Anndi's Luggage: exposure...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, March 28, 2008

exposure...

I'm bored.

I'm stuck at home, I'm achy (oh.. good news, my fever broke - I think)...

My mind feels fuzzy because I keep walking up at 2 am and then I can't get back to sleep until about 5.
I tried reading, since it usually puts me to sleep - but to no avail.

Oh... know what the word of the day is?

I didn't either until I looked it up on Dictionary.com.

Our hot water pressure is low... wonder how I can fix that without calling a plumber and exposing myself to his exposed crack...



While on the topic of pressure and being exposed to nastiness, today marks the 29th anniversary of the Three-Mile-Island nuclear accident on Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River...

March 28th, 1979. What started out as a mechanical or electrical problem, was compounded by critical instrumentation failure, procedural errors - many caused by gaps in training (especially in proper emergency response) and operator information overload, failures to communicate and finally stopped short of a catastrophe... total meltdown and the subsequent "China Syndrome".. Aha! That's the movie I should watch this weekend!

If you like science shows, and reports on technology, and you want to learn about this major hiccup, I strongly encourage you (if you have 45 minutes) to watch this... "Modern Marvels - Inviting Disaster 1, Three Mile Island" (2003) as shown on The History Channel.

If you're bored (like me)... and/or curious (like me and my Chicklet)... check this site out. You can also visit the PBS site if you want to get some learning materials for kids. My Chicklet is now 10 (I was 9 and a half when it happened), and they're learning about energy at school, specifically electricity. But, the other day she gave me the skinny on what she thought of nuclear (and she can pronounce it correctly too) energy. That child is too smart for my own good...


Oh... the word of the day:

hullabaloo
\HUL-uh-buh-loo\,
noun: A confused noise; uproar; tumult.

Three-Mile-Island caused one of those... yup.


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "exposure..."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Scary to think how close we came - and still do come - to things like that.

More chocolate ice cream?

 

post a comment