Anndi's Luggage: Being at The Right Place... a helping hand...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, January 22, 2007

Being at The Right Place... a helping hand...

I visited a new friend’s blog recently. The funny thing is, we have both only left each other one comment on each other’s blogs but for some reason, I felt an instant connection. Dave is a kindred spirit and his post came along at just the right time in my life. Thank you Dave.


His post was about kindness, short, simple and to the point. I’ve gone back to read it several times. It reminded me again me that in our words, we can, either by making someone laugh (glad you got a chuckle from your visit here dearest Dave), by sharing of yourself... offer a helping hand, sometimes without even knowing it. And we connect.



As you know dear regular reader, my mother passed away one week and a day ago.

Getting the chance to care for her the last few weeks of her life have meant the world to me. She did everything for me at the beginning of my life and it came full circle as I was there to do everything for her at the end of her life. I may have found a new calling, one I didn't pursue when I went back to school. I don't know that I'll make any dramatic changes in my life in regards to this but I've been told I should have been a nurse.

I have always had great admiration for nurses.. I guess in my experience with my mother I've come to the realization that when the doctors don't know what to do anymore, the nurses take over... a paliative care nurse is the hand that soothes.. the hand that brushes away the tears... the hand that steadies you as you take painful difficult steps. My cousin is a paliative care nurse. She is truly phenomenal person. So are the wonderful people that worked with me to care for my mother.


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "Being at The Right Place... a helping hand..."

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Dearest Anndi,
I'm so sorry I haven't been here lately to welcome you back to us. Thank you for all your kind and loving words. I will talk to you soon. Oh, and btw? I think you have all the right instincts for what you are considering.
love always,
Coco

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Anndi ma cherie,

Dave has been such an inspiration to me, I cherish my friendship with him!

I was invited to be a guest on My Point Radio tomorrow and will put all the details about the show on my blog later on today. I would be delighted if you would listen or call in!

GROS bisous
Tisha

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Coco

Thank you my friend.

It may become a new career path or I must just decide to do volunteer work in a hospice, but it has certainly made me think.

Much love

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Tisha darling,

Dave is a treasure isn't he.

I'll be listening ma belle... and maybe we'll get a chance to talk!

Bisous

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Anndi:

What a wonderful post. You mom's last weeks were so much easier because of you dear friend.

If you ever did go back to school, you would be brilliant as a nurse.

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Anndi - one more connection for us! I too wish I had become a Nurse. You would be wonderful in this profession. Your sense of humor, your kindness, your loving ways...oh but you would have to try and train the softie in you to toughen up just a tad...love you sweetie!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:12 PM) : 

That video was heart-wrenching. Beautiful post darlin.

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Nurses are a special breed. I have nothing but the utmost respect for them, after seeing all they do with my Dad in and out of the hospital so much lately and seeing how much they care and work to make him feel better.

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (2:48 AM) : 

Would be amazing to hear your voice querida!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:26 AM) : 

Bond:

Thank you. It brought me so much to just be able to be there for her.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:27 AM) : 

SueAnn:

I am NOT! Smooch! Thanks darlin'

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Travis:

Thank you bro. I appreciate the constant support and encouragement. You are loved.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:31 AM) : 

John:

My first realization of how much nurses do is when I gave birth to my daughter... Most of the work and reassurance came from the nurses, after that experience I started thinking about becoming one... My life took me in a different direction.
Your father is in my prayers, I hope he feels better. And so are you and the rest of your family, I understand what you're going through.

Hugs

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Tisha:

You just might ma belle!

Bisous

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (9:56 AM) : 

" when the doctors don't know what to do anymore, the nurses take over"
That is so true. My sister is a nurse and I think they have the hardest job, and they definitely do NOT get paid what they are worth. I have thought of being a nurse myself, but I don't know if I could do it.
I think your strength and compassion would make you a wonderful nurse...if that's what you choose. :-)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Ann...great post..go where you heart leads yet listen to what your mind heeds.

My heart tugged seeing Denny that way again. What a show!

Hugs sweetie!

 

post a comment