Anndi's Luggage: Think.. act...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Think.. act...

Today is the summer equinox and before I fetch my druid robe from the eco-friendly cleaners so I can participate in the "dance under the moonlight" tonight with the other earth goddesses I wanted to show you something...






This past June 6th, so many of us in the bloggosphere put up peace globes (Thank You Mimi).

I feel the need to put mine up again.


















Yesterday was World Refugee Day...



I was too busy trying to get my daughter's 63 panties and 45 pairs of socks washed (and matched.. WHERE in the H E double Hockey Sticks do the socks go?) to write about this.. I was too busy making certain she was packed for a weekend with her Dad (poor thing will have to lug around new clothes and eat and be merry...)


If you're curious about the Geneva Convention and the status of refugees.. you can read it
here.




My prayers go out to the families of my country's latest casualties in the war in Afghanistan. Three fine soldiers killed yesterday by a roadside bomb.

Sergeant Christos Karigiannis, 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry
Corporal Stephen Frederick Bouzane, 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry
Private Joel Vincent Wiebe, 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.


May their souls be at Peace.







Love you all more than my luggage.
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Think.. act..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8:32 AM) : 

That is one interesting video...the juxtaposition of the clips is well done
SO sad about your three soldiers...
Hoping Chicklet has a great time and you enjoy your weekend also...
SMOOCH

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Ouch. You certainly bring the point home, don't you.

It's tragic whenever we loose any man or woman serving in the armed forces. But the name of the unit for these three soldiers makes them sound like they could be my neighbors. And I guess they are, in a way.

I thank them for their service and sacrifice.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10:07 AM) : 

My prayers as well to the fallen brave heros of Canada. May they rest in peace. Prayers also to their families.

Oh, I've tagged you for an award. Go over and get it.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Ann luv, God bless you and your big heart. You never let a day go by without reminding us how lucky we are, and how there are those less fortunate than ourselves.

Happy Equinox (hey did u know that's the title of a Styx album? He he )

SMOOCHES.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:18 PM) : 

May the fallen rest in peace, and may their families and friends find solace during these dark days. :(

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (6:21 PM) : 

as always, you do an excellent job of inserting a little reality into the blogosphere. I may have to start adding canadians to my list.

now make sure that robe is pressed, you know those druids and drows can be testy.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Thank you for the reminders of so many important things.

Smooch Angelbaby

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1:23 AM) : 

You do know how to say what you want...this was well said.

I love you to pieces and am proud to call you my twin...

Kisses

 

post a comment