Anndi's Luggage: I think I'm here.. Manic Monday - yellow edition
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, February 26, 2007

I think I'm here.. Manic Monday - yellow edition



Well, it’s official… I no longer have a little girl.





Morgen.. hope you don't mind sharing! LOL


My child has morphed into the mythical mysterious creature that is ….

**cue sinister music **(or boy band music.. just as sinister.. even scarier… like, say Boyzone for instance… very scary)


… a ‘tween’… Lord help me!





If you actually sat throught the whole video... I apologize... Bwahahahahahaha!

Oh Travis.. dude!




Yesterday, I sat on the loveseat in my ex-mother-in-law’s living room, watching as my daughter The Chicklet coddled her younger cousins at her 9th birthday party.

She’s growing up.

I still remember the day I brought her home from the hospital and took her into her bedroom for the very first time. Not that she actually slept there in the beginning… but that’s another story.

Because we hadn’t wanted to know if the baby was a boy or a girl… wait, I feel the need to correct that statement…

I wanted to know that it WAS either a boy or a girl.. just not which specifically of the two!

Alright, I can go on now. Where was I? Ah yes…

Because we hadn’t wanted to know the sex of the little invader that had taken up residence in my stomach, seemed keen on using my bladder for a Yoga Ball, felt the inner décor would be greatly improved if my rib was way up there instead, and had taken over my taste buds (Italian sausage had become my mortal enemy and green apples made me salivate), we (not the royal mommy married we), my ex and I, had decorated the nursery with a lot of yellow. It was a bright and cheerful room, with a lovely old fashioned wood rocking chair and the greatest invention since the clapper.. a deluxe diaper genie! Nothing equals the stench of a breast-fed baby’s yellow poopy diaper… the diaper genie was my new best friend!

And now, as she is 9 years old and I’ve managed to put off redecorating her room other than buying new furniture and bedding, I will.. with great sadness.. be forced to remove the white and yellow striped wallpaper and paint her room in a tween approved hue of some form of girlie pastel (most likely blush or lavender) before the official teen years and she wants her room painted black or dark blue or red….

Ok.. it really has nothing to do with any sentimentality… I hate the thought of tackling that damned wall paper… the walls are PLASTER!! Do you have any idea what a pain it is to remove wall paper from plaster? With two crazy dogs hanging around and trying to steal the wall paper as you peel it off? It’s enough to make you want to pack up and move…

I’m fortunate. I have a healthy, vibrant
(yellow is vibrant) child who still loves to cuddle and actually actively seeks out hugs and kisses. She and I are both healthy. And, I get along very well with my ex and my former in-laws. When a child is involved, it feels like you become inextricably linked to the people who have, in some way, contributed to the history and genetic makeup of your child. Not everyone is this fortunate though... and I'm well aware of that.

My ex mother-in-law knew that I couldn’t bear to throw a celebration for my daughter’s birthday this year at the house… so she organized one as only a grandmother can. That woman has been in my life somehow for close to twenty years and knows the pain of losing a mother. Next week my daughter gets to spend some time with her, and it brings me some peace to know she still has a grandmother she can be close to.

I’ve been remiss in my blogging in the past week. I’ve had a terrible time at work- an employee’s career possibly resting in my hands. That coupled with the knowledge that my daughter would celebrate her first birthday without Mom... both these facts were weighing heavily on my heart.


By the grace of God and the support of a two very special people, I’m back to myself again. Yup.. you’re in for it now folks…


Love you all more than my luggage!

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "I think I'm here.. Manic Monday - yellow edition"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Mine turned 11...she's at the age where she'll hang on me one minute and ignore me the next.

Welcome to tweenhood!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:05 PM) : 

ah those golden years when they still want and need you....very shortly she will be 18 and away at school and calling.....for money! LOL

enjoy it my dear friend

SMOOCH Love ya

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:33 PM) : 

My dear friend.. I came back again because I only responded to half of your post and the other half is a difficult subject for me to discuss.

I am one of the lucky ones. My mom and dad are still alive and thankfully in relatively good health.

I can not imagine the pain and lonliness that must occur when you have to celebrate a special day for the first time without a parent.

Of course that pain never goes away, but I have been told by friends that the first instance is always the most difficult.

There is no way I can help to ease your sorrow other then to offer my hand and heart in comfort.

Love you...Kiss

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11:15 PM) : 

My baby girl just turned 11 years old this past Friday. Her birthday party was yesterday/Sunday, and it shocked me how "'tween" she really is - gifts included not only cute stuffed animals but also a new purse and a make up organizer complete with "glitter" makeup!

Sigh...

I, too, am grateful that my daughter has a grandmother with which she can be close. This is the first birthday in her life that my in-laws did not make the trip out here for their winter visit, and we all miss them tremendously. This in addition to the fact that this Saturday is the 22nd anniversary of my mother's passing...

Double sigh.

My thoughts and prayers are with you sweet Anndi.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (2:18 AM) : 

I first heard that song from the actual musical.

No matter what they tell us
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach us
What we believe is true

No matter what they call us
However they attack
No matter where they take us
We'll find our own way back

I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know I'll love forever
I know, no matter what

If only tears were laughter
If only night was day
If only prayers were answered
Then we would hear God say

No matter what they tell you
No matter what they do
No matter what they teach you
What you believe is true

And I will keep you safe and strong
And sheltered from the storm
No matter where it's barren
A dream is being born

No matter who they follow
No matter where they lead
No matter how they judge us
I'll be everyone you need

No matter if the sun don't shine
Or if the skies are blue
No matter what the end is
My life began with you

I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know, I know
I know this love's forever
That's all that matters now
No matter what

Happy Birthday Alice.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Very heart moving post Ann. My baby girl will be *gulp* 20 years old in just a few weeks. My son is 22 today! Hang onto every moment sweetheart, it may not return.

I'm glad you returned...I was wondering about you. I did a post just for you last week. You'll know which one.

*hugs*

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Uh oh - Anndi - a tween???? Say it ain't so!! LOL. I don't have kids of my own, but I do have a cousin who is now 14. This is the year that is causing her parents all their grey hair...

It must be difficult without your mom. But you know she's always with you. And so does Alice.

Back to normal???? Uh oh....

*runs screaming for cover*

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Dana:
Thanks for the welcome... I may need to check in with you every once in a while.

Bond:
Ok.. so a part of me is secretly really looking forward to the day when she goes off to school.. oh God please let her go to school... but I love that hugs and closeness... and will take as much as she's willing to give!

Thank you for all the support you've given me... you're an exceptional friend.

Kisses and hugs.. Love you much.

Songbird:

Good to know I have a few moms out there I can look to. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.. and hugs to you.

Travis my sweet bro:

Love ya. She sure does love her Uncle Travis... You're a prince among men.

Julie:

Yay!! Happy Birthday to your boy.. wow.. and to think you had him when you were 12 *wink*

It's good to be back... I've missed you.

Angell!!!

Yup back to normal.. never thought you'd read those words in reference to me did ya? LMOO

Smoochies and gropes!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Such a nice post Angelbaby

Your chicklet is such a lucky girl to have you to guide her.

As always my thoughts are with you as you go through these next milestones.

love you sugar

smooch

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (6:19 PM) : 

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Happy birthday to your daughter x

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Arrrrgh! THE YELLOW!!! THE BRIGHT, BRIGHT YELLOW!!! Ooooooh, my poor eyeballs! Well, at least, you didn't do the whole post in that colour! LOL Anyway, Happy Birthday to your little girl from the puppy!

 

post a comment