Anndi's Luggage: Happy Hump Day!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

Tuesdays are drop days for new music. So what was unleashed into the world yesterday and has managed to attract my attention? Enough that I might want to go out this weekend and purchase it?





The Beatles – Love




When I heard of this undertaking, I was leery.. .what do you mean they’re going to fiddle with classics and mash up the songs???.Don’t you think that if these songs were meant to be arranged differently John, Paul, George and Ringo would have arranged them differently ... um ... wait.. never mind, Ringo wouldn’t have done things differently. Let’s face it people, Ringo Starr is the luckiest drummer on the face of the earth. Anywho…
So on my way home from helping verify the plant maintenance shop’s inventory, I listened to the classic rock station on the car radio. I normally would have just listened to a cd, but I tuned in and what I heard peeked my curiosity enough that I’ll break down and buy this album. Ok.. I admit it, George Martin really knows what he’s doing. And kudos to the Cirque du Soleil… I should have had more faith.. mea culpa.



U218 Singles- U2

U2 released a singles Cd.. it’s been done before.. I looked at the titles on there.. if you are a novice and want to get a good representation of what the U2 sound is, and their path through time.. go for it.. but die-hard fans just don’t need this one. However.. the two new tracks just may convince me otherwise.. great.. I just found a reason to consider buying it. Hey and what do you know.. they were produced at Abbet Road Studios.. well well… seems I can't make up my mind..The CD-DVD... yup.. it's up here.. look up..WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY up... and you can watch..


Orphans – Tom Waits

I’m not sure how I feel about this release.. He has a very particular voice.. shades of Leonard Cohen but rougher.. (if that’s possible..). It’s poetry set to music.. provocative.. but it can also make you want to slit your wrists. I don't see myself buying this one...

Oh, I almost forgot… A contestant on American Idol released a CD.. that’s all I have to say about that.

Now.. to touch on something that came bubbling up in my little Beatles blurb..

Drummers..

Yes it’s official, the Chicklet has decided after a stint on my cousin’s son’s drum kit that percussions are it for her. Looks like somebody might be getting drums from Santa.. and somebody else is getting ear plugs!

So it got me thinking about drummers.. and I sat her down on my bed Sunday night and she and I gazed in awe into the laptop’s screen as we watched an absolutely wicked drum solo by none other than the amazing Neil Peart.. the man is a genius!

Now I know not many people really know Rush, one of the best bands to ever come out of Canada… And when I started the car this morning, this is the song that I heard.. with instant recognition from the Chicklet.. Here's how the conversation went...
Chicklet: ‘Mommy, isn’t that the best drummer on the planet? The one who has the big drums?’
Me: ‘Yes sweetheart, it’s Neal Peart.. and if you practice and work hard..you just might be better than him!’

She makes her Momma proud! My girl knows her Rock and Roll.. yes sir she does!


Spirit of Radio

Words by Neil Peart, music by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson


Spirit Of Radio
By Rush
BestAudioCodes.com


Begin the day
With a friendly voice
A companion, unobtrusive
Plays that song thats so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way
Hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact
In your happy solitude

Invisible airwaves
Crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle
With the energy
Emotional feedback
On a timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price ---
Almost free...

All this machinery
Making modern music
Can still be open-hearted
Not so coldly charted
Its really just a question
Of your honesty

One likes to believe
In the freedom of music
But glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity

For the words of the profits
Are written on the studio wall,
Concert hall ---
Echoes with the sounds...
Of salesmen.



If only more artists headed those words… we might avoid some of the noise pollution out there on the airwaves ::coughs:: K-Fed ::coughs::


Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Happy Hump Day!"

 

post a comment