Anndi's Luggage: Have you lost your mind???
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Have you lost your mind???

I spent some time this morning chatting with a dear friend and he planted a seed in my head... I was complaining that my life was a bit boring and that I didn't know what to post about lately. He suggested I get out and try new things - like last year's “Lobster Jacuzzi” and the time I resorted to lobstercide. For my Dad, I sucked it up and tried something new . You can read about my encounter with Morty and Saul here - I decided to name them... (the part about the lobsters is at the end...).

His suggestion for a fun new thing was: waterskiing.

Of course, my first thought was... um, NOOOO!

Why, you ask? (and if you didn't ask, I don't care, I'm gonna tell you anyway... so there!)

One, I like to look cute and I can't picture myself looking cute whilst waterskiing. I don't look cute in a bathing cap and butterfly wings, screaming and being dragged through water like snapping turtle or shark bait.

Two, I like wearing bikinis (reference number one and my desire to be cute)... I don't think there's enough engineering know-how on the planet that will allow for a bikini (a cute bikini) that can hold it's own against the water pressure exerted on a bathing suit when you fall off your skis and are dragged through the water like snapping turtle or shark bait. With my luck, I'd end up with the bottom wrapped around my face like a squid and the top would become a Mickey Mouse hat.

Three, this one follows directly from number two (novel eh?)... I'm afraid of ending up with an enema as there will no longer be a bikini bottom protecting me whilst I'm being dragged through the water like snapping turtle or shark bait after I fall off my skis.



Four, I know I'll end up swallowing a bunch of water while I'm being dragged through the water like snapping turtle or shark bait after falling off my skis... and I KNOW what people do in that water. BLECH!

Five, snapping turtles and sharks. Enough said.

I don't even think this video can convince me...





So, what kind of sport don't you want to try, and why? What kind of new things do you suggest I try?

If you can come up with valid reasons why I should go waterskiing, by all means... let me know!


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Have you lost your mind???"

 

Blogger Acrimony said ... (4:54 PM) : 

I refuse to try roller blading. Not because I'm afraid of falling and scratching myself up or breaking my neck but because I'm not going to get out there and fall on my butt while a gang of 8 year olds are blading circles around me. My ego could never handle that.

Have you ever tried Ultimate Frisbee? That's fun and generally filled with hot athletic guys which is a bonus if that's the sort of thing you find as fun eye-candy.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Bikinis go with hot tubs, but I don't know of a competitive hot tub league.

Hmmmmm.

As for me, I have no interest in a 4 hour walk broken up by periodically whacking a little white ball with a stick, otherwise known as golf.

 

Blogger Jay said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I don't really see your losing your bikini as a problem at all. ;-)

I won't do Karaoke. It doesn't matter how drunk I get. I'm not doing it. ;-)

 

Blogger Ginormous Boobs said ... (7:09 PM) : 

I vote for white water rafting/white water kayaking.

And Bowl-a-oke. It's TOTALLY a sport.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Talisman: Any sport my daughter would whoop my butt at is NOT my idea of cool either.
Who in their right mind would think hot athletic guys are eye-candy is beyond me ;)

Travis: Exactly!
How is an activity where you go around on a little cart while some kid drags your club just so you can request (actually I believe it's demand) quiet as you aim for the little dimpled white ball a sport? Besides, it's mean to the gophers!

Jay: If I do will you come shield me from prying eyes?
What kind of karaoke qualifies as sport? What if I sing a duet with you?

GB: I'm up and down for (it's bouncy in that raft) white water rafting surprisingly...

Bowl-a-what? Singing as you bowl? Do have to get the rented shoes? Because I have a thing against rented shoes...

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Underwater basket weaving is definitely out for me

For you...how about tennis? I'll bet you'd be kicking it in one of those little skirts!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:08 PM) : 

Hehe! I don't *do* sports. God made me short and round and who am I to question His ways?

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (9:12 PM) : 

You have left me totally exhausted and feeling a bit drowned after that post. Excuse me while I pull up my bikini....

My suggestion: Dancing.
It's waterless (usually) and you keep your clothes on (usually).....

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Jeff: When I was about 13 I decided I was going to be a tennis star and marry Bjorn Borg or Pat Cash... I even bought a tennis racket and shoes! 25 years later... still don't play worth a hoot. But I do look cute in the outfit...

Dana: stalking Taylor Hicks in a cow costume is like a sport...
God also made me bald and naked... but at some point my hair grew in and I started wearing clothes. ;P

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Mimi: DANCING! That's perfect! So.. clothes on.. no pole.. right.

*gigglesnort*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

I was actually invited water skiing last weekend but I politely declined..
How energetic does the sport have to be? What about Potatoe sack races ( that's with the potatoe sack full of potatoes carried up a huge hill)
Or maybe something a little more tame such as crab races? Those lil suckers can move when you poke at them and then you could eat them later..
Hugs, Lesley

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

Oh and I must finish your Q. You could always wear a really sexy wetsuit or better still get the bikini painted on with waterproof paints.. as long as you don't fall you'll be just fine!
I would never go bungee jumping. I am very attached to my neck!

