Anndi's Luggage: Soldier - remember the ones we lost
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Soldier - remember the ones we lost



Some people say, I'm a fighter
Some people hate what I do
I stand for my country
I stand for you


I got a family that loves me
They respect what I do
Try telling your child you're leaving
Believe me it's a hard thing to do


So, If I die don't judge me
Cause, I will not judge you
And If I die, please accept it
Cause, I will die for you


We have our reasons
Rules, morals and beliefs
I won't slander your opinion
I'm just searching for peace


So, If I die don't judge me
Cause, I will not judge you
And If I die, please accept it
Cause, I will die for you


Words and Music by Shawn Hlookoff... he makes me proud to be Canadian.

Thank a soldier, Hug a veteran.

Peace

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Soldier - remember the ones we lost"

 

Blogger mauniejames3 said ... (10:24 AM) : 

That's just lovely...I WILL find someone to hug...any suggestions?
Hope he's young and handsome...

 

Blogger Dana said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Love it Anndi! You know, I've never been able to resolve the conflict between those who badmouth the military, and yet enjoy the freedom to do so without guilt.

Maybe, one of these days ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Sweet! Even from all the way over here I can feel the love and I respect very much those who are thankful for those who are no longer here with us and those who have and are still serving their countries.

Your beautiful anndi..
Luv'N'Hugs,
Lesley

 

Blogger Lu' said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Very nice... I hugged a vet last night, my Father in-law. He served in WWII and the Korean War, in the Navy.

 

Blogger buffalodick said ... (8:07 AM) : 

It is a good time to remember freedom has to be fought for...

 

Blogger mauniejames3 said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Hey Anndi...I hugged everyone at the BBQ yesterday if they said they were a vet or in the service...then they started lying...even the young boy in a uniform...go figure...

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I remember and thank the ones lost. I also remember there are folks fighting and dying today.

Thanks for finding this ----I love you Angelbaby

Smooch

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (11:17 PM) : 

I responded to your comment at my blog, mon amie.

Link

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Thanks for this...excellent as always...

Stop by some time, it has been a while

 

Blogger Ed & Jeanne said ... (6:49 PM) : 

I did 6 years service so I guess I'll hug myself.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:51 PM) : 

This is a magnificent Memorial Day post. Anndi. I had never heard that song before. Thank you for the video and for posting the words.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:12 PM) : 

That was absolutely beautiful.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:35 AM) : 

lovely post, sweetie *hugs*

 

Blogger Slyde said ... (8:58 AM) : 

very nicely said, missy... :)

 

Blogger Romeo Morningwood said ... (2:10 PM) : 

I may be an Idealist, but I am enough of a Realist to understand that we are forced to share this world with others who cannot be dissuaded from exacting their will upon others,either by reason or simple, decent, compassion.

Have you ever seen the film Breaker Morant? It is the tale of Aussie soldiers who were court martialled and summarily executed for the 'greater good', by the British in order to appease Victoria's grandson, the Kaiser, from entering German Forces into the Boer War.

Since then, the guerilla tactics of enemy combatants becoming ensconced and hiding amongst the civilians has made War a dirty insidious affair.

Civilian casulaties, collateral damage', always outnumber the soldiers and this is why we must always strive to eliminate armed conflicts...
even if we know that it may very well be ultimately impossible.

Tennyson's 'Charge of the Light Brigade'..
"Theirs is not to reason why,
Their's is but to do and die"...
is the best example of why we need to hold Politicians far more accountable for getting us into these horrible circumstances.

Why aren't they out there putting their money where their mouths are?

I certainly am not discounting the ultimate sacrifice of people trapped in these situations...
but we need to work together to find a better way.

Take out the Hitlers before they can muster an Army...and do it fast.

 

Blogger Mike Minzes said ... (5:51 PM) : 

What a wonderful tribute

 

Blogger Katman said ... (4:49 PM) : 

That was wonderful. I'll link that to my blog if you dont mind.

The thing about service to your country isn't some mumbo jumbo about any political crap - it's about what you believe in.

For that, I really like the poem. It's direct and honest. Lovely

BTW, I have served for just over 18years so i may be a bit biased ;-)

 

post a comment