Anndi's Luggage: Happy Birthday Morgen.. Manic Monday Minions Celebrate!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Morgen.. Manic Monday Minions Celebrate!


Welcome one and all to Morgen’s around the world birthday celebration EXTRAVAGANZA!

I thought long and hard.. what to do for the fearless leader of the crazy manic minions he has been inspired.

Plus, let’s face it any excuse to haul out the new and improved snazzy luggage.. and I’m a happy girl!


It was an extensive trip and I apologize for being so late but you try and cover so many countries is so little time.. I mean.. I must have lost the greatest part of my time explaining to Customs officials all around the world who this Morgen is and why he’s dressed like a pharaoh (the gold lame is FAHBULOUS DAHLING!)



So.. I got my luggage, my passport, my world map, a picture of Morgen, Fodor’s guide to the universe and a nice hat ( I decided against the pith helmet, it didn’t match my shoes).














Our trip begins in New Zealand, where after the birthday candles are lit, everyone gathers and sings the Happy Birthday song loudly and usually out of tune (look, I’ve only been there once it is NOT my fault! I hear Matt’s the one responsible). Once the singing is mercifully over, the birthday person then receives a clap on the back for every year they’ve been alive and of course one more for luck. 41 claps… hmmmm… This might take a while, but thankfully you have enough friends to go round Mo.
Kia huritau ki a koe! (in Maori)






I head off to the home of the BentoBoxx…Japan.. (um.. Morgen? A Samurai?)


Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!

Happy Birthday in Japanese... or so I'm told... actually it's that or your mother sat on a walrus...



Well, but of course, tradition says one must wear new clothes one one’s birthday! Ok..well, I know it applies mainly to kids, but Mo.. you are young at heart! ( An excuse to shop.. WOOOOHOOO!.. and who says new clothes says new shoes!) I'm not sold on the parasol...










We head off to Russia…
Ok.. I have an issue here.. PIE? See, it seems the Russians don’t have a birthday cake.. it’s a PIE!! With wishes carved on the crust! Knowing that this won’t do because Mo loves cake, I promptly grab a case of vodka and head off to my next destination…
Pazdravliayu s dniom razhdjenia! - again.. I think that's right.. but.. cabbie looked drunk...
I was secretly hoping Mikhail Barishnikov would be on the flight.. but alas…



Bello! Welcome to Italy…


Buon Compleanno!


Ah yes… now, as I was busy roaming the piazzas I encountered a lovely darling man who was so very helpful and offered to squire me around on his vespa… through my um.. adventures… I managed to do some research, and I found out that on their birthday, an Italian child’s ears are pulled (no this is not code for.. um.. never mind) I was saying, a child’s ears are pulled as many times as how old they are turning.
Ok.. I admit it.. this picture has nothing to do
with Italy.. but seriously.. Mo.. who cares!



I'll give you a moment to reflect...

*sigh*


Right... so.... where to next?



We hop on a river cruise... and cross the sea.. taking a trip to the Nile to visit Egypt (you didn't think I would forget to take you cruising in Egypt did you?)

In Egypt people invite many friends and family to their birthday parties, and will often serve two birthday cakes (makes up for the stupid Russian pie tradition!). One cake has candles while the other one doesn't.

A great deal of food is served such as cookies, sesame breads...









Eid milaad saeed! (In Arabic, I'm not even joking about this one...... nope.. nosiree!)

Homes are decorated with paper garlands called zeena that look like chains of snowflakes. These are hung all around the house.
(Hung? Hey what just walked out of the water?)







We board a flight across the Atlantic down towards South America for a stop in Peru where guests at a birthday party often receive two kinds of party favors. The first favor is a goody box or bag and the second is a pin made in honor of the event.
And there are almost always fancy paper hats (how attractive!).






You sir, receive a crown!

Feliz Cumpleaños!




And we take you back to North America.. where all your friends are gathered to wish you...
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY MORGEN!






