Anndi's Luggage: Drifting...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, February 05, 2007

Drifting...





BestAudioCodes.com

Morgen gave us several definitions of the word drifting and its variants…

I wondered what I could write about for this word… and as I looked over the definitions it all became clear, a song started playing in my head…

I've been through so many changes over the past months, actually, over the past year. I think I may have found myself, found my hapiness... I've drifted into a world of wonderful people, many of whom I'll meet soon...
Here goes...

A year ago I was drifting, I felt lost, like nothing much was anchoring me to anything. The only thing keeping me in the world and connected was my sweet girl. I wasn’t feeling the passion I normally have for music, I wasn’t connecting with anyone, and I was like a piece of driftwood following the flow of the waves, wherever it was taking me, be it in calm weather or stormy seas.

Then, early in 2006 I heard a voice, which led me to a message board because I was curious… pretty soon I made a precious friend. Then many more. We shared a passion for this voice, the man it came from, our souls electrified.

Some of the men in our group have chided some of the ladies lately by saying: ‘It’s about the music’, with this tone of superiority and exasperation... well gentlemen, it ain’t! It started with the music, but for many of us, it became about what the music has come to represent. And for me, that music represents Love and Salvation.

It’s never just about notes… music brings us to places, states of being, it evokes our sense memory, it stirs emotions, it connects us with ourselves, with humanity.

So, what does music mean to you?

Now, I drift to the music… and what a trip! Good thing I've got a lot of nice luggage filled with laughs, tears, love, and friendship to take with me on my journey.. to the Places I've Been, and the ones I have yet to visit.


Drifting

Day after day, I'm more confused
Yet I look for the light through the pourin' rain
You know that's a game that I hate to loose
And I'm feelin' the strain
Ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away
Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

Beginnin' to think that I'm wastin' time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
Now I'm countin' on you
To carry me through

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away
Yea, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through
To soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
And rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along
Makin' me strong

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away
Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

Oh-ho, ah-no
Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

Hey, hey, hey, yeah
Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

Na, Na, now won't ya
Won't ya take me
Oh-ha, take me



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Drifting..."

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (12:56 PM) : 

nope, it's never just about the notes....

great post

HSGRRRRR

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Thanks sweetie... cannot WAIT to meet you and oooooh the rubs!!!

SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (2:05 PM) : 

The music has been a lovely accompaniment to the wonderful dance of friendship we've all been doing. Great post (as usual). BHAM is gonna be so much fun.

Smooch

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (3:20 PM) : 

You know, I believe Taylor has had a greater influence on people's lives than he realizes. Hugs!

 

Blogger Dan said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Too many notes! :)

I couldn't live without music Anndi. I take it as seriously as you. Love you more than my luggage and loads of hugs, smooches and gropes to you on this fine Monday!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Turn

We're going to have a blast!

I don't think B'ham will ever recover LOL!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Meri

Oh, he'll know.. in time. He'll hear our stories... His voice WAS heard.. and because of it my soul soars!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Dan

Music fills our lives.

Now about that luggage of yours, will you be checking that Sir?

Thanks for the hugs, smooches and gropes.. sending a double dose out to you sweetie!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (5:12 PM) : 

A great post and one I identify with a lot. Music means more to mean than I think I could express. I don't know what I would do without music. Taylor seems to have touched a cord in a lot of people's lives. I'm going to see him next month when he comes to the HOB. The more I hear about him live the more excited I'm getting, I wasn't that thrilled with his cd. I think he's going to be great live though.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:22 PM) : 

John darlin'

He was made to perform. I know you'll have a great time. You might want to check out his former band LMBO (Little Memphis Blues Orchestra).

I've met some of the most important people in my life through him. They've supported me through the most difficult time I have ever been through when my mother passed, they've made me laugh, they have shared of themselves... a precious gift indeed.

And I love them all so much more than all the luggage in the world.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7:18 PM) : 

It is kinda freakish that you and I chose the same song to describe our "drift" mood.

Funny, but I'm in the opposite direction as you right now when it comes to my music. I can find little joy with singing, and that's distressing because it is, aside from my family, my greatest passion in life and right now it gives me NO passion and very little joy. I used to take comfort in singing, but right now I just go through the motions.

