Anndi's Luggage: looking for love...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, February 12, 2007

looking for love...

Oh my lord....

This video is especially for Mimi and the participants of the Saturday Comeback Challenge... For those of you who aren't aware of this lovely fun competition please visit
Dating Profile of the Day... Mimi finds the funniest REAL personal adverts posted by clueless singles who hopefully will fail to add to the gene pool. Folks are asked to send in their snarky responses to the list of pitiful attempts at attracting the opposite sex... we assume.

These are what I envision as the video portion of her blog. Are these guys for real?






Get a load of the guy who'll stay up at night and watch you sleep.. OK.. he creeped me out big time! *shivers* He gave me the skeevies!


This is a skit.. I repeat.. this is a skit...







Meet Bobby... he knows...







Now... where DO people find love?









Lookin' For Love
Johnny Lee


I spent a lifetime lookin' for you
Single bars and good time lovers were never true
Playing a fools game, hopin' to win
Tellin' those sweet lies and losin' again.


Chorus
I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places
Lookin' for love in too many places
Searchin' her eyes, lookin' for traces
Of what I'm dreamin' of
Hoping to find a friend and a lover
I'll bless the day I discover,
You - lookin' for love.

I was alone then, no love in site
I did every thing I could to get me through the night
Don''t know where it started or where it might end
I'd turn to a stranger just like a friend.





I ask you dear reader,


What are people looking for exactly?
What kind of love?
What is love?
Will the kind of love they’re looking for influence where they look?
Can you actually go out search for love?
I mean, is it a quest?
Is it like trying to find The Holy Grail?
What IS the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?

Oops.. sorry ... wrong topic. It happens when I ask too many questions. I ask a lot of questions, kinda like a 6 year old…

So… I was saying…

I started to think I was getting entirely too much enjoyment from the first video. What if these poor souls really are looking for that “soulmate” so many people are convinced is out there… ok... I may be one of them… not the saps in the video!!!!… sheesh.. the soulmate proponents! I’ll admit to being a romantic but let me make this clear… it does NOT make me a softie! Travis... stop rolling your eyes... I am not neither.

“Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Travis is rolling his eyes at me!”

Oh, then I watched it again… I got over the guilt. I’m sorry, but I really don’t think these guys are looking for a soulmate. Which is why I had no qualms whatsoever laughing at the personal ads Frank picked for this week’s challenge over at Mimi’s.

I ask you dear reader, have you found love? Is it the deep and abiding love? The “Honey I love you even if you drool in your sleep” love? Hey, I challenge you to find someone who doesn’t drool in their sleep... and oh my is that spot on your pillow NASTY! Ok, bad choice. Is it the “I love you even though I hate the noise you make when you breathe” kind of love? Oh wait, that’s a couple I know… sorry.

I know! Is it the “I’ll sit and watch the chick flick and refrain all snarky comments, won’t look at the time, sigh and roll my eyes’” kind of love? Now admit it ladies… that’s LOVE!
Either that or he’s trying to get in your panties, or thong, or jeans cause you went commando that day. Look girls, you go commando… you have to expect that reaction. Like my mother always said: “They’re not made of wood dear… they have urges…”
(um.. mom… wood? *snarf* ... at this point I believe I would get a look that would make me retreat in fear).


I actually don’t expect y’all (Look ma, I can twang.. or was it tang? – the only way you’ll understand this comment is if you visit Mimi’s Saturday Comeback Challenge once the answers and winners are posted) to answer all these questions… And if you want to see this week's winner and my fellow participants.. please visit the ever gracious Judge Frank who it seems thought my response to that particular dating profile was funny *blushes*. Gotta love a fellow Canadian.