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (6:01 AM) : 

I went waterskiing twice in my teens.. and it was fun. Now I'm far too lazy.

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Chili Contests! Beyond a nasty stain or two, they're pretty safe.. You could even use snapping turtle or shark in your chili!

 

Blogger mauniejames3 said ... (7:58 AM) : 

hmmm...I am afraid of heights so mountain climbing and skydiving are out for me...you would be just as adorible in a snug one piece for water sports...we went a lot when I was younger...and after a couple of flops..you will get the hang of it...good luck



maunie

 

Blogger RW said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Juggling chainsaws has always been a sport I am scared of doing. I have fought threw this peer pressure

Hope you had a awesome weekend Anndi! :D

 

Blogger Lu' said ... (9:12 AM) : 

What sport don't I want to try, damn near all of them. What should you try, trap shooting. Plenty of the opposite sex to see you look cute and you could even wear a bikini but I think you'd be the first. I did see a woman wear her shooting vest without anything under it. Most are netting in the back and well all you could see was her bare back. The front was all covered so I guess why not.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Lesley: I think you made a wise choice.
Not too energetic... What do we do with the potatoes after we get them up the hill?
Wetsuit... could be a possibility. I'm afraid the paint wouldn't last and my enema problem would not be solved there LOL
Bungee jumping doesn't appeal to me either. Thanks for visiting!

Topchamp: I share that same problem!

Buff: always so wise! SMOOCH

Maunie: ACK to skydiving. Someone here at work goes and tried to talk me into... nope, no way... never.
What if the one piece gives me a wedgie?

Roger: Keep resisting.. bits of you aren't as good as all of you. I had a nice time, hope you did also sweets!

Lu': I may have to try the shooting, but I have to find cute ear muffs first.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Nope...will not bungie jump (is that a sport?)

But you know Ann.. while water skiing, if you fall...you let go of the pull-rope and thus..you are not ragged through the water like a snapping turtle or shark bait!

I walk when I play golf and do not ride a cart (when it is allowed)...and enjoy the sport...

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I pretty much play a sport everyday by attempting to get the bitches in a bra comfortably!

I think you should try....

Street Magic
Become a Carnie for a week
Billiards <-- now that's fun!
Um.... send me some chemicals and I'll document the outcome for you to blog about!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Bond: even better.. let go and be a sitting duck for snapping turtles and sharks! Nope...
For me to consider golf a sport there would have to be some extreme rules added.. and the water hazards would be real water hazards with pirahnas or snapping turtles or sharks in them.

Leighann: I dated a carnie once... before he became a carnie. Been there done that.
Street magic? Wait, maybe a mime..

I like billiards...

Can I get those past customs?

 

Blogger Doc said ... (1:05 PM) : 

With my luck, I'd end up with the bottom wrapped around my face like a squid and the top would become a Mickey Mouse hat.

If that were to happen I would "rescue" you anytime!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Doc: Cause you're a sucker for a damsel in distress...

 

Blogger Lu' said ... (3:53 PM) : 

I pretty much play a sport everyday by attempting to get the bitches in a bra comfortably!
lEIGHANN HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :o

 

Blogger Dianne said ... (4:37 PM) : 

when I lived in NYC I found the subway at rush hour to be a fulfilling contact sport. And it was even more challenging during the summer!

I think you'd be adorable on a water-ski. Just get a big, hulky pre-fat Elvis kinda guy and hang on to him.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Lu: that's our girl! LOL

Dianne: I did the Montreal subway all during college.. UGH. Of course, there,s also shopping around the holidays.
I'd rather hang on to my honey on the back of a Harley.. but a black leather Elvis is second best!

 

Blogger Ed & Jeanne said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I sense a repressed fear of snapping turtles just below the surface. I know, I'm intuitive like that...

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Nope no waterskiing for me! I wouldn't be able to grab my nose in time after letting go of the bar!

 

Blogger Slyde said ... (8:54 PM) : 

im so glad you put up that go-gos vid.. that is EXACTLY what i was thinking of while reading this...

p.s. please remember to have someone snap a pic of you with your bikini top on your head like mouse ears...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 AM) : 

lol... You run back down the hill with them again of course!
Thanks for the thanks, I will return... {wicked laugh}

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Personally, I would avoid parasailing, hang gliding, and sky diving. I would highly recommend hiking. Benign and mostly safe (as long as you stay away from cliffs), I think you would look mighty cute in cargo shorts with hiking boots.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (1:27 AM) : 

Salut Anndi,
I'am like you; no way anyone is going to get me to get pulled behind some some screaming motor boat.
"quand les poules aront des dents" or when hens will have teet.
Just call me a land lover...
I must have a thing about skis. I can't swallow the idea of skiing on snow either.

You stay safe; I wouldn't trust those Go-gos neither. Ha !

 

post a comment