Anndi's Luggage: Memories...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Memories...

Elvis Aaron Presley




January 8,1935 - August 16, 1977




I have no words really...


I was 7. My best friend and I had been playing hopscotch and we ran into her house giggling. We were looking for her mom to ask her for popsicles (it was hot). We found her sitting in the kitchen, she was crying.

This was playing on the radio.






All the radio announcer could muster was : "Le King est mort".



Love you all more than my luggage!

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Memories..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Sweet friend... A HUGE HUG today for you....

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I was more upset when I heard that the Spice Girls are reuniting. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Beautiful picture. I've always loved that Elvis.

HUGS. I don't remember where I was when it was announced (I was 3).

But I grew up on his music and loved him from the start.

 

Blogger The Ferryman said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I have always loved Elvis, and this has always been a bittersweet day for me.

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (5:30 PM) : 

a lovely memory Anndi girl

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Le King est mort.... so sad :-(

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:15 PM) : 

Very nice tribute.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I don't remember his death, but my mom thought it important enough to mention it in my baby book.

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (10:31 PM) : 

OMG Anndi that is eerie. I was 7 too and I was over at a friends making a haunted house in her basement. We had one of those sound effects records on and thought her mom's screaming was the record. I will never forget that. They had a black wreath on the door for a month after his death.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:15 PM) : 

Bondbaby: Thank you.. I needed that! HUGS

Matt-man: go stuff a banana up your nose... ;p

Angell: That's my favourite Elvis... *sigh*

Mr Fabby: I know, it hit me real hard this year...

Sparky: Unfortunately on days like today I kind of wish it wasn't so vivid.. thanks dear.

Kyra: Grown men getting choked up on the radio.. real sad indeed :(

Travis: Thanks.

Dana: I knew even then something major had happened.

Starrlight: I remember how devastated she was... there are days like that one you never forget.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I was only a baby then so, of course, I don't remember it, but songs like this one shows what a truly great talent was lost that day. Hugs.

 

post a comment