend helping out. They must be devastated.

As for the blogging I have to agree with Trav. I am a writer. I want people to read my stuff whether it's silly haiku or a very personal piece about my sister. And putting the blog in a place where I have more readers has helped me focus on the creative outlet it gives me. And the week I inadvertently made myself 'featured blog' I made sure to feature many of the wonderful friends I have who blog so that everyone coud share in it.


I go to blogs I like and to the blogs of people I like. I don't 'court' anyone. If I am reading a blog it's because I like the blog or the person. I only link to blogs that are interesting and people I like.

I enjoy MyBlogLog for the same reason--seeing my friends' faces gives me joy. I try to always leave a comment on new stuff--sometimes it takes me a while to sort out what I want to say and I have to leave and come back. Often I'll be checking for the new post and it's not up yet. And as Trav said--I often come back and re-read posts that are funny or touching or just so good they deserve a re-read.

Hope you are feeling better soon Angelbaby.

Smooch

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Yeeesh!! I forgot about Tisha and the French talk.

**sigh**

THUMP

 

Blogger Julie said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Very insightful post and very interesting comments also. I like the way Travis said it the best....it's about comfort and connecting with our friends.

I feel in the last few months I have reached into my center....where my "all" errupts....and I attribute this to the sharing from all of you.

I get few comments and when I get close to 10 I smile...I like knowing that I have touched someone. I like knowing that someone cares enough to read what I write. Publishing a monthly newspaper and one article each edition just isn't enough. Egotistical...nah... I think it's love of a craft and refining that craft.

That's what it's all about!

I'm aghast at the soliciation for funds in this blogosphere....to have the chance to be read? WTF?? I've never heard of such a thing. I would be hardpressed to consider my words prior to typing! Sheesh!

Oh ...that bus accident...my son was waiting for so long waiting for the list of names...his college is a mere 20-30 minutes from Bluffton's college and he knows alot of the students. A fella from an adjoining town was on the bus but is fine.

Thanks for the silly video....is it okay if I keep doing the flashing though? It makes Jeff giggle!

Love ya Sweet Ann!

*hugs*

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Anndi my dear, we are both on the same page with the whole blog thing. And more than anything I hate the PPP posts. I just skip over them.
My blog is for me, and even if no one read it, I'd still post. I don't do it to make money, or be popular.
Hope you get out of the funk your in...I'm sure you will. :-)

 

Blogger Garrett said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Very cool post.

I've already decided I'm not going to do links. It just seems to "I scratch your back you scratch mine".

I just want to write not feel like I owe anyone anything and form cliques.

 

Blogger Wild Phil said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Hi Anndi,

The warmth and kindness that you show others always comes around to help you when your times of need. Keep up the good spirits and you will always find that you will get what you need.

Love and Kisses,
Phil

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (2:05 AM) : 

Well, Ann. I have to say that your blog kept me nodding the whole time. I'm sick of all these blogs (even my 2nd one) that has to have all this flash and bling to be taken as a blog. You know that my more serious blog rarely has visitors, but I don't care. I think the reason for blogging has become a popular contest, who can have the most visitors. Or who can have the most outlandish things. Sometimes the simplest ones are the ones that attract me the most. We are to read their words, understand their feelings, laugh with their jokes and cry with their pain. Why decorate a window when the view is so beautiful? We all include things that are part of our personalities, but the challenge for each blogger to out do the next has become more and more outrageous.

Our blogs are supposed to be our personal space, but many try to do what we do in our real life. They crave attention and "blog" their space down with more and more junk.

Sigh, but what will we do.

Have a good trip to Bham.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Hey Anndi, if you link me I'll link you ; ) Ha....Hurry up and de-funkify. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (9:27 PM) : 

Interesting discussion and something I've given a lot of thought to lately myself. My blog needs to be more centered on my writing and not so much "traffic-grabbing-gizmos" I think.
I, too, hate the blogs that do you a "favor" and then ask you to pay for it.
My traffic has decreased considerably lately and I'm really not sure why. Maybe it was BBOTD technical glitch of late ...who knows. But I do think it's time to branch out into other bloglands and discover new people and voices.

I told someone just this evening how I needed to get my Dating Profile blog back to basics - as it was in the beginning when I felt more creative and wrote just for me. Winning Bestest Blog did skyrocket my numbers but keeping readers is really the challenge. I am thankful that Bobby's site helped people discover my sites - and my writing - but I think that shipped has sailed.

Even though I write the blog to hone my craft and feed my creative side, it is wonderful when people leave supportive comments. And as a writer, that has helped tremendously.

Of course the real reward are the friends I've made along the way. People I genuinely care about - even if they live in a bloghouse.

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (4:38 PM) : 

hey hon, late on reading this. You know where I stand - I could care less what other people think and I'd rather be happy then be the best. Be happy baby.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Bond

WOOOOOOOOO! thanks luv!

Songbird

You are a delight to visit. Thank you and I’m so glad you’re feeling better.

Travis my bro

You know I adore you. Darlin’ you can come and hang out in the luggage anytime. There are extra woobies for you…

And I know you always use the bathmat (I’ve been watching bwahahahahaha) and I also know you wooohoooo too!

John

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to share of yourself with the world honey. Keep writing. And again, thank you for your kindness and for sharing that wonderful music with us.

Clay

Thanks, that felt great luv! Missed you too.

Tisha

You are a ray of light ma Belle
Bisous
Je t’adore!

Turnbaby

I’m very excited about everyone I’ll get to meet, but I do wish so many could be there.
It’s wonderful to be able to share uor thoughts. I just think people sometimes forget why they blog sometimes and get into the ‘I have to throw something together’ mode.
I’m so far out of my funk.. wooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thanks
Smooch

Travis

Mais oui chéri. French talk!

Julie

My friends, both the ones I had when I started and the new ones I made along the way, are a joy. You know me, every once in a while I like to question things and force an inward look. People need to stop and examine their actions to readjust.

I’m glad that young man is fine. I thought of you when I heard of the crash.

Flash away! Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!
Love ya Julie

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Twyla

You are one of the sweetest and genuine bloggers around.. AND a fellow Canuck.. imagine that!
Hugs

Garrett

Thanks for stopiing by. I'll be sure and keep an eye out for you.

Phil

Thanks dear. You are a sweet and kind soul.

Diana

Although there's nothing wrong with a blog being aesthetically pleasing, it is the substance and spirit in which it is written that makes the difference.
I'm reminded of a line from one of my favourite movies:
The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. (Steel magnolias)

Glad to see you're around though.
Missed seeing the kitty eyes!

Matt-man

Just for that, I'll have to make you a juicy roast with all the fixins

Duff

You're a dear. Can't wait to meet you darlin'!

Mimi

I've always enjoyed reading what you have to share. You're a wonderful writer.

You know, we always end up finding the ones we enjoy through all sorts of channels.

Blogging has definitely brought some wonderful people into my consciouness.

Flygirl

You, my dear, are one of best in my book. Love ya!

rub rub rub

 

post a comment