Anndi's Luggage: time flies...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, February 25, 2008

time flies...







Ten years ago today, during a snowstorm, a pink, naked, dark haired, blue-eyed, sweet baby girl was laid on my breast. I finally got to say hello to the being that had taken over my body. The being whose feet would poke out and give my basketball-sized belly odd shapes. Soft music was playing (she still listens to this every night) and time stood still.


That day, I realized just how much a parent loves a child, I knew the deepest love.

In those first few days, I'd lay in bed, gazing at her for hours... wondering what the world would hold for her, my sunshine.


I find myself still gazing at her, usually in awe. She's an amazing person. Her kindness touches me. Her infectious smile warms my very soul. Her questions test my patience and my knowledge of the world (thank GOD for the internet)... and her observations about the world humble me.



Fast forward to today and I'm faced with a mini version of me (my parents' revenge). She's a great traveller, a music afficionado, a budding scientist... and a very cool chick indeed. We're embarking on quite the journey after the first 10 years... I've got my shots, my passport and I guess we'll see where this next decade takes us.

It promises to be quite the ride.












Bonne fête mon trésor!
Je t'aime de TOUT mon coeur!



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "time flies..."

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Happy Birthday doll!!

 

Blogger Doc said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklett !!!



(and you were missed last week)

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklet!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklet!!

Of course she's wonderful--she has YOU for her mom!

SMOOCH

 

Blogger The Ferryman said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Wow...how very very cool. Happy Birthday!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I'll let her respond later tonight when she reads your birthday wishes.. but...

Trav: Thanks dear!

Doc: aww.. I missed you guys too! SMOOCH! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Leighann: Thanks to a blogging mommy!

Turnbaby: Love you dear friend! SMOOCH!
And she has great aunties too!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Mr. Fabulous: She's cool.. yup... Thanks!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Alice - you're a true gift from God. :D

Anndi, my dear friend, you are raising quite the little lady.

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklet may your birthday be very special. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Happy birthday Chicklet!!!! Such a beauty, you are. You'd give my oldest son a run for his money :-)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2:26 PM) : 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKLET....

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Blogger R.E.H. said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklett!

And, I got that tune playing while I was reading this... it sure set the mood and took me on a mental journey through a wonderous fairy land. Wow - that was cool!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7:58 PM) : 

They most certainly capture our hearts don't they? -our little girls. Unbelievable!

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Chicklet.

BTW Anthony (my oldest) will be ten on the 27th. Only two days difference, small world eh?

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (3:12 AM) : 

Joyeuex Anniversiaire à Chicklet

Happy Birthday wishes to a beautiful young lady.I just feel it; you have one great Mom.
Tu as énormément de chance.

The trip has just begun; lots of big adventures to come.

 

Blogger Gail said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Happy Birthday, Alice!

Hugs, and kisses and lots of love...

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Happy birthday to your mini-me!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Happy Birthday to Chicklet. She's a lovely girl. So happy. Makes mama proud, eh?

You've been royally tagged by the Queen of Memes. Message In a Bottle Meme
Have fun!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Angell: She's an awesome kid... Thanks for the birthday wish my friend!

akelamalu: Thank you so much dear...

Kyra: Thanks! She giggled at that comment LOL

Vince: WOOOOOOOOO is right!

r.e.h.: Thanks for the well wishes... she and I hold that music very dear.

Julie: Our sunshine girls sure do my friend.

Jeff: You just never know do you! SMOOCH

Barbara: Merci ma chère!

Gail: Thanks auntie Gail says Chicklet. Hugs Twinny!

Buff: she thanks you!

Mimi: Thank you, she's quite the princess you know!

I have?

I shall attempt to respond to the tag post haste then...

 

Blogger Charles Gramlich said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Lovely daughter. Happy Bday. I love that picture of the foot through the pregnant woman's belly. HOw cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers

...and children? they bring us all THREE!

happy happy happy day!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:17 PM) : 

Happy Birthday to an Awesome Chicklet!

:sniffles:

They grow up so fast, don't they?

 

Blogger none said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Have a happy one!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:28 PM) : 

You raised a beautiful young lady, Ann. Happy B-day to her!
As for the picture of your belly...wow! Pregnancy and birth really is amazing, isn't it? Hugs.

 

Blogger RW said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Oh no I been gone!! So Happy Belated Birthday Chicklet!! Driving your Mom crazy is what its all about! :D

 

Blogger RW said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Anndi I have a award for you! Your Blog Rocks!!click here for your award!

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Just checing in to asy hi and hope all is well. Miss ya.

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Where you at? No postings? Run out of windmills to tilt at? Give us you care about you a sign...

 

Blogger Christo Gonzales said ... (10:42 AM) : 

happy belated birthday and that foot picture is the coolest thing ever....

 

post a comment