Anndi's Luggage: Why do I do these things...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, July 02, 2007

Why do I do these things...



Cause I felt compelled I suppose... Oh well! That and I didn't want Clay to make me walk the plank... (I swear I saw a shark in da water!)

Well, I’ve been tagged by the adventurous and charming Clay and the funny and outrageous Angell to share eight bits of truth about me and my luggage (feeling an urge to break out in a snappy song and tap dance number all of a sudden... ).

Seems I have to post the rules of the meme before I share my little tidbits (Matt, get your mind out of the gutter).

If you play, you must post the rules first (wait I just said that... oh well). Then you share your little bits (I don't have big bits, what can I say...). In the end, when you're all exposed, you tag 8 wenches or pirates and dare them to share their treasures! (insert pirate yohoho or aye here) . Post their names and go over to their blogs to let them know their fate by leaving a comment so they can come read your blog and find out what their assignment is.

So...

1. I love quotes (I know, if you've been reading for a long time I've already said this). This one.. I love!

"The legs aren't so beautiful. I just know what to do with them." - Marlene Dietrich


YUP!

2. When I was a child, I had a pet bullfrog. His name was Oscar and he lived wild in the back yard. And he came when I called his name. I s*** you not!

Mom was working for the Canadian census bureau at the time and the fine ladies that would go around door to door for the census would congregate at the house, in the basement where mom's makeshift office was and they would be given their assignments
(there was no one named Charlie on the phone ...)

Anywho... one day Mom told them about Oscar, and like all of you doubting thomases they didn't believe it. I stood outside next to the house, facing the backyard and it's two apple trees (which have been replaced by a pool) and called to my bullfrog... he came.

Just call me the Bullfrog Charmer of The Great White North!

Ironic.. I've kissed a lot of frogs whilst looking for my prince, but never thought to kiss that one! Then again.. I could never marry an Oscar... too many weiner jokes... Which leads me to the next little bit...






3. When I was pregnant with The Chicklet, I developped an aversion to Italian sausages. I didn't want them anywhere near me, couldn't see them, smell them, couldn't eat anything made with them. Merguez sausages were fine, any other kind of sausage was fine.. just not Italian sausages...






4. I must go to Ireland at least once in my life. Dad's Ma came from Ireland and I need to walk the green rolling hills. That plus, all the pubs! Oh.. and I wanna kiss the Blarney Stone.







5. I can't clean the house unless music is playing. Come to think of it, I can't cook without music playing. I also have music on when I take a shower... Ummm, I need music now...




6. I can sit still and "just be" longer than most people. Too few people actually spend time with themselves. (Maybe it comes from being an only child).

7. I truly hope to be a grandmother someday... I think I'd be a good one. Just don't call me Gammy.. or Grandma... hmmm...

8. My parents offered to get me a pet parrot when I was a kid after I had started pestering them for a pet (I got a cat in the end - well.. no.. I didn't get a cat in my.. oh you know what I mean! Sheesh...). I refused because I knew at some point it would say: "Ann, time for you to go upstairs and go to bed"! harumpfffff!

OK.. that was painless enough...

Sorry, but a ninth thing about me is.. I don't always like to follow rules (my inner wench I suppose). So, if you feel like it... go ahead and tell us 8 things about yourselves.








Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Why do I do these things..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2:03 PM) : 

Wonderful song....

I also learned some things about you my friend...who knew you were a bullfrog wrangler...

You will make a fantastic gran...um...nana....

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Clay Lowe said ... (6:14 PM) : 

you are one sassy little wench! and that's why i love you. xx

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I wish my parents had offered to get me a parrot. That would have been so cool! I, too, can "just be." That's probably because, like you, I'm an only child. I guess you just learn to appreciate your own company more when you have no brothers or sisters to torment! LOL

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:03 PM) : 

Now them are some sexy anime pics.

Would this affinity for bullfrogs make you a Bullfrog Whisperer?

I see you more as a Grandmama.

**tugs on the pigtails just cause he can**

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10:57 PM) : 

*tackles Trav the pigtail puller*

Huh? What? You WANT them pulled? Oh, sorry. Lets Trav go free.

Cool little tidbits!

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Ireland is on our list. I am not playing yet, but I must say, I love poutine!

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Bullfrogs?! Great pet =)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Bondbaby,

It's one of my favourite Eagles songs...

Yeah.. taming the wild bullfrog.. great hidden talent ain't it.. LOL!

