Anndi's Luggage: Canada en blues…
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Canada en blues…


Oh my... Canadian Blues...

I believe Dave was asking me about Canadian Blues artists. Sure hope I didn't read you wrong… I’m featuring three amazing contemporary Canadian Blues artists.. Colin James, Jeff Healy and Sue Foley.

I’ve posted about Colin before… So beg your pardon if I don’t go over his career for you.. but I will give you some tunes.. Any excuse to share his music.




Tin Pan Alley
By Colin James
BestAudioCodes.com




We’ve all felt like this at one time or another in our lives… I know I have.

“Why’d you lie”






Jeff Healy.. What to say...

Most people got their first look and listen to this amazingly talented man in the forgettable Patrick Swayze flick Roadhouse Blues.

Jeff was blinded after a bout with cancer at the tender age of one. It didn’t stop him from picking up his first guitar at the age on 3, over a few years developed his patented method of playing the guitar, flat on his lap, and by the age of 6 was performing out in public. He has been regarded as a prodigy.


He has shared the stage with greats Stevie Ray Vaughn and BB King.

Here are a few samples of Jeff Healy in action






Little Sister with Stevie Ray Vaughn...




Dave, you mentioned the guitar God Eric Clapton…

Here’s Jeff and his version of My Guitar Gently Weeps, one of the most beautiful songs ever written by the deeply missed George Harrison.


Sue Foley



Must include a lady on this post… Meet Sue Foley, a Texas style blues artist. She’s been singing, playing guitar and performing for over 20 years now.


Love Comin' Down
By Sue Foley
BestAudioCodes.com


How Strong
By Sue Foley
BestAudioCodes.com







Mediterranean Breakfast
By Sue Foley
BestAudioCodes.com


Hope you enjoyed listening, I had a tremendous time going through songs...


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Canada en blues…"

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Have always like Jeff ... and yes, the movie is the first time he came to my attention.. but I went looking for him afterward...

Thanks for sharing some foreigners with us Americans...

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Kiss

 

Blogger Angell said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Anndi - LOVE Jeff & Colin - super YUMMY. I've seen them both in concert - they're both shorter than they look on TV LOL.

SIGH - yes, still thinking about Mr James. And thanks for Sue - never heard of her, but will be looking for her stuff. :D

SMOOCHES

 

Blogger Dave said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Thanks Anndi,

I'm going to have to listen at the office where I have decent speakers.

By the way, you're right about "My Guitar Gently Weeps."

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Bond

Jeff's wonderful... He was the bright spot in that cinematographic mess.

It's my pleasure to broaden your horizons dear!

Is that an American kiss? ;-)

Bisous

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Angell sweetie!

Yummy.. indeed!

You're welcome hon... she's quite good!

SMOOCHES and RUBS!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Dave

My pleasure... It really was a joy to pull out some CDs and have a listen again.

It is isn't it?

Thanks for asking about Canadian Blues... I love sharing these artists..

You should visit the Montreal Jazz Fest.. so many amazing artists from all over.... and the atmosphere on the streets with all the free concerts is outstanding.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Great music darlin! I saw a lot of blank space - maybe videos that for some reason I can't see right now?

I'll come back later and see if the gremlins are down for their nap.

 

Blogger Dave said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Again, thanks Anndi. Never been to Montreal. Loved Toreonto years ago when I visited.

Also, I'm not much for crowds. Is there somewhere at the festival where you can be of it, but not in it?

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Yum Oh --really good stuff and I loves me some blues--thanks for diggin them out.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Yup yup yup!

Great seeing some Jeff Healy. Thanks!

 

post a comment