Anndi's Luggage: What happens when I don't go to work.....
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, November 03, 2006

What happens when I don't go to work.....

It's no secret that I love the Family Guy, especially Stewie..this clip (I've not only attempted to embed but linked it here) has become the running gag in my house...
I'm home from work with the Chicklet. She has a fever, coughing, stuffy, chills and aches bug, and because she is SO generous, she shares it with me... I've washed my hands more times today than I care to count..




So in order to avoid what happens in that clip that has me howling everytime.. I gave her a F%?$*&?&$ bell to ring... Ugh..gotta go.. I hear bells.. great I've become classically conditioned.. I am now Pavlov's dog!


But before I do.....
Save a soldier, send in Stewie! Again.. not taking chances despite Vinny's advice and instructions... click here if embedding didn't work...


False alarm...the bell was caught up in her woobie...ok..I'm just thankful it's a cold bug and not a stomach bug.. or else this (click here if embedding doesn't work please... I love you Vince, but ...) is what the house might look like... if you do not find this funny.. go to the morgue, get autopsied and embalmed..you are officially deceased... (that, or you have NO sense of humour whatsoever)





If you know me even one bit, you will know that I LOVE my Montreal Canadians... Be warned.... I REALLY LOVE HOCKEY....


Go Habs, Go!
I was brought up on it, and I stand by them, good year (and there have been many) or bad year. I am a Habs fan... and proud of it. There was nothing like attending a home game back in the days of the Montreal Forum. You could feel the history. Players like (and in no particular order) Toe Blake, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Jacques Plante, Elmer Locke, Doug Harvey, Dickie Moore, Jean Béliveau, Yvan Cournoyer, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Howie Morenz, our beloved Maurice 'The Rocket' Richard, Henri Richard, Steve Shutt, Guy 'Le Démon Blond' Lafleur, Guy Carbonneau, Claude Lemieux, Patrick Roy and so many others enriched the Habs legacy. I love MY Montreal Canadiens.



But I am a HOCKEY lover. I love the sport. The rock'em, sock'em; he shoots, he scores! There's nothing like a beautiful play! (unless it's at the expense of my beloved 'Tricolore' in which case the perpetrator must be *coughs* neutralized...)


I remember sitting on the carpet (it was green) in the living room, at my fathers feet watching Bob Gainey, Steve Shutt, Ken Dryden, Mario Tremblay, Yvan Cournoyer, Jacques Lemaire, Guy Lafleur (probably my first crush, I was 8 ok?!) and 'les boys' led by the Great Scotty Bowman (one of hockey's greatest coaches - wouldn't you agree Duckie?) as they ploughed their way to win the Stanley Cup.
I think Mom loves hockey just as much, no, scratch that, more than my Dad does - but I sat at Dad's feet. I get my love of Hockey from them, and my grandfather (mom's dad). And I'm passing on that love to my daughter... her smiling face waving the Habs flag as she sits and yell "Go Habs Go" at the Bell Centre warms my heart I tell you!

Want to know something else that has me classically conditioned and causes a Pavlovian Response? The Theme to Hockey Night in Canada, our other national Anthem. Makes me smile everytime I hear it, yes it does. All those memories of watching it with Dad in English to hear the "Da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaah dadadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"(I know all the words LOL), then switching to the coverage in French so Mom would understand and whoop and holler. "Et c'est le BUT!!!!!"





So I told you it's the sport, not just the team I love.. here are some legends of Hockey I admire: Gordie Howe (are you paying attention Duckie?),Wayne Gretzky (need I say why?), Frank Mahovlich (ok, so he was a Habs at the end of his NHL career...), Darryl Sittler , Mario Lemieux , Bobby Hull, Dale Hawerchuck , Grant Fuhr, Red Kelly (a gentleman he was), Ray Bourque, Peter Stasny, Cam Neely, Mike Bossy, Bobby Orr, and Vladislav Tretiak (a bitter enemy but outstanding goalie...)

For Duckie...




Hockey, it's a beauty eh!!!!









Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes (from afar cause I'm germy)!

Comments on "What happens when I don't go to work....."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

I'm not a big fan of Family Guy (the dad in this show is idiotic beyond belief!), but I do find Stewie and Brian interesting. That "Mommy" clip was cute.
As for hockey...um, I'm not really a fan either, but to each their own! **runs out of the blog before Anndi can throttle her** LOL Oh, and I hope the wee one gets well soon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Ann my sweet... when you talk hockey, your talking French to me... LOL... I know nuthin 'bout no hockey. But I am willing to listen... who knows, I may even come to like the sport... you just never know.

Hope chicklet gets to feeling better soon. Tell her that her Auntie Lee Ann is praying for her to feel well soon.

Kaitlin was complaining of feeling yucky this morning, but I sent her on to school and evidentially she was ok. Didn't have to go pick her up. Think that maybe it was just an "I'm tired and don't want to get up feeling"... LMOO

Love ya!
Smooch, Gropes & Hugs

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Loved the hockey clips. I learned about hockey from my mom - same as I learned football. I never developed a love of the game, and I don't go out of my way to watch it on TV. But there really is nothing like seeing a game live and in person. It's such a fast game. We've got minor leagues in Seattle and I've been to a couple of games. Lots of fun.

So the puking clip was gross and disgusting - yes I laughed anyway. I'm a guy - puking jokes are funny.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Meri: Stewie and Brain are my favorites.. I've heard the momma,momma,momma,..... Thanks for the get well wishes,I'll pass them on. But girl! it's HOCKEY!!! *shakes head*

Dixie: thanks sweetie, she loves her aunties and uncles, yes she does! I can forgive a gal from Dixie who doesn't get hockey,but you'll understand it.. you need to see a live game.

Travis: **snogs Trav cause he gets Hockey and puking makes him laugh**

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I'm not one to watch cartoons. My parents wouldn't allow me when I was growing up. But I just might have to start checking out some of these newer cartoons. LMOO!!!! I've been cranky all day and I laughed out loud at this clip. Thanks Ann!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Gee, I wonder who figured out how to put Youtube videos on her blog...:)

Poor Chicklet - I hope she feels better soon!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (3:04 AM) : 

**stands with hand over heart as Anndi sings the "other national anthem", and then does roll call of the greatest players ever to live.**

GO HABS GO!!!

Did you know my downstairs bathroom is decorated as a shrine to the Habs? Complete with a 32x48 signed,laminated photo of the Rocket?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Julie: just consider it a public service!! LOL!!

Dana: who did??? Seems the Chicklet may very well have the flu... she's very greatful for the get well wishes from her SP aunties.

Coco: Finally, someone who gets it!! GO HABS GO!!

Did you say a 'signed' picture of 'The Rocket'?? WOW!!

 

post a comment