Anndi's Luggage: Thursday Thirteen... Traveling...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen... Traveling...

During the Holiday season, there is so much traveling... And LUGGAGE! And I do love luggage... not as much you fine folk… but…
I was inspired... Poor Vince had to run through the airport à la O.J. Simpson… Great visual! Sorry sweetie, but it is… really!

So it got me to thinking of the joys of traveling and airports… some jokes, vids, tunes and true stuff… I’m all about variety... sample, enjoy the drinks are on me!

1-Try explaining to a Canadian Customs agent you went to Cleveland for a vacation: “You went to Cleveland?” she asks doubtful…
“Yes” I respond, tired and annoyed, it’s late I want to pick up the car and get home.
“On vacation?” she says eyeing me like I’m the Beelzebub.
“Yes” sigh… “On vacation” I refuse to play Cleveland tourism Board spokeswoman (I handle Charmin exclusively... Charmin, The Official and Proud Sponsor of the Golden Onions)
“In Cleveland?” right eyebrow raised (reminds me of a green dude I once knew)…
“Yes” What part of Yes doesn’t she understand?
“And how often do you travel Madame? Please unpack your bags” ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

2-Post 9-11… Imagine the look on a U.S. Customs official when they find out you are the head of occupational health and safety for a chemical plant… can you say baggage search?

3- The Joys of the security checkpoint:





So where does one apply for this position?

4-They let anyone travel these days.. (I was given a hard time… and yet.. sheesh!)






5-Signs You have a Bad Airplane Pilot

10. You overhear him say on the intercom "Hey, Pedro, What's this gizmo
do?"
9. For the past two hours, you've been going straight up
8. He says, "We're cruising at an altitude of 40 feet"
7. Co-pilot is sitting on his lap
6. When you take off he yells, "Weeeeeeeeee!"
5. At some point he announces, "Screw Chicago, Let's go find that Mars
observer!"
4. He's wearing a Domino's Pizza uniform
3. Over P.A. you hear, "Heh, heh, heh, this plane sucks, heh, heh, heh"
2. As you get on the plane you recognize the pilot as the same guy who
drove your cab to the airport
1. Keeps referring to the control tower as "Mommy"



6-Bud and Jim were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as airplane mechanics in ATLANTA. One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do. Bud said, "Man, I wish we had something to drink!" Jim says, "Me too. Y'know, I've heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz. You wanna try it?" So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane hooch and get completely smashed. The next morning Bud wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels.
In fact he feels GREAT! NO hangover! NO bad side effects. Nothing! Then the phone rings...It's Jim. Jim says, "Hey, how do you feel this morning?"
Bud says, "I feel great. How about you?"
Jim says,"I feel great, too. You don't have a hangover?"
Bud says, "No, that jet fuel is great stuff -- no hangover, nothing. We ought to do this more often."
"Yeah, well there's just one thing..."
"What's that?"
"Have you farted yet?"
"No....."
"Well, DON'T, 'cause I'm in PHOENIX!!!"

7-


Boeing 747-400 take off on Ch. de Gaulle



You should be ashamed of yourself.. you were waiting for some sort of crash or false maneuver weren’t you!

8-Speaks for itself….





9-I’ve never been treated to a concert (the Krishnas don’t count) at the airport.. Here’s David Bowie and Tin Machine Live at the LA airport in 1991.


David Bowie With Tin Machine



10- I’ve always loved this man’s voice… This song was released the year I was born..




Tragically, he left us all too soon on October 12th 1997, doing one of the things he loved most… Flying...



11- Ah now, a classic…



So wrong.. bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

12- A song that brings back so many memories… Wow I was a child back then…





13- A bit of traveling music… by Jefferson Airplane




Leave a comment and get linked here.. them's the rules..
1. First one out of the gate.. must be all that running he did: Bond!
2. Coco
Can't link em.. but don't want to forget them...:
Meribah the sweet duck-chasing llama running away from puppy
The Damm squeeeeeeeezable duck

Love you all way more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Thursday Thirteen... Traveling..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Well the airplane taking off did not load.. the one for the cruise line is brilliant...
The last one i can not see here...

Ah.. All that luggage and no where to go...

Vacation? Cleveland? You positive?

bwahahahahahahahahahahah

Hey last time i went through security they made me undress too... hummmmmm

 

Blogger Coco said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Hey! Give a girl some warning, would ya? Now I have to take Brennan to the airport this afternoon to do some dancing (I swear this is true!). But only after we watched that clip about 400 times ... never got to see the rest - was too scared.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Bond.. well thank God they don,t do that on connecting flights.. you'd still be in Atlanta! bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Coco: sowwy.. that boy is too cute for words!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Those are great! LOL! Clevland! Hey the RR museum is there isn't it?

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Cleveland?!

Just kidding, I did a layover there once on a flight to Atlanta and I liked the people at that airport. I tend to judge cities by their airports ;)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Yup.. Cleveland..

Busy.. it is and I had a blast there.. I saw clothes that had once been worn by *gulp* Robert Plant!

Starrlight...
If I had to choose, I'd rather be stuck in Cleveland airport than the one in Atlanta.. ugh! Anywhere but the one in Toronto.. but that's another story...

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4:31 PM) : 

**groans in agony as she rubs her sore 'balls, uh, eyeballs that is** Oooooooh, page is so pink! I could hardly see the words! Good thing I figured out that highlighting the words made 'em easier to see, or I would have strained my eyes something fierce! LOL

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (7:32 PM) : 

ummm...CLEVELAND???? I spent a year in Cleaveland one weekend...LOL! Boring!!!! Great post my dear Sister in Soul! Love you more than all the luggage in any airport!
Sue

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Hey Ann! Cleveland is a mere 1.25 hours north of me!!! Woooo!!!

Meri....better pink "balls" then blue ones!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Hey! What happened to my comment?

I remember I posted it and it was funny.

Harumph!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (7:50 AM) : 

Anndi girl, a lot of that was hysterical but now I'm skeered - may be to chicken to fly to Bham *giggles*

HSGR1

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO MESS WITH MY STATE!!!!! FIRST TOLEDO, NOW CLEVELAND???

funny stuff anndi...:)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Meri.. don't you like balls?.. I thought dogs were colour blind?

Sue.. love you too married lady!

Julie.. there are good things in Ohio!

Travis.. really? Too bad Blogger ate it cause that one wasn't badumbump.. hehehe

Flygirl!!! Better a chicken than a duck hehehe

Damm.. hey I went there on vacation.. really.. now c'mere so I can squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the duck!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (2:29 PM) : 

You know mentioning OJ running through an airport dates you. I bet most kids nowdays have no idea what you're talking about. I remember that commerical very well. Nowdays OJ is better known for running in his white Bronco.

 

post a comment