Anndi's Luggage: Jonas – Living the « Suite Life »
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Jonas – Living the « Suite Life »


A few years ago, I heard a voice. I had a moment like the one I had when I heard Taylor Hicks for the first time. There are artists who reach out and grab you, there are artists who grow on you slowly. For many of us (I’d wager to say that pretty much all of my Soul Patrol friends), Taylor Hicks was an artist that grabbed us.. and he has yet to let go, we have not been let down.



Well, as I said, a few years ago, I heard a voice. A singer named Jonas. A hometown boy… Montreal talent! And he grabbed me instantly. I feel it’s time to introduce you all to his talent. Oddly, from the very moment I figured out how to add a link to my American Idol profile, I added a link to Jonas’s website.



I have a very strong “rocker chick” side to me.. and he certainly appeals to those sensibilities.


His voice will give you chills, his songwriting partner and guitar player, another local boy from the Kahnawake Mohawk reservation, Corey Diabo knows how to make a guitar sing. Old school rock ladies and gents.. “Crank up the volume” songs that leave you smiling!


The south has Taylor Hicks.. Montreal has Jonas Tomalty…. Blues rock… Great guitar riffs and a voice that hits you like a sledge-hammer.. Powerful but controlled.. The true test of his talent comes in the live performances in which he does not disappoint and has a presence that only an artist who has been working at his craft for a long time possesses…


He started his lead singer career back in the 90s, when he was 14 years old, fronting a band called Rubberman, an alternative rock band. And even then, he had great stage presence and a firm grasp on his vocal talent and style. The band won a contest put on by the local Rock station CHOM 97.7 FM, L’esprit contest. And Montreal’s love affair with Jonas began. Rubberman released their one and only album in 2001.


His love of blues lead him to Jonas and the Blues Blooded.. this love of blues he inherited from his father and his father was with him in this band.. listen to this folks… Shake your moneymaker. Tell me his guitarist isn’t talented… I dare you!


And from that journey, he emerges as a Phoenix with a band that complements him wonderfully.


He writes beautifully, and when he does do a cover, he makes it his own. His version of “Edge of Seventeen” rocks. And when he sings “Good Morning Little Schoolgirl” a Van Morrison song.. well he makes my heart skip a beat!


You don’t get people like Desmond Child, or Steven Tyler and Joe Perry (uh huh.. of Aerosmith fame) to contribute to your debut album (even writing a song.. “When the rain stops”) if you’re not talented.



Seeing him perform, I am taken back and imagine artists like Robert Plant and Jim Morrison. And I have a MAJOR thing for Robert Plant, oh yes I do! And Led Zeppelin (easily one of my all-time favorite bands) is an inspiration for him and his bandmates… and it shows.



He has just recently released his second CD.. “Suite Life” and oh boy! I wish I could share that music with you..



Do yourselves a favor… give him a listen… you can hear a snippet of “Supersexme” on his myspace.. the first single on his second CD
or on his website.. links to a jukebox and videos…



Thank the angels in heaven he didn’t go for Rock Star like Mark Burnett (yes.. that sorry INXS lead singer search… ugh!) wanted him to…





Jonas’s own words…



BURN THE HOUSE DOWN


I met a sketchy little woman and she walked a crooked line

She took a page from the bible turning water into wine

She talked about a spirit said she had a crystal ball

Even spoke with the devil made a telephone call

With her Hocus Pocus, oils and brews

Everything she did was front page news

The people all came on a Saturday night,

We’ll run her outta town and if she puts up a fight

Then we’ll burn the house down,

Burn the house down, burn the house down

and throw away the key


So the Bishop takes his Queen across a checkerboard square

Took a rose from her garden and a lock from her hair

He talked some mumbo jumbo ‘bout the moon and the stars

Said he’s walkin' on water when he’s drivin' his car

Another Saturday night and the newspapers read

The holyman died he was smoking in bed

Burn the house down, burn the house down

And throw away the key

Burn the house down, burn it to the ground

And throw away the key


So when you’re sleepin' all alone and there’s a knock on your door

And you’re on your knees and prayin' ‘cause your life is a war

Say a Hail Mary as running out of town

And Thank the Lord you’re living as they burn your house down

Burn the house down, burn the house down, down,down

And throw away the key

Burn the house down, burn it to the ground

And throw away the key



Like Travis always says.. ok with my own twist.. crank it up folks… and rock on!



Like a River – live in concert in Victoriaville Quebec back in 2004








Daddy – video for the first single on his debut album







Posted By:Jonas



Get this video and more at MySpace.com




Burn the House Down!!! – Live







Edge of Seventeen – Live at Radio Énergie – a promo event held around Christmas I believe in 2005…









Love you all more than my luggage!

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels:

Comments on "Jonas – Living the « Suite Life »"

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (10:12 PM) : 

Oh my...Oh my...he is hot! Lord, can you imagine him and Taylor...together? Excuse me while I THUD! Oh girlfriend..thx so much for sharing.....and I will be running out to buy his CD's you can be on that! HUGS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

Finally got the vids to play. Thanks for putting these up - and for letting me post your review of Jonas at the Bunny.

Jonas deserves to be heard. He's the real deal.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Yup Yup Yup!! You nailed it there, amazing talent, especially "Like a River". I'll be keeping an eye out for that lower lip!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1:10 PM) : 

dude!! loved Daddy and Burn the House Down! very impressive! Will have to get a cd. thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Nice - thanks for sharing!! I'll be purchasing his music as soon as monetary issues are settled.

In the meantime, I'll just keep popping back here to watch....

He's a hottie - straight from the Great White North!!

 

post a comment