Anndi's Luggage: WOOOOOOOOO!!!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, March 18, 2007

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Music from a lazy Sunday - warning.. Bestaudiocodes are on the fritz for some reason.. and I've been having difficulties with lifelogger so.. I'm putting up some videos... be patient, it's worth the loading time.

I was having an easy Sunday folks. I was still recovering from the flu, so I’m afraid I don’t have much to say as of yet (thank God for all y’all). But good news.. I’m eating! I was going to do a little review of my trip south to see the sweet Taylor Hicks and about getting to meet all the fantastic folks I got to meet, but so many of my wonderful blogging friends have done such a stellar job. I mean how many different accounts do you folks want? But I will regale you with my adventure going home in the following days.. leave it to me to have adventures in luggage…


For today, here's a little snippet that stayed with me from my trip down South… Memphis and Beale Street. My host, the gracious Couch, took me to B. B. King's.. and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!



We drove by Graceland on our way to Birmingham and it gave me shudders.. BIG TIME.

Oh.. and by the way.. On this day in music history in 1957, Elvis Presley bought the Graceland estate... which we drove by.. did I mention that already?


I thought I’d share some of the songs that were playing in my house this weekend as I made Irish Guinness Beef stew, shamrock punch (the Chicklet’s own invention and a new family tradition), green jell-o (yes Travis.. green jell-o), leprechaun gold cake, bangers and green mash (we’re making a whole weekend of St. Paddy’s)… and sweet and tangy Veal with peaches (not so Irish but yummy indeed).
All these songs had me shakin’ what my momma gave me and tapping my feet… The Chicklet got quite a kick out of this music, she'll do just fine that one!



As I joted these songs down in a list I noticed that a lot of the artists I was listening to recorded in the studios of the Birthplace of Rock’n’Roll: Sun Records, located in beautiful Memphis, Tennessee … Just standing in front of the building where Rock’n’Roll originated is enough to give you chills… (Thanks for humouring me Vince). So I've decided to showcase these artists.. At some point I'll give you a bit of history about Sun Records, Sam Phillips and the artists that recorded in that hallowed building.. but for today, I'll leave you with the music...




Elvis Presley - yes.. I LOVE Elvis, and I've made certain the Chicklet inherits this love of the King.
So.. Black Leather Elvis (THUD) and the song that started it all when Sam Phillips rushed over to the radio station from the studio and the DJ just kept playing it and playing it.. over and over again... all night long (it's the second of Elvis' Sun Recordings).





Johnny Cash- The Man in Black




Jerry Lee Lewis – The Killer himself! WOOOOOOOOOOO!




Howlin’ Wolf - I'll be Back Someday



Carl Perkins - yes.. the original 'Blue Suede Shoes'







Also on this day in music history in 1971: The No. 1 Billboard Pop Hit was ``Me and Bobby McGee,'' Janis Joplin. This song is the second posthumous No. 1 song of the rock era, it reached the top of the charts almost six months after Joplin's death. And yes Vinny, Erin was channeling Janis and has exquisite taste in footwear...


A heartfelt thanks to those who have inquired either directly or indirectly about my absence and health, it’s much appreciated. Your kindness will be returned to you at a moment when you need it most.



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "WOOOOOOOOO!!!"

 

Blogger David Odeen said ... (10:08 PM) : 

You must be from Canada? Just askin!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11:10 PM) : 

Great stuff darlin. I'll be back several times to enjoy these again.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:59 AM) : 

"my point"

Why yes I am dear. Thanks for visiting.

Travis

I had a LOT of music I wanted to put up, stupid lifelogger and Bestaudiosodes...
But WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Was it wonderful to revisit all this music! Glad you enjoyed it honey!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Great Music Anndi

OK, come back to Memphis sometime and I will get you to Graceland for the full tour and not a drive-by view... and also you would love the Sun Records tour.. it is pretty incredible...

And at the end- they let you take a picture with the microphone that Elvis and Carl and Johnny and Jerry Lee and everyone else all used...

But as they tell you.. don't lick it- they clean it every night so it would NOT be like kissing or licking Elvis!!!!!

SMOOCHES

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Good tunes girl.

SIGH - Beale Street and Graceland - plus all of you and Taylor....

SIGH - just makes me wish again I had been there.

Glad that you're feeling better. Missed seeing your pretty face.

SMOOCHES.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Good to have you back Anndi. Cheers, you ascerbic wit you!!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Memphis, huh? How I miss my hometown of Mempho! The barbecue down here in FL blows, especially when you're accustomed to Memphis BBQ (the finest in the world).

Hey, bond...I didn't know you were from Memphis! How's life to day in the Bluff City?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Bondbaby!

I'm taking you up on that offer.. what do you mean don't lick or kiss it?
Remember though.. you'll have to catch me when I THUD...

Smooches

Angell

Would have loved it if you'd been with us babe! Had the best time on Beale Street.. and seeing Taylor.. *sigh*.. and meeting everyone.. ok.. this isn't helping is it? Glad to be back honey.

SMOOCHES and a RUB ;-)

Matt-man.. my little baked bean!

Thanks sweetheart... I've actually missed you quite a bit. Too bad you weren't with us in Memphis or Birmingham baby...

Jonathan

I can see why you miss it, It was a whirwind visit and I loved it.

Bond's a transplant from up Joisy or NY depending what mood he's in when you ask.. but he's lovin it in Memphis...

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Your "little baked bean"? Does that mean you find me gassy or you have a legume fetish?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Shoes are my thing Matty dear.. heels, peekaboo pumps, Italian black leather boots...

Gassy? well.. I haven't firsthand experience so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. but you are yummy darlin'!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (5:45 PM) : 

ooooo cool tuneage Angelbaby!! You didn't tell me you drove by Graceland and Sun records!!

God we had fun in BHAM --smooch--rub rub rub

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Jonathan: Just moved here in October... LOVE IT

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Dear Anndi...

You should know I am a NEW YORKER who just happened to live in NJ for a spell...

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (12:53 AM) : 

I love Johnny Cash.

Jerry Lee Lewis is going to be at this year's Jazz Fest.

Glad you're feeling better, lots of the flu going around it seems. Too many people I know have been sick lately.

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (12:54 AM) : 

oh, and I get to see Taylor a few days after you all did. He puts on a great show.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Glad you're feeling better. I've come by a few times to enjoy the tunes (wow! BB King, Jeff Beck, Slow Hand - sigh...), but I keep getting interrupted!

I'll be back...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I've been to Graceland twice. It's like the Southerners' Mecca.

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (4:13 AM) : 

can't wait to hear more about the trip sweetheart! full and speedy recovery! much love!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I just filled out a form for a local newspaper feature called "Teachers Unplugged" and put Memphis as the place I'd most like to visit ... um ... right after Romania, that is ... Love the music, honey.

 

post a comment