Anndi's Luggage: Winter Wonderland.....
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter Wonderland.....


I’ve been inspired by the recent weather events my dear friend Travis has been experiencing in his neck of the woods.. that and seeing Taylor Hicks (that man .. oh my.. I thudded!) perform last night as he opened the show for the Rockefeller Plaza Tree Lighting Really Big Show (that went downhill fast after his performance by the way.. and why was Bette Midler wearing an exploded Cockatoo on her head?)


So.. my TT for this week… (here in balmy 12C degree weather.. )…



Winter.. and what I love about it.. Look I’m Canadian, you can’t hate winter if you’re Canadian.. why it’s….. it’s …… it’s UnCanadian eh!



'The winters of my childhood were long, long sessions. We lived in three places - the school, the church and the skating rink - but our real life was on the skating rink.'
- Roch Carrier






Thirteen Things about why I love winter


1…. Playing in the snow with my Chicklet, making snowpeople and animals (with maybe an alien in there too) and snow angels.

2. Catching snowflakes on my tongue.

3. Lying on the snow at night, under the tree in my parents’ front yard. It always had a million coloured lights (ok well I couldn’t count that high when I was 5 and it sure looked like a million to me). And it was the most beautiful and magical thing to watch, the lights and the big puffy snowflakes that looked like Mary Poppins floating down with her umbrella as they fell on my cheeks and eyelashes.. ::hums:: these are a few of my favorite things…. Everything sparkled. This is one of my most vivid and cherished memory from childhood.

4. Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows.. YUM!

5. Watching the dogs run in the snow (ok the beagle leaps in and out and when she get to the ground all you see is the tip of her tail sticking out… too cute) as they try and catch snowballs.

6. Ok.. I actually made it to 6 before saying… yup you guessed it.. HOCKEY!!!!!!!!! The sounds of little kids on the neighborhood outdoor rink playing hockey, laughing and when the stick connects with the puck.. whap!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! ‘He shoots, he scores!!!!’ (can you hear the theme to Hockey Night in Canada?? Can you??? Dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada….)

7. Snowball fights.

8. SNOW DAYS!!!!!!!!! Waiting by the radio, praying your school will be closed… ‘Please God, I’ll eat my brussel sprouts, just let us have a snow day’…they go down the list… and woooohoooohoooohoooohoooo… they name your school (and now the Chicklet’s school)! You run to the closet, put on your snow gear and faster than your mom can wrap 100 yards of scarf around your head, neck and face (except for a slit that you can see through.. ), you’re out the door and you plop down in the snow! Ahhhhhhhhhh…That’s the good life..

9. Sliding down a snow covered hill on a toboggan and squealing as you slip slide your way down.

10. The crunching sound snow makes when the air is crisp and crystal clear and the sound carries for what seems like forever

11. Walking around in the evening as a light snow falls and seeing all the beautiful Christmas lights…

12. Curling up under the blankets with the ones you love, as you watch a snowstorm out the window (right Travis?)

13. After winter passes.. spring arrives and Nature comes to life again.. time marches on… (lets not think about how it marches across your face.. )


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels:

Comments on "Winter Wonderland....."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:09 AM) : 

And after reading this I could actually imagine liking snow again...
You made it lovable again...even though i am now an old currmuggen who likes it falling but hates it on the ground... give me a warm beach, a secluded area, a discreet waiter and some great food and drink..ah that is paradise...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Like I said.. one of the great things about winter is.. spring will come and bring warmer days and blossoms..

Now there is nothing curmudgeony about you Vince.. well .. not yet.. but when your 64... LOLOLOLOL!!!

*checks into vacation packages*
Beach.. paradise.. ok.. I'm in!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12:45 PM) : 

*picks up a handful of snow and makes a huge snowball and yells* SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!

SMOOCH!


http://dixies-heartandsoul.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:24 PM) : 

It is a good thing I'm not Canadian then eh? I hate the winter. I hate the cold and the shoveling the car out. *humbug*

Nice TT though.

 

Blogger Sonny said ... (2:44 PM) : 

"Walking in the winterwonderland..."
I so much hope there'll be snow for christmas this year. It's still quite warm (around 12°Celsius) over here in germany. Too bad...

Very nice list!
Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

#12 - Yup yup yup yup yup.

This is a wonderful list of winter things. We were absolutely enchanted the other night when the snow was fresh and looked like a postcard. Now it's just a slushy mess as the temps inch above freezing and the ice starts to melt.

But it was fantastic while it lasted.

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Hello - It sounds magical. Canada's on my wish list for visits so maybe I'll see it for myself sometime.

As for winter in Scotland:
First we get rain. LOTS of rain.
Then we get snow. A wee bit down here but a fair bit further North.
Then we get rain. LOTS of rain.

Have I sold Scotland to you?!! (just wait til you hear about the rainy summers)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Awwww, the pleasures of winter! Your list almost makes me forget about how much I dislike slippery roads and frostbite...almost! LOL

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:39 PM) : 

I love this list Ann!

The purity of the ground with fresh fallen snow is breathtaking to me!

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (9:26 PM) : 

OMG...I LOVED this list! It reminds me of all the wonderful things about winter, and now I'm not dreading it as much. I secretly love winter too, and snow, but I pretend that I don't. LOL My favourite thing ever when I was a kid, was listening to the radio and hearing my school's name called...I always climbed back in bed, and then went out to play later in the day. :-)
After reading #6, I totally have that theme song stuck in my head. I'll have visions of Don Cherry dancing in my head tonight while I'm sleeping. Haha.
Great TT. I really loved it. :-)

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:57 PM) : 

*huge smile at the Hockey Sweater* That's Brennan's favorite book - he wants to be like the Rocket ... did I ever tell you that our downstairs bathroom is a shrine to Maurice Richard? Lol - my brother, the mutant Bruins fan, refuses to go in there. I love winter - especialy storm days (teacher perks!) Great 13, Anndi.

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1:06 AM) : 

burrrrrrr...sounds like fun! Too bad I hate winter..love u tho!

 

post a comment