I think I just need time away to rediscover my passion so that I can feel the joy again. I've got some big projects coming up, and I need to be ready when we start recording our CD in a few months. I can't afford to feel this way then.

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my very personal post of last week. I was overwhelmed by how much love was sent my way, but I was especially touched by your words knowing what you just went through with your mother.

The Ice Box

Ice Box Project 365

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:44 PM) : 

Songbird,

I have been where you are now... just hold on. You'll get the groove back.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:02 PM) : 

See - it IS about the music. The music began it all.

And yet I concede your point that it has evolved into much more than the music.

It's not ALL about the music.

Hugs darlin Sis!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Bro

Love ya...

It began with the music, yes.. and none of the women have ever said it didn't.. but you men folk keep saying.. "it's all about the music"... when in fact it's what the music has done...

Plus, I'll concede, that boy is easy on the eyes...

SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8:57 PM) : 

When I say "It is about the music" I am referring to it NOT being about the onion or the ears or the cows or the multitude of other things it sometimes seems like it has become.

You say "some of the men" - dear, there is really only 5 or 6 of us and sometimes it becomes overwhelming.

NOW, that said... without his voice, I would be without some very special friends and my life would be less complete.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Ditto to what V said on all counts.

And it's never solely about any one thing.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:30 PM) : 

I'm going to ask my darling gentleman friends Travis and Vince to remember one thing...

Just as you would be insulted if I started Man-Bashing.. and saying all men are pigs, you have to remember.. sometimes when you make that "it's about the music" comment, you generalize.. He caught our attention because of his voice. We also happen to think he's easy on the eyes. But not all women are focussed only on the onion! He is not what most women would describe as "classically handsome". And it's not what made us perk our ears and seek out more information.

I live in a world where a woman's form SELLS EVERYTHING!

And you all have the nerve to be insulted and overwhelmed because some women go on about his thighs and butt?

Have you ever walked through a workplace and everywhere there were naked pictures of men? I have walked through my workplace to pictures of naked women.. and tried to do my job with boobs staring out at me from behind a machine or a workbench.

NEWSFLASH!! Women also have libidos, we too enjoy oogling specimens of the opposite sex. And when you're in a chat room, the conversation may just go that way... but it doesn't automatically negate the man's talent. And doesn't mean that is all those women care about.

Now, that being said... I have a daughter who loves him.. you really think it has anything to do with his looks?

His voice... that's what got my attention and sustained it. I don't buy his CD cause of the pictures, the internet is filled with pictures!

But in the end, it becomes because of what he brought me... and my dear friends.. you two are treasures!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:38 PM) : 

Oh.. and I apologize to Dana for saying EARS...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10:38 PM) : 

Oh darn.. I did it again!

Sound holes...

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:42 PM) : 

ANN: See this is why the bloggosphere is such a great place. The exchange of ideas.
I have worked in printing plants where playboy centerfolds are predominantly displayed and always wondered why ownership allowed it.

Bringing female customers there would make me embarrassed. And yes Sex sells.. the coke commercial where the women gather at 11am to watch the construction worker take off his shirt ..the GO Daddy commercials with the women in wet t-shirts... many many other examples can be mentioned.

I understand that it began as the music and he is not "classically handsome" - most men are not- just as most women do not look like Victoria Secret models.

Again...the only time I have made that comment is when I have sat in a chat room for a very long time trying to discuss the music and being drowned out by talk of onions and ears.

Finally.. your post - as always - sparks an intellectual debate that is welcome every day.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:15 PM) : 

Thank you Vince...

The conversations happen because of people like you.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11:25 PM) : 

A great post and yet another candid discussion. You go girl!

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (4:30 AM) : 

Anndi my sweet, music and I are bestest of friends! Thanks querida for that lovely post and I love the tune you've chosen, who sings it and what's the title?
xox

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Hey Ann....I forgot to tell you thanks so much for picking the Dobie Gray version of this great song!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9:50 AM) : 

HERE looking for today's post... anyone see it?? Is it under that chair over there???

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Music and I are friends, too. Ever hear the 2 Live Crew's "Me So Horny"?

OK, bad example... :-p

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I don't see your butt in gear ;-}

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (1:32 PM) : 

That was great. So many wonderful posts about drifting...
and yours put a tear in my eye.
Thanks for participating in Manic Monday!

Love ya more than my luggage!
Ha!

 

post a comment