Anndi's Luggage: time
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, May 01, 2008

time

It's odd isn't it, how it can seem to drag on forever... and then you want to stop it because it flies by far too quickly.

For my Chicklet, who makes me proud and amazes me everyday... soon, you'll be ready (though I might not be).

“Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die... Still you wait and will not try - A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly.”
-- A. A. Milne

and for my Honey, who feels like home...

"The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
-- George Moore




I love you both more than I can say.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "time"

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (7:24 AM) : 

The older you get, the faster it seems to go...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Buff: it feels like that doesn't it?

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (8:55 AM) : 

One more sleep Angelbaby.

And I know too well that desire to have time fly only to make it want to stop and stretch on forever.

And now--finally--I know what 'home' feels like ;-)

Smooch

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I love that song. Today is the day, no?

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Here is hoping your weekend becomes a week, then a month and finally a lifetime

 

Blogger Lu' said ... (11:35 AM) : 

thanks Anndi :) it's a gooder. Nice sentiment Bond. That is exactly how it was/is for me. We're still living on the lifetime.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Turnbaby: sleep? Don't if I'll be able to.

Home... yup

Leighann: It's a beautiful song... tomorrow... *sigh*

Bond: I have every intention of making it so. Thanks.

Lu: When it finally happens it's a wondrous thing.

 

Blogger Doc said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Time = Morris Day's back up band

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Doc = Lame

Sorry baby, I thought it was today :(

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Doc: Was that on one of your mix tapes? The one you whined about getting back? ;p

Leighann: I am in full prep mode! An extra day would have been amazing.

 

Blogger mauniejames3 said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Two sweet baby's...I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...have fun

 

Blogger R.E.H. said ... (2:39 PM) : 

That's a beautiful post.

And, as buffalo said up there - time does go faster the older you get. I think there is something fundamentally wrong about our perception of time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Poor kid...robbed of his Dad at such an early age...Time In A Bottle was our junior prom theme song (ancient history)

 

Blogger Doc said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Leighann = Harsh !!

LOL!

 

Blogger Odat said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Beautiful post! Treasure each moment!
Peace

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Here's hoping each second is long and you savor every moment with him. I know you will......Have a wonderful time.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Maunie: Thank you my friend.

r.e.h.: Thanks hon... the're very special. I don't that it's wrong... I just think the older we get, the more we realize how little time might be left.

Coopernicus: Losing a parent so young is a tragedy. Jim's death was tragic. I wouldn't say ancient.. rather "timeless"?! ;)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Doc: and that surprises you? LOL

Odat: Thanks my friend.. I know just how precious every moment is. *hugs*

Mims: SMOOCH! Thank you my dear friend. I know just how blessed I am.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:45 PM) : 

This is one of the BEST SONGS EVER.

And home is in her eyes, and her voice, and her hands.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Travis: Indeed it is...

When you finally find that love, you know home isn't a place... but a heart.

 

Blogger RW said ... (11:27 PM) : 

That was awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

Lovely post..
Hugs,
Lesley

 

Blogger Ed & Jeanne said ... (1:55 AM) : 

Time...keeps flowing like a river. I guess that Alan Parsons analogy of time to water can also explain the seemingly stopping of time in that my toilet does the same damn thing...stops flowing!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Travel safe...Stay happy...Travis hit the nail on the head...I never thought of it that way until a few months ago. Now I truly know.

 

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Have a great time! Great tune, as well. Hugs...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:00 PM) : 

It's amazing how slow this last 36 days is passing until we go to DisneyWorld...but how fast the last 12 years have gone looking at my Chicklet. As Einstein once said,

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.”

Well, substitute "Taylor Hicks" for "pretty girl" and you get the idea.

 

Blogger mauniejames3 said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Is today the day? you go girl...

 

Blogger Slyde said ... (11:02 AM) : 

sweet post! i like it.

p.s. is it just me, or does your font run off the page for other people as well?

 

Blogger Ginormous Boobs said ... (12:55 PM) : 

The time I spend with fellow blogger, Bob Dobalina, seems to evaporate at an alarming rate. It's like we're in a time warp and hours and days just disappear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

post a comment