Thank you.. nana's kind of nice.. I'll keep it in mind!

SMOOCH

Clay babe!

*giggles* love you too honey! sassy is one way to put it!

kisses

Meribah,

I wanted something cudly and furry that wouldn't talk back.. I got a cat with Diva Attitude LOL!Something else we have in common!

Travis,

LOL Bullfrog whisperer.. hey maybe I can get business cards that say that.. or at least a cool t-shirt!

Grandmama sounds so distinguished.. are you sure you meant me? *snarf*

**Let's Travis pull softly (this once) cause I owe him**

Hugs

Sweet Julie,

Awww.. my hero! LOL

Thanks!

Hugs and smooches!

Sparky,

Go on and play.. it's easy! Must go to Irelnad.. I also want one of those cool sweaters... Don't eat too much poutine, you'll give yourself a coronary!

Hugs

Starrlight,

You know, he was a great pet. There's a statue in memory of him in Dad's backyard! He's cuter that a garden gnome!

Smooch!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (10:07 AM) : 

1. I may be the only person on God's green Earth that hates corn. I love corn products (tortillas, popcorn, cornbread, etc.). I just hate corn.

2. I hate tomatoes. As above, I like tomato products like marinara sauce, but I don't like fresh tomatoes.

3. I have a birthmark on my right bicep. A former girlfriend's macaw always wanted to pick at it when I wore short sleeves around him, so I stopped.

4. I like to watch The 4400 on USA Network. Last week's episode saw the guy with the healing powers cure a kid of his autism. The kid's and father's reaction made me sob like a baby.

5. I suck at golf, but I love to play it. However, this big burly bald goateed guy seems to scare the hell out of the bluehairs on the golf course. Go figure.

6. I am an expert "mixologist" who can whip together a drink that's as good as anybody's. My watermelon margarita should be patented!

7. I LOVE living in FL, but I get homesick frequently, since my folks still live back home in Memphis. If it were physically possible to live in two places at once, that's where I'd be: Jax and Memphis.

8. I've been in a tornado before. In 1989, a small twister (an F0) came through my back yard, picked up Dad's shed, and put it up into the pine tree next to the house. Fortunately, that was the extent of the damage, though I was incredibly frightened at the time it was happening.

There...I got through an entire comment without mentioning "cowbell"! Oh, wait...d@mmit, I just mentioned it! Grrrr!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Jonathan,

I'll have to get my little self down to Florida so I can taste that watermelon margarita.. sounds yummy!

Um.. what's the shape of that birthmark? A cracker?

No wait.. it must be in the shape of a cowbell! bwahahahahahaha!

SMOOCHES for the lovely bald head!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I'll have to get my little self down to Florida so I can taste that watermelon margarita.. sounds yummy!

It is awesome, if I do say so myself.

Um.. what's the shape of that birthmark? A cracker?

LOL! Good one! Nope, it's a small brown circle, slightly bigger than the eraser at the end of a pencil.

No wait.. it must be in the shape of a cowbell! bwahahahahahaha!

LOL! I ought to get a cowbell tattoo (to go with the Scorpio tattoo I'm getting at the end of the month) with the words "I've got a fever" (or, as Chris Walken said it, "fevuh") or "What the world needs more of"!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11:42 AM) : 

WOOOOO darling.

Great...um...bits (yes, insert naughty laugh here).

So, when ya coming to T.O? We'll paint the town hon.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Jonathan,

Is there a story behind the tattoo?

If I can work up my courage (tid bit number 10 - if you count me being a wench with no regard for rules as number 9 - I am not fond of needles), I'd like to get one on my lower back. A tigress on a bed of roses maybe, but it requires a real good artist (my daughter volunteered to draw it.. maybe I'll let her draw something else for me!)

Angell,

You evil wench yourself!

Is T.O. ready for us?

grope grope!

 

Blogger cathy said ... (8:38 PM) : 

This is the 3rd link I have clicked on in dan's blog today and found another great blog.
I also do just about everything to music, don't like rules, recently did a quotes post(still active),I had at least 2 irish grandparents and "peaceful easy feeling" is in my favourites list on my PC media player.

Nice to meet you.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Cathy,

Glad you stopped in. So we have a lot in common besides Dan! Do YOU have a bullfrog in your past?

Nice to meet you too, I'll top in and visit real soon.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Ahh--your Duckmaster talents had an early start!!

SMooch

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Is there a story behind the tattoo?

Nah, just that I'm a Scorpio.

 

post a comment