Anndi's Luggage: Happy birthday Mom
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy birthday Mom






Today is my mother's birthday.


It's the first one we celebrate without her.

My mother was a giving person, she worked for Franciscan monks and managed their affairs for about 30 years. During that time she worked with them in their charitable endeavours.
I remember spending time in the kitchen at the monastery with Mom and brother Rene who was tireless in his efforts to feed the poor in our town. Around the holidays, they would gather donations from local supermarkets and citizens and we would make Christmas packages for as many families as we could. There was a lot... but we always could have used more.


I learned a great deal from Mom and brother Rene... hopefully I'll pass it on to my Chicklet. This year, as I did last year and for the past few years, the small Christmas gift my company gave all employees will be used to buy a complete Christmas dinner for a family in need and a few other supplies. As much as I need the extra cash, my pantry is full... and so is my heart.


So, in memory of my mother and brother Rene I ask that you give. All it'll cost is a few minutes on Freerice. If you can afford to, think about your local food banks, drop off a new toy or a book for a needy child, spread Christmas spirit... smile at the people you meet.



Je t'aime Maman... Merci pour tout.





Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Happy birthday Mom"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (8:03 AM) : 

Happy B-Day to your Mom, and I'll be ricin' for a few sometime today. Cheers Anndi!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:04 AM) : 

**snuggles up with Ann and her box of tissues**

At least it's early and I haven't put my makeup on yet.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Happy Birthday Maman...

You know that you did a most magnificent job raising a daughter who has a heart as large as any I have known.

My dear friend, I know how difficult the next few weeks will be for you and you know that I am here to talk anytime, for anything, anywhere...

Now after a sleep, I am not sure why, but my eyes seem so tired =]

Beautiful...

There is no way the loving Chicklet will not continue on the traditions set by Mom and enhanced by you...

(OH, American editors note: here we would have said Brother Renee - capitalizing the B...maybe it is different up there, maybe not - hehehe)

The song....perfect...

HUGE HUG..Merry Christmas my incredible friend.

 

Blogger RW said ... (8:32 AM) : 

This is a nice tribute for your mother Anndi! Have a great weekend :D

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Beautiful tribute to your mom on her birthday. *hugs*

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (10:04 AM) : 

You clearly realize what she was about, and have certainly picked up her giving nature. You see, she still is here-in you...

 

Blogger OBLadyBug said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Beautiful tribute for your mother. You exemplify the the true meaning of Christmas. Merry Christmas Anndi.

 

Blogger Jeff B said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I'm certain that your mom is looking at you from above with a great big smile. Merry Christmas to you and Happy Bithday to your mom.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11:32 AM) : 

You and Chicklet are a beautiful and eternal tribute to the wonderful person who was your mother.

Love ya.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Your mother was all heart...just like you! Hugs, my friend.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Happy Birthday, Mama ... Anndi, il est clair lorsque vous récupérez votre extraordinaire beauté de l'. Vous regardez juste comme elle. Elle a une jolie sourire chaleureux et lumineux, sympathique yeux ... Comme vous. Hugs aujourd'hui, un ami.

 

Blogger Charles Gramlich said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Condolences on the loss of your mother. She sounds like a wonderful person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Hugs to you and the Chicklet and what a wonderful message you are sending. I am sure hyour Mom would be proud!
Love ya, Robin

 

Blogger Bud Weiser, WTIT said ... (7:19 PM) : 

A very Happy Birthday to your Mom, and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Missing loved ones is very tough. You make your mother proud, Ann, with the woman you are and the mother you have become.

Find peace in that.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:18 PM) : 

She is absolutely beautiful and she raised one heck of a girl.

Hugs and kisses to my precious friend.

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (6:19 AM) : 

Happy Birthday to your Mum, she sounds like she was a wonderful lady. x

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Matty: Thank you my friend. SMOOCH

Julie: You give some of the best snuggles... I'm blessed to know you.

Vince: Through everything, you've been my rock and I will be forever grateful to my dear friend. I'll be sure and tell Chicklet Uncle Vinny loves her very much.

Be safe on your trip... Much much love dear... Merry Christmas!

Roger: Thank you sweetie, it wrote itself. Have a fandamntastic weekend yourself! I'll be spending mine with my girl looking for X-mas jammies LOL!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:34 AM) : 

Busy: Thank you my hoochie sister. I miss you. Love and hugs...

Buffalodickdy: Thanks for the compliment... I just hope I can carry on her work. I know she's with me.

Obladybug: Thank you my new friend. I have to, for my Chicklet's sake. Merry Christmas to you and the boys. HUGS

Jeff: Thank you sweetie! I have big shoes to fill... but like your father taught you so much, so did my mother. The trick is in appplying it to what we do. HUGS

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Travis: Having a great bro to go to when I need to bounce things around helps. We love you too.

Meribah: Yes she was... you know your own kind don't you?! Thank you my dear friend... through the silliness you always manage to bring such insight and support. I thank God everyday for putting such a wonderful puppy in my path. HUGS

Kyra: Someday, I'm going to meet you and give you the biggest hug ever. Merci ma belle!

Charles: Thank you dear... she was.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Robin: You and Wayne have always been such wonderful friends... I don't get to chat often, but I'll try and stop in more often. Going to have to find a way to see you two again.. needs me some Wayne and Robin hugs! Much love to you both.

Bud: Thanks my friend! And to you and yours, I wish a peaceful and joyous Christmas.

Songbird: Thanks you. Your unwavering faith and kindness always reminds me of her... She would have liked you a lot. As do I.
HUGS


Dana, my precious friend: You too are a lot like Mom... kind, making people laugh, loyal... Thank you for blessing me with your presence in my life. I knew from the very beginning on the boards that you were a kindred spirit.

Love you my sweet and precious friend.

Akelamalu: Thank you, she was indeed.

 

Blogger none said ... (8:58 PM) : 

A very nice tribute to mom.

I hope you have good Christmas.

 

Blogger RW said ... (1:37 AM) : 

What kind of Jammies? Onesies lol! Please take a photo ;D

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (8:30 AM) : 

She gave the world a most wonderful gift Angelbaby---and that is you. Her legacy of giving continues through you and the Chicklet and will live on.

I love you

Smooch

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Hammer: Thank you... and a Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Roger: LOL no onesies, although I tried to get those for Chicklet and she wasn't having any part of it. Of course I'll take pictures and they'll be posted!

Turnbaby: Thanks babe! Love you too my Hoochie sister...
I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Alabama.

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Akelamalu said ... (6:55 AM) : 

Just popped over to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, may they be everything you're hoping for.

Much Love and Reiki Blessings
Akelamalu
x

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Anndi - Happy birthday to your mother and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. What a wonderful tribute to her. The resemblance between you is striking.
And of course, you both have hearts as big as Texas.

Love to you and Chicklet!

Mimi

 

post a comment