Anndi's Luggage: Manic Monday - Eggspect to be dazzled!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, March 24, 2008

Manic Monday - Eggspect to be dazzled!




OK.. not really dazzled... More like informed.


So:


Interesting facts about eggs.


1. If you hold an egg in the palm of your hand and then try to squeeze your hand into a fist, you won't crush the egg. (and no... it isn't because I'm a weak girly girl... sheesh!)


2. Eggs don't crush under the weight of a mother bird when she sits on the nest because she hovers.. like when we women folk go to a public restroom. Actually, I was just kidding about the momma bird hovering part - however we women do in effect hover quite nicely. The reason the egg isn't crushed is because of the "design" of the egg. When a force is applied to an egg, the curve of the egg distributes the force over a wide area away from the point of contact.


3. Hens with white feathers and earlobes produce white eggs, and hens with red feathers and earlobes produce brown eggs. Does anyone know what a chicken's earlobe looks like?



4. If you accidentally break an egg on the floor or a counter top, sprinkle it heavily with salt for easy clean-up (in case you try number 1 and it turns out you're a freak of nature or something).


OK.. I've shared enough egg facts. I'm off to make French Toast (Pain Doré) and bacon... YUMMO!





Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!




Labels: , ,

Comments on "Manic Monday - Eggspect to be dazzled!"

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I have seen a chicken earlobe;-)

I always buy brown eggs. I just like them better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Egg-celent entry, Anndi - and the French toast sounds like music to my pregnant ears!

Happy Manic Easter Monday!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Turnbaby: Apparently that red dangly thing in the picture is the earlobe... not real inspiring is it? Seriously, who wants to nibble on that?

I like brown eggs too, makes me feel all nature-loving and all... don'ta sk, I don't know - it just does. One of those weird things about me LOL

Sanni: SMOOCH.. you're so cute! LOL
Awww.. I'd cook for your pregnant belly if we were neighbors sweetie.

Happy Easter Monday to you too!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12:55 PM) : 

French Toast. I'm game. Sounds yummy. I didn't know these facts about eggs either. Have a great MM. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Happy MM! French toast is a great idea right now...

As usual, my response this week to the MM meme takes Mo's word to a different place that is unique to the African American culture.

peace, Villager

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Sandee: It was DELISH! I was going to take a picture.. but I eated it!

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (2:03 PM) : 

Great egg facts! And YES, I do know what a chicken earlobe looks like!
:)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Villager: Thanks.. I'm on my way to learn something new...

Mo: Not very attractive, are they?

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (5:36 PM) : 

French Toast- good stuff!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Eggceptional egg facts. I enjoyed your post.

re: 3 - Do you know what hen lays GREEN eggs? I`m actually serious here. I used to have chickens that laid green eggs. There are two breeds that do lay green to blue eggs. Research it, haha.

re: 4 - I`ve many times (having had loads of eggs from my chickens) eggcidentally dropped eggs and broke them. I found that the easiest way to clean it up is call the dog. Not only does she clean up the egg, but she washes the floor where the egg was too. LOL.


Happy Manic Easter Monday.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Buf: They were YUMMY!

Alice: Thank you... Green eggs? with ham? Mexican hens! How odd!

Yup, dogs will clean just about anything up!

Thanks for stopping by...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Happy MM!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Travis: you too...

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (11:18 PM) : 

When you have bacon and eggs, know that the pig was commited, but the chicken was just envolved.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:31 AM) : 

Jeff:one always gives more than the other LOL

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I've seen more chicken earlobes than you can shake a stick at! LOL Some of these facts I knew...some I didn't. Always good to learn! :)

 

post a comment