Anndi's Luggage: ''I'd stop drinking coffee, but I'm no quitter.'' ~Author Unknown
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

''I'd stop drinking coffee, but I'm no quitter.'' ~Author Unknown

My friend Steve in England sent me this today.. and well, I think it just about sums up all I want to say on this rainy Wednesday..

Think about this one!

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers got together to visit their old teacher while back for a class reunion.

Conversation soon turned into complaints about the stress of work and of life. Offering his guests coffee, the teacher went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups, some exquisite, some expensive and some plain; telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all the former students had a cup of coffee in hand, the teacher said, "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

Be assured that the cup itself, adds no quality to the coffee and in most cases, is just more expensive, and in some cases evenhides what we drink.

What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups, and then began eyeing each other's cups.

Now consider this; life is like the coffee, and the jobs, money and your position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of the life we live.

Sometimes by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee."


So......enjoy your coffee.


I love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Comments on "''I'd stop drinking coffee, but I'm no quitter.'' ~Author Unknown"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Wow! That's deep! But, um, I drink tea! LOL Hugs and NO gropes!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:35 PM) : 

Ok... feel free to substitute the 'coffee' for your fav drink..

Tea for Meri and Right, chocolate milk for Dana, Mountain Dew for Dixie, beer for Bama (which I will gladly hold for her should she require me to),assorted cocktails for the rest of my wild and crazy buds...

Smooches (and an extra grope for MERIBAH!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

Loved this Anndi! We get so caught up in keeping with the Joneses that we forget what's truly important. I miss u sweeie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Anndi ~

Thank you for helping us to remember what is truly important in our lives.

::HUGS, GROPES, & SMOOCHES::
Lee Ann

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Dang I missed you!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

And once again Anndi Sweetness brings some sense into a senseless world...thank you Sweetness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

:groks:

Interesting...I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Whines.......I want Dana's coffee cup!!!

Your friendly SkyCap-
Lynn

 

post a comment