But, if you were going to answer one… is it a quest? Were you victorious? And what kind of love floats your boat?
(ok.. so, it’s a three-parter.. bite me!....... really… go on! Bite me…)


Oh yeah, I was trying to make a point the other day. Well yesterday, about love... As I was researching “all things love while writing this little exposé (what? You don’t know what I’ve got exposed… or do you? – checks out the window- hears a “woooooooohooooooo”.. damn I forgot about that!), I found a quote. I copied and pasted it but forgot to save where I found it… *blushes* I had a blonde moment, ok! Sheesh! Actually, it was my migraine’s fault… that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

It summed up my point so very well:


“Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you - to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by their presence, even when they are away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful little films in your head that you keep replaying. But near or far, you know they are yours, and you can wait.”


Yup… Like I was saying yesterday… Love … the true and abiding kind shared equally between two people won’t leave you “broken and wounded”, it’s not for a day… Don't get me wrong.. passion is the added ingredient that spices things up... But you need commitment and true intimacy, not just sex, for passion alone is infatuation... and THAT fades away.


"Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."" - Erich Fromm 1900-1980



Oh… and folks.. do check out The Dearest Doc’s actual first official Dr. Blogstein Radio Happy HourHe’ll make you laugh! He will engage you (Right Tisha? *wink*)! He may even have a roaming reporter from the UPSTAIRS JAZZ BAR AND GRILLE--THE FINEST IN MONTREAL NIGHTLIFE (not that he’s asked me to or ever commented here.. even though I’ve seen his lovely thumb hanging out in the sidebar… just sayin’…)

It’s a date folks! Tonight… 9 PM EST... on Blog Talk Radio! History in the making! Who knows, you might find your soulmate there - not to put any undue pressure on you Dearest Doc. But you better deliver darlin’!

Cool links to funny folks...

My fellow participants in the Saturday Comeback Challenge:

Mimi Lennox Your host and First time contestant

Ian Healy from EDog's Everything's Page

Bud Weiser from WTIT

Lyn from Last Minute Lyn's Life

Spinnerz from http://sp1nners.blogspot.com/

Limey from http://a-limey-in-lime-rock.blogspot.com/

Karen from http://reasonenough.blogspot.com/

Anyhow from http://anyhowblogs.blogspot.com

Uncle Artemus from http://uncleartemus.blogspot.com/

SGT DUB from http://sgtdub.blogspot.com/


Love you all more than my luggage (but what kind of love… hmmm)!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "looking for love..."

 

Blogger AtriaBooks said ... (3:55 PM) : 

oh my. I am honored to have been plugged in your luggage. Thank you, Anndi.

I am pumped and ready for tonight. You are correct, this will be radio history.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4:01 PM) : 

bwahahahahahahhahahahah

Hi ummmm my name is Vincent.. but you can call me Vince, but my friends call Me Vinny... though my online friends call me Bond.. but umm not like James Bond or anything and I well I live in New.. well, no I live in Memphis and I like music and cooking and fast women and hot cars, well not really hot cars, cause um, well I do like them but it isn't like I own one or anything and I like women, oh I said that, so I think you know me so if you umm want a good time ...well, I hope I can give you one but I do make me crack up so maybe I can make you crack up too, so that when we are both cracking up it will be fun because cracking up with someone is fun.

Is that enough?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Dearest Doc:

Be still my heart... You came! You Posted! You Rock!

You use a pump?

How does your Little Friend the Apparatus feel about this?

I'll be there with bells on dear.. whether or not I'll be wearing anything else is yet to be determined.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Vince

ROTFLMOO

Next time, look into the camera.

Now, about that crack...

*enters witness protection program*

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (7:43 PM) : 

That was a great post!! It was filled with so many funny things!!

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Cherie I am ready to "get engaged" with the Doc! Love you Anndi!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I'd just settle for a smile.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I'd like to thank my parents for their genes.

I'd like to thank my mom for teaching me something of women.

I'd like to thank my sister for giving me an appreciation of giggling.

I'd like to thank my grandmother for teaching me how to flirt. What? She did! Gram rocks!!

I'd like to thank the ladies of the Soul Patrol for being who you are and for putting up with my silliness.

