Anndi's Luggage: Heroes fall once more...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Heroes fall once more...

Great sadness overwhelms me once again for the second time in a week.


My thoughts and prayers are with the families of Private Simon Longtin from the
Van Doos (3e Bataillon du Royal 22e Régiment, based in Valcartier, Québec) who was killed in Afghanistan on the 19th after the vehicle he was traveling in struck an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).


And we also mourn the loss of Master Corporal Christian Duchesne member of the 5e Ambulance de campagne, based in Valcartier, Québec and of Master Warrant Officer Mario Mercier, from the 2e Bataillon, Royal 22e Régiment, also based in Valcartier, Québec. Both were killed on August 22nd when the vehicle they were in is thought to have struck a suspected mine.
MWO Mercier had been in the Canadian military for over 20 years.

This is a monumental loss for the Valcartier base.



May their comrades find the courage and resolve to carry on and may the families and friends find solace in knowing their sons, husbands, fathers, friends died as heroes.

An Afghan interpreter was also among the victims. A third soldier was injured in yesterday’s incident, along with photojournalist Charles Dubois from Radio-Canada who will be transferred to a base in Germany to undergo further treatment after an operation to his leg.



The deaths of MCpl Duchesne and MWO Mercier came as the body of Pte Longtin was being welcomed home.







Lest we forget…

I love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Heroes fall once more..."

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (6:03 PM) : 

It hurts more when its some one at a base that is close to you. or it seems to, though it should not.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9:00 PM) : 

This makes my head and my heart hurt.

And it makes me so incredibly angry.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Sparky: I cry for every fallen Canadian soldier, but I suppose when they're from your province... the sting is even greater.

Turnbaby: So much loss, for the same base, in so little time. It breaks my heart.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:34 PM) : 

My sympathies and utmost respect go out to the families, and my deepest gratitude goes to the soldiers.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Oh Anndi my friend..my prayers tonight will include these brave young men and their families. Once again a beautiful tribute to fallen heroes.

As I said today on The Couch...TIME TO END THIS FIASCO

A huge hug to you dear.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Travis: Thank you.

Bondbaby:An entire base is in mourning, a province, a country... thank you!
As long as they are needed, they will report to duty and do their country proud.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Came back to watch the videos again...they touched me so...

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:49 PM) : 

So much loss...so much pain...so difficult to wrap one's brain around it all. Beautiful tribute, Anndi. Hugs.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Horrendously needless.
My sympathies and prayers to the families and those on the base.

 

Blogger Dan said ... (9:53 PM) : 

It's so very sad, isn't it?

:(

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:05 AM) : 

When will it all end?

*sigh*

 

Blogger Angell said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Senseless, violent deaths.

I respect our soldiers and mourn losses on both sides of our border.

The madness has to end. Bring them all home, and bring them home safe.

 

Blogger Wild Phil said ... (5:13 PM) : 

It is a time for sorrow but it is a time for praise as well because if it wasn't for these fine brave young men and women we would be in big troubles. I salute all these people who have the courage to do what is right.

SemperFi

On a finer note: No greater gift there is than one who has the courage and willingness to lay down his / her life for their fellow men /women for they will be honored in our hearts and even better when they get to Heaven.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

That was a loving tribute. So sad. I live near the Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base in San Diego, and we run obituaries on the front page at least three or four times a week of Marines killed at war. It just makes you wan to scream.

Nice post. Let's hope that sooner than later you can stop doing that.

 

post a comment