Anndi's Luggage: So this is Christmas...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, December 24, 2007

So this is Christmas...

Hey everyone,



As today is Christmas Eve, I have to say thank you to all who’ve managed to make it through my Crusade to Feed the World. It almost felt like The Spanish Inquisition… but since I suppose you’ve come to expect me to include it in some subtle and not-so-subtle ways in every post since it began, guess it didn’t quite turn out like the Spanish Inquisition.

The day my dear friend Vince decided to bestow a Christmas Spirit award on yours truly I had started writing a post about Free Rice. His gracious gift brought about a different twist on the post.

You’ve all been kind and supportive and I must say, Christmas came early for me when I saw how many friends joined in promoting such a simple and easy way to make a difference and how many of you were playing. We’re at 11,239,338,070 grains and you guys rock!



When I lost Mom in January, I started thinking about the firsts I would be faced with.

You’ve all made this first Christmas without her easier… you’ve helped give me focus and the knowledge that the world goes on and that it’s a good place filled with most excellent people.

My best wishes, and those of The Chicklet go out to the awesome folks in the blogosphere…

For the kiddies out there, don’t forget to track Santa’s progress with the folks at NORAD!


Last I checked, he’d begun his trip and was in Russia, and he had eaten close to 1 000 000 000 cookies… I was told by a source in the know that Santa will gratefully accept donations made to Freerice on his behalf.

My best bud Vince had all y’all play a little game last week, and we had fun listening to some of the versions of Christmas Classics he put up (although some of the choices made us want to toss the Christmas cookies)

Here’s some tuneage from The Luggage…

Rock on babies…



Vince had folks pick a favourite version of this song… We would have loved to find this version, the definitive one, on The Couch jukebox.





This one’s my Christmas present to Matt… enjoy buddy!





Think they go well with RICE?

For those of you traveling, be safe and be mindful of those who haven’t received the gift of common sense and are out driving impaired.

Merry Christmas to all…



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments on "So this is Christmas..."

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Thank you so very much. It's still a day away and yet all of my Christmas wishes have come true. Death to the Squirrels!! Have a safe and merry Christmas hot stuff. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Merry, Merry Christmas to you and The Chicklet, Anndi. I hope you get to spend some time with your Dad.

Peace to you this first time without your maman. I'm sure she's smiling down on you.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12:11 PM) : 

So much love this Christmas, doll...

Thanks to Free Rice, my Matthew has gained quite the vocabulary...LOL.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12:22 PM) : 

It will be different my dear...just feel the hugs real and cyber. They are everywhere!

Love ya and Merry Christmas!

**hugs**

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (1:09 PM) : 

You are a living example of "Give a little, get alot.." Merry Christmas to you and your Chicklet!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Matty: Anything to make my favourite bagwineman happy! Have a great Christmas Eve with Schmoop and that gorgeous boy of yours!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Songbird: Thanks luv... We'll most likely be having lunch with dad before Chicklet goes off with her Dad.

Have a Happy Christmas dear one.

Kyra: We have a lovefest going on don't we? Your Matthew and my Chicklet... what a pair they would be!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Sweet Julie: Looking forward to the day when I get to give you a real in person hug!

SMOOCH!

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

Buffalodickdy: and it feels great! Merry Christmas to you too!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:19 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Charles Gramlich said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Merry Christmas.

 

Blogger Clay Lowe said ... (5:27 PM) : 

Merry Christmas my sweet.

Love,
Clay

 

Blogger RW said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Merry
christmas Anndi!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Charles: And to you, your lovely bride and family!
HUGS!

Clay: Merry Christmas darlin'!
SMOOCH!

Roger:Merry Christmas dear friend! One more sleep til your birthday and "The Cake" ;)
SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Merry Christmas, my sweet and precious friend with her sweet and precious Chicklet!

(Can you believe it's been almost two years since we first saw that gray haired guy...?)

 

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Anndi-

Wishing you and your family the best this Christmas! Merry Merry!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12:36 PM) : 

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH

The Jimmy Durante almost made it...not sure why he did not...I had him uploaded to lifelogger...guess he got lost in the shuffle..
heehehehhehehe chipmunks are almost like squirrels and they would go quite nicely with RICE...
I wish you and Chicklet all the joys you deserve and hope you luggage travels safely for New Years...you know I wish your destination was different and we could have spent it together, but also know your need for a quiet loving one this year.

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Merry Christmas darling!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and your family ♥

 

Blogger RW said ... (10:43 PM) : 

"WOOHOO" Anndi cake!! :D

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (5:50 AM) : 

Hope your Christmas is everything you were hoping for. x

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7:25 AM) : 

Happy Boxing Day you crazy Canadien you....Cheers!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Happy Boxing Day--I thought for certain I'd also left a Merry Christmas as well SMOOCH

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Happy Boxing Day!

 

post a comment