Anndi's Luggage: remembering...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, March 20, 2008

remembering...

Today is the anniversary of "Shock and Awe"... but there is something so much more important and uplifting I want to remember today...

Happy Birthday Mister Rogers... you are sorely missed.










In view of what this day stands for... I thought this was a fitting clip.



Thank you Mister Rogers... You've made so many days a special day... just by being who you were.

Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "remembering..."

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Salut Anndi,
My, that was so special; it made me shed some tears.
What a beautiful person you were Mr Rogers.

Big hugs to you Anndi, for putting on these videos XXXXX
Bises.

 

Blogger The Ferryman said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I LOVED Mr. Rogers! He and Captain Kangaroo made me the man I am today.

So....blame them.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I hear kids loved him....I missed that whole thing

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (4:00 PM) : 

He made quite an impact on alot of kids...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Barbara: I have a great deal of respect for someone who decided to dedicate his life to showing kids they matter, just for being who they are.

Hugs

Fab: I thought Fozzy Bear was to blame for you!

Bond: Didn't your Matt watch him? WE had another man like him here in Canada... Mr Dressup (aka Ernie Coombs). A few people left me in a state of deep mourning upon their passing: Jim Henson and Ernie Coombs were the ones who had the most impact.

Buff: Who in turn will hopefully carry that on with today's children.

His appearance before the United States Senate subcommittee on Communications, when Richard Nixon wanted to cut funding in half for PBS quality children's programming to pay for the war in Vietnam makes him a saint if you ask me.

During his speaking engagements, he would ask for 60 seconds of silence; he would instruct the audience to use the minute of silence to remember those who helped them become who they were.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:09 PM) : 

I really do miss Mr. Rogers. I am thankful there exists PBS and re-runs.

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (10:49 PM) : 

"Won't you be my neighbor?"

Good memories.

 

Blogger Doc said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I loved Mr. Rogers too... It was one of the only 2 TV shows my parents let me watch when I was real little

 

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Ann-

You've made it a wonderful day in te neighborhood!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Anndi - He did a lot to help the kids of this world.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Mr. Rogers was one of the few celebrities' deaths I cried over. Thanks, precious friend.

 

post a comment