And I'd like to thank my sweet lady, because she is everything.

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (9:25 PM) : 

heard you on Dr. B, sexy voice hot mama!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Ashley

Thanks sweetie... I had quite the chuckle when I was looking for them..

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Tisha Ma Belle

He is engaging isn't he?!

Bises mon coeur

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Dana

Never settle...

Know your worth!

Love you my precious friend!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:37 PM) : 

Travis

Thank you for being you my darling bro!

I love you (in that "you're my bro would you do the knee thingy" kinda love)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Tisha..

We have to keep him on his toes!

Thank you... sexy Tisha baby doll!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10:27 PM) : 

*spews the dew* buwhahahahahah that was one of the funniest post that I have read. Excllent work little little sis....

Oh by the way, I have always like that song you posted.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11:51 PM) : 

oh my! you left me roaring! those videos! SHEESH!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7:19 AM) : 

Your answers were a hoot! I love the 'tang' one and actually LOL'd on 'Tahiti' as well

SHGR

 

Blogger AtriaBooks said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Thank you for calling in last night. I love it when you whisper French things in my ear.

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (9:32 AM) : 

LMAO...those videos were too funny.
'Knock knock. Who's there? Trick or treat, sex." Bobby knows.
I really hope that first video wasn't real...if so, those men were very sad...and creepy.
BTW...Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (12:24 PM) : 

What are people looking for exactly?

A used 1991 white Pontiac Sunbird convertible. Same car I had in college. Ah, the memories!

What kind of love?

Well, enough to get through a Friday night and into Saturday morning. Anything beyond that is gravy.

What is love?

"♪...Baby don't hurt me, Baby don't hurt me...no more!" If your head was bobbin' sideways and the vision of Chris Kattan & Will Ferrell were in your head, you get it. :-)


Can you actually go out search for love?

Sure.

I mean, is it a quest?

Sure, if you can make sure she's not a cop.

Is it like trying to find The Holy Grail?

"Bring out your dead!" I'm sorry, what was the question again...?

(/silly, juvenile mood off)

No, I wasn't being cynical. Just being me. :-)

As for love itself...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. When it's workin', it's great. When it's not, it sucks worse than most anything.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Dixie hun...

Thank you, thank you very much

*bows and oops.. cleavage*

*blushes*

HSGR

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Julie

I know!

*wink*

Love ya!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Turnbaby

Thank you, thank you very much!

*bows again.. oops.. cleavage*

*grins*

HSGR

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Dearest Doc:

I heard you know.. You loooooooove me...

You want to KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS me...

LOL

Tout le plaisir fut pour moi mon cher docteur...

Have fun on that hot Valentine's Day first date baby..

Please tell me you didn't find her through a personals add, or *gulp* a video dating service!!!

I love you too dear...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Twyla

I don't know, but unfortunately I fear they were.. *shudders*

I got big ole brains

Dinosaur brains...


That one was priceless..

Smooch!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Jonathan

I love that you answer my questions... I do...

Please, be yourself! I love having you around... You made me laugh.. that's a very good thing.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. When it's workin', it's great. When it's not, it sucks worse than most anything.

I hear ya!

But remember... Always look on the bright side of life.

Big Kiss right on your forehead sweetie. Oh.. here, let me wipe the lipstick off...sorry! Although you do look good in red! ;-)

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Big Kiss right on your forehead sweetie. Oh.. here, let me wipe the lipstick off...sorry! Although you do look good in red! ;-)

Unless it's a lipstick mark on the top of my chrome dome, otherwise it looks like Gorbachev's cranial birthmark! :-D

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Jonathan

Unless it's a lipstick mark on the top of my chrome dome, otherwise it looks like Gorbachev's cranial birthmark! :-D

Ok then.. Big Kiss on the top of your shiny lovely head and one on your cheek (ain't saying which one though ;-p).

 

post a comment