Anndi's Luggage: goodnight sweet prince...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, September 06, 2007

goodnight sweet prince...





Like so many of my generation, when in comes to opera.. THAT was my first real introduction! I just thought they were geniuses (not the Wile E Coyote kind) for coming up with such marvelous tunes... Imagine my surprise when I discovered a whole world of Opera!






It was with a heavy heart that I learned this morning of the passing of Luciano Pavarotti. His voice, arguably one of the most beautiful ever recorded, has been silenced.

I wanted to share his voice with you today.
Only fair to share Rossini's Figaro... I'm exhausted just listening. Who hasn't lalala'ed to this? hmmm??!!!



The Toreador song - we used to sing this in the kitchen my mother and I (of course, we played with the lyrics a bit and there was no powerful chorus in the background, but we had fun!)





My mother always cried when she heard his Ave Maria by Schubert... as I do now.





I leave you with this... probably the most well known of all the songs he graced us with. And it still gives me chills.
Nessun Dorma... the aria from Puccini's Turandot.





Grazie Luciano... Grazie


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "goodnight sweet prince..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8:12 AM) : 

ah real cartoons.... not what the kids get today....

ty on the sad news... he was genius and a wonderful talent...you and mom had a special bond, no doubt

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I too was sadened by the loss of that wonderful tenor voice.

RIP

Mr. Pavarotti

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Pavorotti's Ava Maria was genius in its rarest form. And Luciano always seemed to get the babes.

 

Blogger The Boy said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Amen, he won't be around.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Poor Luciano....

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Bondbaby: Generations don't always agree.. but The Chicklet sure loved watching these this morning.
His was truly a beautiful voice, and although there are many recordings, knowing there will be no others makes me sad.
There are memories that seem to sneak up on you, this was one of them. SMOOCH

Sugarbaby: even when we know someone is ill, there is always a lingering hope that they'll be around longer. Hugs

Sparky: he captured the essence... I'm a tad puzzled about him and babes, but then, i never met him... Oh well!

The Boy: I gather you weren't a fan.. nice of you to visit dearie.

Kyra: I hope he left the world having lived his life to the fullest. Hugs

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Thank you for posting about him. It pained me as well to see he had passed but I am happy he won't have to suffer any longer.

 

Blogger raffi said ... (1:16 PM) : 

i loved him most of the three tenors. he had phenomenal presence, was an amazing artist, and will be greatly missed.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (10:43 AM) : 

He's no longer in pain, and that is something to be grateful for.

What a wonderful talent the world has lost.

Thank you for posting Anndi.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5:34 PM) : 

The world has truly lost a Great One. Sleep well, Mr. Pavarotti.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Those are two of my favorite cartoons.

As for the opera, ahhhhhhhhh.

Thanks for the support during my little hiatus.

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (8:55 AM) : 

It its sad but he'd been really ill.

Otherwise: We're playing you right now in the rugby world cup!

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (12:37 PM) : 

What a lovely post Anndi. I was so saddened to read he had passed. I am with Sparky, his Ave Maria make the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Good job Sweet Ann. You found so many great clips! Please visit my post on that day.

*hugs*

 

post a comment