Anndi's Luggage: Easy Sunday Listening
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Easy Sunday Listening

Sweet soul...
My featured artist for a lovely Sunday of easy listening is...
Amos Lee

I LOVE this guy. He's on my MP3 player, my car cd player, the cd player in my office and the one in the bathroom (GFC plug, far from the shower), my computer, I listen to him through the dvdv player on the big screen TV!.. you get my point, I've been listening to him all the time lately...

This singer songwriter from Philly brings a sensibility and a soulfulness to music that finds my spirit rejoicing. His sophomore album is a joy and delight. There's a soothing, easy quality to his voice and the simplicity that caracterizes his style let's the melodies and words reach out to the listener.




Maybe it's the flip side of an exhibitionist nature... but I love people watching and I especially love peering into people's windows as I walk down the street... getting a glance of the life they live within their walls...

Here's the single for his second album 'Supply and Demand'... 'Shout Out Loud'

It never fails to make me smile. Some people have interpreted it as a sad song.. I find it to be hopeful...




And as this beautiful song by the immensely talented Amos Lee reminds us... we have to reach out to one another... at least, that's what I make of it.

I wanna shout out
Shout out loud
Why don't you all
Just come on out
And we can
Tear it all down, yeah

Cause everybody's got a part in the game
And everybody's got a cross they can claim
And everybody's got somebody to blame
But we all must find our own way, yeah yeah


Have you ever wondered what that person walking past you has going on in his life? Have you been on the outside looking in? Have you shut yourself off from the rest of the world, waiting for someone to reach out?

Hold my hand ... Come ... Tear it all down ...

I found this live performance of a lovely song off the second album called "Sweetpea". The video quality leaves to be desired but you get a feel for the joy he brings to an audience, the intimacy of his live sets.


From his first album is this beautiful soulful number... I've been dreamin' myself...


Dreamin'
By Amos Lee
BestAudioCodes.com



Finally... this song speaks to me.. takes me deep within myself... makes me dream...
It too is from his self-titled debut album... and it's scrumptious. Yes.. I know.. I'm not following any order... I'm just going where the music takes me... You know, the way music is supposed to do...







*sigh*

Here's a performance clip that has me itching to see him live...



Hope you enjoyed this talented artist... he's found a place in my soul.

Love you all more than my luggage!

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Easy Sunday Listening"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Yup Sweet Ann...you nailed yet another gem! Way to go! Thanks for sharing.

*hugs*

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Good stuff.

I keep a little card in my wallet. On that card I write down music, movie, and book recommendations. Amos Lee goes on that card.

Thanks.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Sweet Julie

I'm happy to share what touches me with wonderful people like yourself. He deserves to be known. So glad you've enjoyed it.

*hugs back*

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Travis my bro

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I knew you'd enjoy him. returnng the favour.. you turned me on to Jamie Cullum and I owe you.

Bisous mon chou. Je t'aime fort!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:27 PM) : 

WOO!

Um...is he single?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Dana

It never occured to me.. LOL

I do know he used to be a teacher...

He is fine isn't he?!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:12 PM) : 

But it is supposed to be about the music bwahahahahahaha

and he makes some good music...
thanks for sharing...

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:22 PM) : 

and before it is misinterpreted.. THAT was a joke aimed at Dana's comment.. only a JOKE

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Vince...

It is.

His voice, his words... it makes him fine... a man who can lay down a track like "Arms of a Woman" with the feeling he puts into it..

*sigh*

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Yes I know it was Anndi my friend.. It was just a bit of a tease...

You know I have a hard time being serious sometimes.. but his music is excellent... no doubt...

now as far as being good looking... I will leave that to yourself and Dana

 

Blogger Gail said ... (11:10 PM) : 

LOOOOVVVEEE Amos Lee...

Sweet Amanda turned me on to him...he's an amazing performer.

XO

 

post a comment