Anndi's Luggage: It doesn't get easier...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, March 10, 2008

It doesn't get easier...


I would have liked my first post after spring break vacation to be fun and silly.

My cousin called me with the news that my uncle passed away today from a stroke. He was a jovial, wonderful man.. never afraid to show emotion.

He loved music, sweets and his family. He raised three daughters and was a devoted husband for more than 50 years.

Every Christmas when I was a kid meant going to Midnight Mass... and this song was always sung. My uncle loved it and sang it with all his might, attempting that high note with gusto... the way he lived life. It's my favourite memory of him. I can still hear him singing.






I know Mom was waiting for him.

Bon voyage Oncle Marcel... Je t'aime.

Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "It doesn't get easier..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 AM) : 

My Condolences. He sounds like a wonderful man...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12:59 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for this loss.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:16 AM) : 

Coopernicus: Thank you for your kind words and your visit. I couldn't have asked for a better uncle.


Travis: Thanks my friend.

 

Blogger R.E.H. said ... (7:56 AM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss. He had a good life, raising three daughters and having the love of a woman for 50 years.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:06 AM) : 

r.e.h.: Thank you sweetie. He made the most of life, and that's how I remember him.

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (8:33 AM) : 

RIP Uncle

Hugs to you Anndi :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:19 AM) : 

SO sorry for your loss Anndi....

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12:30 PM) : 

{{{{HUGS}}}} My condolences Angelbaby

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy to lose someone you love. You have some wonderful memories of your uncle to keep you in touch with him. x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I am so sorry. What wonderful memories you have of him, though. A live well-lived !

Duff

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7:07 PM) : 

So, so sorry to hear about your family's loss.

And what would Midnight Mass be without "O Holy Night?"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Aw, I'm so sorry about that Anndi. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Sending a prayer for comfort your way.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Oh honey - giant hugs.

I understand. No, it doesn't get easier, but knowing that he lived a full life that touched many while he was here is a blessing.

We're here for you.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Leighann: Thank you for the hugs sweetie.

Bond: Thank you

Turnbaby: Thanks for the support my friend and for the hugs.

Akelamalu: Thank you dear. Memories help.

Duff: Thank you so much honey. He did live a full life. That's exactly what his daughter and I were saying to each other last night.

Songbird: Thank you. Now he'll sing it with the angels. SMOOCH

Dana: Thank you my precious friend

Jeff: Thank you, that does bring comfort my friend.

Angell: I know you are... thank you my dear friend. HUGS

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (3:26 AM) : 

Chère Anndi,
Mes très sincères condoléances.
Lots of Hugs to you XXXXXXXXX

He will surely sing with his sweet voice up in heaven.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Thank you for sharing this fine man with us, Ann. The love you have for him flows through this post. Hugs.

 

post a comment