Anndi's Luggage: Love and mariage....
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Love and mariage....

My friend SueAnn is getting married on Friday.. after a whirlwind romance and the ‘oh my God is he the one’ moments…

I love weddings.. (but that does NOT make me a softie)



I should have been a wedding planner…. I love the whole process (I am not a SOFTIE)…

It’s those little things..

Small gestures… the little details… incorporating family and cultural traditions, loved ones who have passed … (I am NOT a softie)







I mentioned I love Elvis didn't I?

Weddings are full of promise..

I promise to love you…

I promise to take out the garbage…

I promise to stop you when you are about to buy the kind of sweater Aunt Gladys would wear… (Frank you better keep this is mind)

I promise to stay in the same room with you even though you snore like a Mac Truck…

The good stuff!

Here are 13 things about weddings.. some ‘did you knows’… some ‘oooh I love this’…. You know… Stuff! (in no particular order…)



Thirteen Things about weddings


1….The Kiss… it’s a fundamental mark that cements the pledge..those famous words.. ‘You may kiss the bride’… No matter what type of wedding, the kiss seems to reach across most cultures.



2- Shoes.. yeah well I love shoes and you know I was going to find a way to include them. Turns out… tying shoes to the newlyweds car brings good luck.. Hey! it’s better than the old tradition of throwing the shoes at the newlyweds! And did you know that the traditional bouquet over the shoulder toss originated as the bride throwing her shoe over her shoulder! What woman in her right mind would throw away a shoe like this one? A man came up with this...And, there was some silly tradition where the groom tapped the bride on the head with his shoe to assert his dominance (I’d like to see a man try…)


3-The first dance… Ok.. we had two of these.There wasn’t a dry eye in the house when my then new husband and I danced, surrounded by our loved ones. first one was to Bryan Adams...You know as a Canadian girl I had to pick Bryan… My new husband and I in our own little world, he and I both under my veil... Second dance a bit later on... Almost all the lights were turned off in the hall and we were surrounded by candlelight… Everyone, friends and family (I'm sure I saw a waiter too) holding a candle...This song was in French.. a song titled 'Tout va changer ce soir' by Michel Fugain.. a song from 1974.. one of those songs that was a part of our respective childhoods... yup.. I shoulda been a wedding planner! Heck.. even the hall owner cried!



4-So..I’ve been married.. the ceremony was beautiful.. family from all over where there.. My Uncle John (Dad’s twin – I love you and miss you Uncle John) flew in from California and one of my most treasured pictures is of Daddy and Uncle John standing together as they waited to see me come down the stairs (I am NOT a softie.. where are the tissues?)(sorry can't post it.. haven't scanned it..)

The marriage didn’t work out… but it was a beautiful day… except for the 1 million mosquitos that decided to fly into my dress and veil as we took the wedding pictures… ok.. maybe not a million… The joys of wedding pictures! I was late to my own wedding (what they were going to start sans moi?) because the photographer spent a bit too much time with the groom... Thank God there wasn't another wedding after us...

So when it's all said and done, the dress, the vows, the ceremony.. man and wife... kiss the bride (here's where you go awwwwwwwww and clap)... may I present to you yada yada yada...
pause here and imagine if you will.. we almost entered the reception hall to this song.. (did I mention I love Elvis?)



Mom would've fainted.. so.... we didn't.. but I tell ya..


5-Who knows.. some day I may do it again.. but if I do... I just might do it this way…




6- Bloopers.. ooh come on...they're fun..


7- Movies about or including weddings..
Steve Martin.. every girl knows what Daddy means at a wedding...
Steel Magnolias.. the sanctuary in blush and bashful.. pepto-bismol.. the groom's cake... no girdle.. bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

8- Superstitions... here's one: Seeing a lamb, frog, spider, black cat, or rainbows on the way to the ceremony is believed to be a sign of good luck! What.. no ducks?

9- An excuse to shop??? Tradition says that the first member of the newlywed couple to purchase a new item following the wedding will be the dominant force in the relationship. Sue Ann!! Go shoppin girl! CHARGE IT!

10- Here's where I get sappy again.. Sue and I are both part Irish... Here is an old Irish proverb: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend.

11- Okay.. back to bloopers..



12- The music.. band? dj?..wedding singer? bwahahahahahahahahahaha!
whooooopidydoo!! Mutants at table 9... teehee!


