Anndi's Luggage: A pittance of time...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, November 10, 2006

A pittance of time...

I know many of my friends are expecting a simple Thursday Thirteen and it shall come.. but today I have more important things to say. So here’s my first but most personal Thursday Thirteen…



I am a proud Canadian... And I shall never forget.

November 11th is, and has been for a very long time, a very sad day for me..

THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD AS WE
THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD;
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM NOR
THE YEARS CONDEMN.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.


So here is my Thursday Thirteen…

I cry…

1- For the men and women who died, fighting for our Nation, for my freedom and the freedom of others…
2- For the mothers and fathers who have lost their sons and daughters in the fight for Peace…
3- For the men and women who have lost their soulmate…
4- For the children, those who are left behind… and those who shall never come to be…
5- For the friends who are left with only memories…
6- For those who have no PEACE…
7- For those who forget what makes the sacrifice so meaningful...
8- For those who miss so many important moments of everyday life because they are fighting for justice... the first step, the first tooth, the first goal, the first school play…
9- For my country, for we have lost so many fine Canadians…
10- For those who died alone... and for those who are buried so far from home...
11- For those who confuse their opinions on war and the respect and appreciation owed for the sacrifice of our soldiers...
12- For those who have lost their brothers and sisters in arms and parts of themselves...
13- For those who will not take the time to remember…



I will be taking my daughter to our Nation’s capital this weekend for the Remembrance day ceremonies. I have taught my daughter to appreciate the freedoms she enjoys and the sacrifices made on our behalf. I always extend a hand of thanks to the veterans who are out selling poppies at this time of year, and I have been know to hug a few.
I proudly wear my poppy and remember, it’s so little for so much.


All gave some... some gave all...

To our troops in Afghanistan.. come home safe...




Lest we forget

In Flanders fields

Poem by Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae


In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.


Lieutenant-Colonel McCrae was a Canadian Medical Officer who fought in the war of 1914-1918. He wrote this poem following the death of his friend… distraught at the thought that the dead might be forgotten… and from it the poppy became the symbol for soldiers who died in battle.





A few minutes of your time... Please take a moment...
On the 11th hour
Of the 11th day
Of the 11th month
Remember those who died, in war and peacekeeping efforts... They serve for you.

A Pittance of Time - written and performed by Terry Kelly

Terry Kelly wrote this song and you can find his biography on his website...





To those who have fought and continue to fight for FREEDOM and PEACE...

Thank you...

I love you all...

Comments on "A pittance of time..."

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:33 AM) : 

It's early for tears today, but they came anyway as I remembered my four buddies who never made it back from Desert Storm. And I remember again how it hurt so much that I wasn't there for them.

Semper Fi fellas.

Thank you Ann.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

And a very fitting tribute as well for our American Veteran's Day. Thank for for reminding me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

This is wonderful my sweet friend.
I always 'remember'but thank you.

Love you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Beatifully written Sweetness...

Every year I find a veteran selling poppies and I keep it in my car all year, only to be replaced the next.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Ann,

As I read that not only did I have tears in my eyes I had chill bumps. That is beautiful.

As I read this, I was thinking of my son... my one and only son who will be signing his name on the dotted line come Monday. He's is enlisting in the United States Marines.... I pray for him and the decision that he is making for his future.

I love you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

What a beautiful tribute. Thanks for passing on such a valuable lesson to your duaghter.
Hugs, Robin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Applauds!!! WELL DONE

Especially for a Canadian...just saying.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Ann, I was planning on blogging something similar, but there are no words after reading your wonderful poetry.

Brilliant, heartfelt, honest.

To Trav - I'm sorry about your friends. Hold their memories close.

Lee - honey, God will watch over him. His bravery, and his faith will keep him safe. You raised a good man.

To all others, please remember.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Wow, what a wonderful post, and those two songs get me every time, especially the last one! We shall never forget!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Anndi -

My twin. Tomorrow will be a tearful day for me as well...I lost someone near and dear to my heart who was born on 11/11...

Gail

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Um, make that three songs! LOL Somehow, I managed to miss the first video the first time around. It's a nice tribute.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to read, watch and listen.

I love you all so much more than my luggage, that I have packed for my trip to Ottawa to pay my respects and honour the fallen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM) : 

Incredible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

I'm quite speechless, beautiful post hon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Beautiful post. I was crying like a baby through the first 2 videos. I wish everyone would watch those, and take time to remember.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Beautiful post Anndi...it's always a pleasure to visit here. Sometimes it's a pleasure to drop a few tears.

 

post a comment