Anndi's Luggage: "Venimus, vidimus, vicimus." .. we have returned!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Venimus, vidimus, vicimus." .. we have returned!

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

It was a whirlwind trip and there is much to tell, but I know many are awaiting anxiously, with baited breath (get the worms out of your mouth, we don't like those! ewwwww!!! unless they're gummy worms, but not once you've chewed on them... ewwwwwwww!) to hear of the "Taylor Experience" (my fourth installment and the Chicklet's third!).


Chicklet and I headed off on our road trip to see Taylor Hicks in Watertown NY on the day before the concert. We stopped on our way to buy ourselves a copy of his book. I wanted something to read as I sat on the sundeck and caught a few rays... I debated bringing it to the concert to see if I could get him to sign it and chose to bring a CD instead - I was not lugging a huge purse to this.

We made great time, the customs agent at the border between Ontario and NY State was sweet and I didn't even have to mention Vince's name (I think that may have actually gotten us in trouble... quite frankly).






We promised our Big Sis Dixie we'd share the Onion Video...


Here it is in all it's glory! (The squealing? The Chicklet LOL!!)





I'll post more (just needed to get this video out there for all y'all to enjoy!) including our encounter with the man himself (how I managed to keep my cool and not sound like a nut is beyond me), and the great new band (well, new to us) that we had the pleasure of meeting after their performance as the opening act for Taylor. We will be heading out to see them in concert as soon as we can. The Alternate Routes... you have to check them out! The most gracious and sweet guys, and talented beyond words!


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on ""Venimus, vidimus, vicimus." .. we have returned!"

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (12:38 PM) : 

So glad you returned safely and that you and Chicklet had a marvelous time. Thanks for sharing the video!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (3:25 PM) : 

:-( I can't see the video at work but will look watch it at home tonight. So glad you and my wonderfull niece had a great trip...

 

Blogger The Boy said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Glad you enjoyed it. So Taylor does good concert then?

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Onion wiggle OMFG

Oh My .....::THUD::

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Songbird: Thank you. No internet access for almost a week.. but I'm still alive!LOL

I'll have plenty of pictures and a very lovely story of our encounter with Taylor..

Dixie: Might be better you can't see it at work... SMOOCH! She and I had a blast!

The Boy: Thank you Sir, indeed he does!

Turnbaby: YUP! I can't believe I held the camera straight! That's dedication I tell you! LOL... did I mention he touched us?

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Yes, you DID happen to mention the fact that he touched you...and that you've seen the man in concert four times...but I'm not bitter...no I'm not....**Tries to cover up the nice shade of green she's turned from envy** :P

 

Blogger Dan said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Welcome back Anndi! Taylor who?? Just teasing. I know he's the linebacker for the NY Giants. Isn't he? :)

Ausable! How was Ausable!

Most importantly, I missed you!!! xoxo

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7:18 PM) : 

*THUD*

**desperately tries to hit replay from the floor**

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:28 PM) : 

You know, I do believe he did that Onion wiggle on purpose.

Missed you bunches!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I just realized that You Send Me was on that clip string - the magic comment from Simon.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:31 PM) : 

So happy you are back and safe...I know that circle dance...bwahahahahaahahahahahaaha

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Taylor this, Hicks that, I want some good juicy details!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Congratulations! You have touched people with your writing. You are a blue-ribbon blogger!

YOUR BADGE: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa43/theblogfairy/blueribbonblogger2.jpg

P.S. All the faeries have crushes on Mr. Hicks. You've just caused me to shoot my entire load of magic dust here on your blog. I'll need a week off now ... oh my!

Francesca

 

post a comment