13- The wedding night.. oh come on.. do I actually have to tell you why?





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Love and Happiness Sue!

Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Comments on "Love and mariage...."

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I loved it. It was a wonderful list. Anderson would approve.

My favorite though, I have to say is the kiss. I've always liked an audience, but damn!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Wonderful, Anndi. And that SHOE! I might even consider getting married again if I could get a pair of shoes like that in the bargain ...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I'm wondering what woman in her right mind would throw that shoe.... LMOO

Wonderful 13...Love it... and I'm tellin you, when Tony and I get married, it will in a place just like the picture.... ;-)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Great List Anndi.. and those shoes... WOOOOO nice...sorry i got distracted....
So, bith you, the mosquitos and your hubby got under your veil adn dress... OOO

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Diana: hehehe... yeah.. the kiss is pretty spectacular!

Coco: never mind the wedding.. let's go shopping!

Dixie: LOL shoe! think the one who catches it wrestles the bride to the ground for the other one?

YoursBond: I love a man who appreciates an excellent shoe! yup.. but the mosquitos got there first LOL!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1:32 PM) : 

not a softie my patunia!! *giggles* what a great read and loved the mishaps. HSG

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I love this list.
I've never really been a fan of weddings, but maybe that's because I didn't have the wedding that I wanted, and then the marriage failed anyways...but the bright side is, I will hopefully get to do it all over again...the right way. :-)
My bf says that if we ever get married, he wants "Darth Vader" music when we walk down the aisle. I could actually go for that. The more unique, the better.

 

Blogger Shelby said ... (3:23 PM) : 

such a great list - and I do like those shoes. I love shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

That was a great 13! In Hawaii, when someone gets married and they do the wedding dance for the bride and groom, prople go up to them and put money in the bride or grooms mouth and the pass it to their spouse. It's kind of a tradition back home.

Thanks for stopping by.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3:51 PM) : 

**contemplates the idea that Ann may not be a softie. . .

**thinks a little more. . .

**considers the possibility. . .

**wonders just a bit more. . .

I conclude that our Miss Ann is a bonafide true blue softie.

Sorry Ann, I just go by the facts.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Mary: ya hootchie! am not... and ain't those too damn funny!

Twyla: I felt the same way for a while and then I decided well.. Love weddings!
Now..I think the Darth Vader song is perfect.. go for it!

East of Oregon: thank you for stopping by.. yes.. the shoes ARE GLORIOUS!

Ma: Aloha dear one! We do something similar here.. but they pin money on the bride and groom..didn't do it.. like I was saving the dress to wear again LOL!

Travis: I'm letting that comment slide just cause you're my MUCH older brother and it seems to be your calling to annoy me.. still not wearing pig-tails.. no sir.

 

Blogger Joey said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Face it Anndi...

you ARE a softie!!!

Brilliant post (as usual)

:)

hugggggggs 'n smoooooochies

luv ya

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5:38 PM) : 

**points and chants** Anndi is a softie! Anndi is a softie! **runs out of the blog before Anndi throws a shoe at her** LOL

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (7:39 PM) : 

Hello - I'm afraid I'm a bit of a wedding scrooge... I like other peoples' and I play at loads every year but I don't want one myself.

I do love the shoes though!!!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (9:28 PM) : 

ok first I cant help it but i absolutely love those shoes! That was a great list Anndi. And who knew black cats & spiders brought goodluck! Well, you of course! Hugs sweetie!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11:22 PM) : 

Very interesting list Ann.....I enjoy it here!

Great Bryan Adams song, too!

Hugs!!

 

Blogger Sonny said ... (3:10 AM) : 

So great list!!!! Weddings!! I LOVE Weddings!!!!

And the shoes are gorgeous!!!

Hugs and greetings from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Drooling over shoes...mind is mush--thud

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:36 PM) : 

My wedding was absolutely beautiful...the marriage on the other hand, wasn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 AM) : 

sympa le mariage.

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I'm sitting here crying...and I am no softie either. I am just now getting to read all of the wonderful things all of you had written for me. Just went into FBB and saw the sweet congrats written to me there. Y'all are so sweet..oh no crying again. Oh Anndi..thank you so much for this..you are the sweetest most wonderful friend a woman could ask for..I love you my dear friend. **sniff, sniff** Oh and I love Elvis too..does that make us sisters?

 

post a comment