Love you more than my New and Improved Luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!
Thanks Vince

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "Happy Birthday Morgen.. Manic Monday Minions Celebrate!"

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:22 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:25 PM) : 

OK, I know this was for MO, but I wanted to make the first comment.

Terrific post to break out the new luggage.

PIE???? PIE????

Ummm the guys.. my eyes! ACK

and the last video from my old home Grey Worldwide... funnnnnnny

Smooches .. sure MorgEn will love it

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Wow! Great new look darlin!

Going back now to read.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:44 PM) : 

Bond

Thank you so much Vince... I'm honoured you granted my request for a refurbishing. It's going to be a wonderful ride!

I know.. but I think I squeezed in enough "cake" to make up for it. Who knows, some guests might like cake!

Very special guests from way out there.. lol GREY... LOL

But that darned llama.... he got into the vodka!

SMOOCHES and GROPES and HUGS and RUBS!

Sure hope he does!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Terrific tribute for Mo!

I cannot ever go to Russia - no cake?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That's just totally unacceptable.

I really like the new luggage.

**smooch**

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Thanks Bro!

Frequent flyers now have an upgrade!

It's pretty nifty ain't it?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Hey Bro

Thank goodness for the vodka!

Smooch!

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Take me to Italy! waaaaaa!

Nice new template querida and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Morgen!

Much love
T

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Anndi:
LOVE the new luggage!
And THANK YOU for such a great post!
It is awesome!
Words cannot express how touched I am by bloggers like you, whom I've never met, who dedicated whole posts to me.
Thank you so much, it was one of the best birthdays of my entire life!
Cheers,
morgEn
:)

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Oh -- and PS:
I got a great kick out of the video. Those guys are too cute!
thanks!
mo

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Fabulous new luggage!!

Hmm--I think I need my passport stamped in Russia, Italy and Egypt

YUP

What a neat tribute.

Excellent as usual Angelbaby

Smooch

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Love the style of the new luggage little sis...

and now my head is spinning from that quick trip around the world... forget Around the World in 80 days... I just did it in 8 minutes flat...LMOO

SGHR

 

Blogger Durward Discussion said ... (2:13 PM) : 

What a great tribute to Mo and a delight for the rest of us viewers celebrating with him

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Wonderful celebrative tribute to Mo, sweetie!

I love the new luggage look =)

 

Blogger Dave said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Morgen, you're a lucky guy. Happy Birthday.

Anndi, having recently gotten a new computer with Vista, I thought it had hiccuped when I clicked on your site and it gave me the new more busy you. I'll get used to it.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Wow! Great place you have here Sweet Ann! I love it.

I'm not picky about cake or pie or pulling ears or someone's chain....Just get me outta here! I really need a vacation!

Hugs!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Turn

Isn't Vince just a doll! Thanks!

I'm thinking.. yup.. get the passport stamped.. LOL!

Had fun. learned a thing or two and oh my the 'cake'! LOL

HSGR

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Dixie sis!

Thanks honey!

Feel free to make return trips LOL

SGHR!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Jamie

Thank you. Glad you came to visit!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Sanni!!!

Had fun with this one!

Thanks for the template sweetie... it starts with you!

SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Dave

I'm a busy girl... LOL

Thanks for hanging in there sweetie... I appreciate your visits in the luggage compartment.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Julie honey girl!

Thanks sweetie.. Vince sure does know what he's doing.

Hop on, I'll take you for a whirl!

Smooches and hugs!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Tisha bella!

Grazie!

bisous

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Last but not least.. Morgen!

Awwwwwwwwww shucks... big smooch to you!

So glad you liked it honey.. All the love sent your way is a result of how nice and lovely you are.
It was my pleasure, I've quite a bit of fun with the Manic Monday...

Isn't the new luggage just mahvelous?! Lovin' the luggage!

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (8:45 PM) : 

ummm....damn...Italy....why that guy looks just like my husband! LOL! Great post, Anndi, sweetie! Love you!

 

post a comment