Anndi's Luggage: I just don't know...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I just don't know...

As I prepare to take my father to the Veterans Hospital as he can no longer live alone since Mom's passing, I hear of yet another tragic loss...



Cpl Nathan Hornburg, a 24 year old reservist with the King's Own regiment, based in Calgary Alberta was killed on Monday when a mortar shell struck as he was attempting to repair a Leopard tank.

My everlasting thanks to Cpl. Hornburg for the ultimate sacrifice serving our country.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. May God grant you peace knowing he died in an effort to help his comrades.


The commanding officer of the King's Own Calgary Regiment, Lt.-Col. Rick Coates, released a statement, saying:
"He exemplifies courage, dedication to his peers, and a commitment to the mission and to our country for which we are so very proud," Coates said. "He will be sorely missed by all who knew him."

Lest we forget...





I don't know when I'll write... if I do.
Please stay safe, and remember to love the one you're with.

Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments on "I just don't know..."

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11:31 PM) : 

My prayers to you and your family as you make your father's new arrangements. Peace be with you.

And peace to Cpl. Hornburg's family.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2:15 AM) : 

It's so sad. It's happening so often...the soldiers I'm talking about...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad too my dear.

I do hope you'll continue sharing your thoughts with us though.

*hugs*

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7:37 AM) : 

Wishing you, the Chicklet and your Dad all the best as you make these transitions into new phases in your lives.

We had a funeral here last week. It's so amazingly senseless and I ache for all of the families it's tearing apart.

hugs

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (10:27 AM) : 

So much sadness in the world these days... many hugs to you, babe...

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (10:45 AM) : 

you stay safer

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (3:06 PM) : 

RIP to the young Corporal and best wishes to you and your dad Anndi.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Stay strong for chicklet and your dad and yourself...

All things are there for us to conquer dear friend. You know we are here whenever you return.

So sad for your country's loss and condolences to this brave young man's family

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:25 PM) : 

:hugs and kisses:

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10:04 PM) : 

Many thanks to Cpl Hornburg for his service and sacrifice, and best wishes to his family for their loss.

Good luck to you as you do what is best for your father.

Love you.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7:30 PM) : 

(((((HUGS)))))

 

Blogger The Boy said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Oh Darlin, take care of you and yours.

And to the good corporal, another candle lit by the countless others.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:08 PM) : 

To all my fellow travelers:

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. Maybe I'll be back. I just have too much going on at the moment and don't particularly feel like being silly.

Hugs to you all.

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (11:03 PM) : 

I hope your Dad is doing ok. I understand the feeling of not wanting to write. Since my Dad died I find myself in a weird state. I go back to my blog, but sometimes I wonder why. My best goes out to you and I hope things get better.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (3:30 PM) : 

My dear sweet Ann ... I am so very sorry about Dad... please know that y'all are and have been in my prayers ...

Love you
SMOOCHES~

 

Blogger raffi said ... (6:27 PM) : 

sorry to hear about all those things, anndi. unfortunately life is not fair, but usually something good comes out of bad. my prayers are with you and your loved ones.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (3:52 PM) : 

not going anywhere nope i am not ... sitting here until you return....

hehehehhehheeeeeeee

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11:07 PM) : 

*hugs* take care, honey

 

Blogger Wild Phil said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I salute you Cpl. Hornburg for your sacrifice and service to your country.

What a brave and courageous man.

Hi Anndi, I hope that your Dad is alright, I have experienced some slumps in my life too after loosing my wife and it does make a person not to care what happens to ones self.

It really takes a lot out of a person when loosing ones mate for so many years. All my best to you and your family keep in close contact with your Dad, he needs you now more than ever, even if you are not sure what to say to comfort him during his times of feeling down, but just being there for him means a lot to him. My prayers go out to you all. God Bless

Your friend,
Phil

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Hope you're doin' alright over there, babycakes. Thinkin' of you...

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Anndi - I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's situation. This must be overwhelming for you and so sad to face. Take care of yourself and return when you feel like writing whatever. We don't expect you to be silly all the time, in fact, we want to hear whatever you have to say whenever you feel like saying it.

Terribly sad about your fallen soldier. Our prayers are with him and his family.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8:42 AM) : 

I am sitting and waiting....

 

Blogger Gail said ... (2:38 AM) : 

my twinny...

my thoughts are with you.

let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help.

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (9:15 PM) : 

My thoughts are with you on the situation with your dad. That is never easy.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Hope you're doing alright , doll. Thinkin' about you....

 

post a comment