Anndi's Luggage: The day after... and stuff
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The day after... and stuff

Well, it's the day after St Paddy's and you can bet your shamrocks quite a few people are feeling a wee bit green this morning.


I’ve gone through my share of "Day After" mornings... One of the strangest remedies for a hangover I’ve ever heard of (and I am debating as to whether or not I actually want to attempt a scientific albeit non-statistically relevant study of) has to be drinking dill pickle juice.
They say it has something to do with the salt and mineral content. Look, I live in Canada... if all that was needed to get over a hangover was a bit of salt, I could just lick the street in winter... It’s just about as appealing.



And of course, you know this got me wondering... Does the pickle juice have to come from the really crunchy kind? Isn’t one’s liver already pickled enough at that point? Who discovered this? Have any of you ever tried it?

And I can just imagine what your breath must be like after... lovely!



The alternative to pickle juice might be spending quite a bit of time with your face near cold ceramic, but it's better than this:

I seriously don't know where to begin with this story...

Seems a woman spent so much time sitting on her boyfriend's commode (2 years in fact), and her um... "cheeks" actually somehow "fused" to the seat... dudes, read the story here...





People are strange...




Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: ,

Comments on "The day after... and stuff"

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (6:52 AM) : 

LOL

Yes it's the salt and minerals--if you can actually get a pickle down there's some hydration in it LOL

I think it has to be Claussen--the real crunchy kind you keep refrigerated.

Not that I've had a need for it lately but I like to share ;-)

And as messed up as she is I shake my head at the boyfriend enabling it even more.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Turnbaby: If you say so.. *giggles*

Her boyfriend is an ass... how fitting eh?!

 

Blogger R.E.H. said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Now, that toilet seat bring a whole new meaning to the term "come sit on my face"...

About the pickle remedy... no way. It would result in projectile vomiting.

 

Blogger The Ferryman said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Do a lot of people in Canada lick the street? I never see any of that in the brochures...

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (9:24 AM) : 

My husband and kids like to drink pickle juice.

Freaks.

And I can think of lots of other things I'd rather sit on for two years ;)

 

Blogger Jay said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I've heard of the pickle juice cure before, but I've never tried it. I do love dill pickles though. Yummy!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:53 PM) : 

r.e.h.: It's scary just how much we think alike...
I think I'd rather suffer through the hangover than attempt the pickle cure.

Fab: Not the street, but some tourists...

Leighann: I kinda like olive juice myself, but I wouldn't try it hungover...
Other things.. mm yup!

Jay: It seems there are a lot of weird hangover remedies..
Have you tried fried pickles? I have to say... not bad at all!

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (1:23 PM) : 

The only cure I've found to work (and believe me I've needed a cure often) is plain old water and plenty of it!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Actually, I've heard that the best remedy for a hangover is to get drunk again.

Just sayin'...

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4:14 PM) : 

"Authorities said they didn't know if she was mentally or physically disabled."

I can tell you she is definitely disabled in more ways than one and the boyfriend is just as much so

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Maybe it tastes so nasty you wouldn't dare drink again for fear of haveing to do it again. Blech!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7:06 PM) : 

I have never had a hangover, so I wouldn't know.

Ah, potty humour! The puppy like, but that's not too surprising, eh! :P

Sheesh, that woman AND her boyfriend definitely have issues...makes me appreciate my (somewhat) sane family and friends even more! :P

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:52 PM) : 

I can't figure out why the boyfriend "let" her sit there for 2 years. Didn't he need to use the potty or did he just go in the sink?

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (4:09 AM) : 

Salut Anndi,
I celebrated Saint Paddy's but no, I wasen't wearing the green the day after .
La gueule de bois,on dit en France, quand on a trop bu. Qu'est ce que vous dites au Québec?
Dans la famille, quand qqn a trop bu, on dit qu'il/qu'elle a "mal aux cheveux" !! Weird...

I don't have a "day after" remedy...
St Paddy's day ! I had a GREAT one ! Proud to be Irish.
Pix on my blog AND you are UP for a blog award too.

Grosses Bises xo

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:36 AM) : 

akelamalu: now that one I can handle!

Songbird: ah yes.. the drunk promise as you stick your face on cold porcelain.. hehehe

"Oh please God, I promise I'll never do this again, just don't let me see my stomach in the bowl..."

Bond: Morons both of them!

Jeff: You'd think the hangover in and of itself would be enough LOL

Meri: uh huh... *snicker*

Potty humour is a good thing eh puppy!

We appreciate you too.. I'd never let you sit by a hydrant for two years ;)

Dana: Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Barbara: "Gueule de bois" et "mal aux cheveux" exactement!

Thank you for the blog bling and I can't wait to see the pics!

 

Blogger The Mountain Cat said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Anndi, Is that a pickle in your....ah never mind.

 

Blogger Doc said ... (7:16 AM) : 

I am NOT drinking pickle juice for a hangover THAT is for sure... Give me a Goody's powder...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:49 AM) : 

Mt Cat: Nah... couldn't figure out where to insert the batteries....

Doc: In Gatorade right? The NASCAR headache cure!

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Mix the pickle juice with vodka and tomato juice- you'll feel better in no time!

 

Blogger Romeo Morningwood said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Talk about Can's Ass!

Authorities didn't know if toilet girl was mentally disabled? Are you kidding me?

Her boyfriend should have given her the proverbial 'Bum's Rush' two years ago!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (3:07 PM) : 

*laughs* people are strange ... *hugs you tight*

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Buff: THAT I'm willing to try..

Donn: She was in a pickle... *bum's rush* hehehe!

Coco: YUp... guess we may as well laugh it off! Thanks for the hugs!

SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Charles Gramlich said ... (12:21 PM) : 

I'm afraid I just as soon have a hangover as drink pickle juice.

 

post a comment