Anndi's Luggage: tap... tap... tap... is this thing on?
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, January 13, 2008

tap... tap... tap... is this thing on?








Yes... I'm still alive.

No... I didn't end up in Mimi's dungeon.


I've run away and joined a rock band named GLIDER and I've been recording an album with them in Marakesh.






ok..ok..

Truth is, I was tagged my Mimi, The Queen of Memes with The Band Meme and I hate the dungeon. The trolls keep losing the "guests'" luggage (well, that's what they say but I just think they steal our shoes and prance around in them) and I'm quite fond of my luggage (and shoes). I heard of unspeakable things they've done to previous "guests" as well. Besides, the dampness of the dungeon makes my hair frizz and I look horrendous wearing rollers, so... I decided to play along.

If you want to play this and Mimi hasn't already tagged you... I doubt that's possible - she went tag nuts err.. I mean, she generously shared the assignment with everyone she could think of.

Here's how it works:

The Band Meme

The premise is that you're about to release an album cause you're in a Rock'n'Roll band and in order to come up with your CD cover you go to:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

The first article title on the page is the name of your band.


2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3

The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.


3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/

The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.


Then...

4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result on your blog and leave a link to it in the comments of this post.

I had fun fiddling with this stuff... The full quote I ended up with was:

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

I like this quote.

I've done one for Chicklet who has been, for the last 2 days, fiddling with the keyboard she got for Christmas. (You see, when I was a kid, I wanted a keyboard and I ended up with a Hammond organ... sheesh! So, I gave Chicklet a keyboard for Christmas.)

What came out was ominous...




I see a punk band in her future...

Monothematic Delusions is a solid punk rock band name... don't you agree? You better... or she'll find you and do unspeakable things to your most prized possessions with glitter and hot pink paint.

So, where have I really been since the 28th of December?

I spent the last days of 2007 and the first days of 2008 with 'the one'.







And I hunted for lizards for a boy who has captured my heart.



On my return flight, my luggage took a trip of it's own and it lead me to meet the luggage fairy (don't ask, but he -yes he- did explain a few things).

And since going back to work, I've been having computer difficulties which has limited my access to the net, and, to borrow an expression from my friend Meri, that "sucks donkey dong". Most of the time I have had online has been used to check on e-mails and donate rice...

Yup.. it's still going strong at 14,056,707,390 grains of rice so far.

I hope your New Year brings you what your heart desires, and the motivation to reach for your dreams. Dream of things that never were... Go for it!

I'll try and catch up soon. Now you'll have to excuse me... I'm off to install a troll detection system in my shoe closet.



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "tap... tap... tap... is this thing on?"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5:04 PM) : 

I declare I have missed you Sweet Ann! Welcome back!

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Yahoooooo!!!

Welcome back Anndi. I can now call off the search dogs.

And true to form, your pimping rice on your first day back. Like that's a big surprise.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Julie: But we e-mail every day?!!! LOL! smooch!

Jeff: I missed you sweets! Nice to see a friendly face again. HUGS

 

Blogger RW said ... (9:09 PM) : 

You been busy! Lol love you record album! It's good to see you! Welcome home!!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (10:49 PM) : 

For the record, I would never put Chicklet in the dungeon even if she dodged a meme....the cute little thing. I love her album and I think she'll make a fine punk rocker. "Ungrateful to these teachers???"" Too much.

And I love the troll mini dungeon. How did you know my torture chamber looks like that? Have Guido and Bruno been sending pics to you? I told them to stop that!

Love your cereal pic and the curlers. It's so NOT you! But entertaining nonetheless.

Thanks for playing. This was a fun meme and I've had a ball with it this weekend. You shall see these again tomorrow on my blog on Monday Mimisms with a link back here.
I love it!

Yes, I went tag crazy.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:35 PM) : 

Well my continuous visits to the land of the luggage seems to have paid off...

I find you joining a new band... trolls being roasted like missionaries and now begin to wonder if you knew Gene Simmons about 10 years ago... that is some tongue on Chicklet...hehehehe

excellent band memes...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Roger: Yup! Glad you like it, will you be my roadie? LOL Thanks for the welcome back dear.

Mimi: HA! But you'd think nothing of throwing me to the trolls eh??!
She'll be big someday, not sure what her claim to fame will be but she'll do something amazing.
I'm not really a cereal person LOL! It was fun.. loved playing with the pics to turn them into album covers! Thanks for the tag dear Queen.

Bond: Um.. the trolls are doing the roasting, but they get into my shoe closet and I'll put them on a spit and roast em.
The tongue does NOT come from Gene.. sheesh... he's way to old for me. He's in his 50s for Pete's sake.. ;)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Leighann: *giggles* lady? ha!! Thanks, nice to be back, although it may be sporadic.

I've seen the trolls, as lazy as I am, I love my shoes too much to have them stretched by gnarly-toed trolls with fungus.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (5:22 PM) : 

That little one with the curls? Too cute!

Welcome back, sweet Ann. Hope you had an amazing holiday season.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:08 PM) : 

I love this meme. I've got mine all set to post.

But punk? Really? I've gotten too old for punk music...it hurts my ears. But I promise I will buy 10 copies and play them all at full volume until my ears bleed.

And that little boy is just too dang cute!

 

Blogger RW said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Sure I would be your roadie! My nickname could be Three'Day Underwear lol!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:49 AM) : 

Songbird: He slays me with his grin.. and the curls are so soft. Thanks dear friend, it was glorious!

Travis: Can't wait to see it. I had a lot of fun with it.

Well, it looks like it should be a punk band... I'll tell her you're in for 10.

yes.. he is... *sigh*

Roger: Well, at least now we know you wear em... LOL!

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Fab album covers! Mimi tagged me too :#

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:09 PM) : 

I know who's been stealing your shoes. His name starts with a "B" and ends with a "ond". Hehe!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 PM) : 

I'm doing something kinda crazy and doing some band-hopping *oh joy* It's also nice that I get to make a little linky love too while I'm at it. There is hope, after all, that my technorati will reach 500 before the year 2020.

You are hilarious, btw! Loved this post *grinning* Have a gr8 weekend and stop by if ya like. Mine's posted here: The Band Meme. *smoochies* (a/k/a Rhonda)

 

post a comment