Anndi's Luggage: Proud Mama!
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Friday, February 08, 2008

Proud Mama!



Yesterday was parent-teacher-child conference. And I'm very proud of my Chicklet. She's a math and science whiz , got a great evaluation in English as a second language, gym and dramatic arts.

Her chosen reward? a book!

She's been working very hard this year, and we've all noticed that she's matured a lot this year (we = homeroom teacher, English teacher and myself).

She was so proud to show me a powerpoint presentation her project group worked on about lizards (I'm thinking of contracting out that part of my job to these 9 and 10 year olds... it was that good).

Considering I've been having a crap week.. this was just what I needed.

Oh.. she wrote a lovely little composition about friendship. I'll have to share it with you soon, kids are wise.


Enjoy this tune, Chicklet and I really love these guys.. The Alternate Routes a great bunch of guys with a great band that we discovered when we went on our summer Chick Road Trip to see Taylor Hicks in concert...



The guitar line slays me... *sigh*







Love you all more than my luggage!

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Proud Mama!"

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Brava, Chicklet! C'est magnifique! And, no Anndi, we can't tell AT ALL that you are proud of that beautiful and smart girl. *grin*

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Congrats Proud Mama and Chicklet!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Songbird: Thanks dear! Phew.. I'm glad I was able to keep it under wraps! LOL

Leighann: Thank you... And real soon we'll be congratulating your girl and her prowess too! SMOOCH!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12:10 PM) : 

More cowbell! Ha! I love it!

Congrats to Chicklet!!!!! Tell her I said great job! Oh, and she looks soooo much like you. It's crazy...LOL.

 

Blogger Doc said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Way to go Chicklet on the great report card!!

(nice pic too BTW)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Kyra: I know, I want that shirt ;)
I'll be sure and tell her!
She's my mini-me! Funny, an old friend from high school commented on that very thing!

Doc: Thanks dear! (which one? LOL!)

 

Blogger none said ... (4:38 PM) : 

way to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

Wow! You have one smart little girl there!

Mmmmm Taylor looks gooooood! :o)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8:58 PM) : 

hammer: Thanks!

PP: Yes I do, she's a great kid!

yup! he's real easy on the eyes!

 

Blogger Gail said ... (9:30 PM) : 

So proud of your little Chicklet...and this is freaking me out a bit...I think we really are twinnies...did you see my blog about my son's Conference?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Gail: Thanks Twinny! I'll be sure and tell her!
What's really eerie is I was reading yours while you were reading mine....
We've got some pretty amazing kids, don't we? HUGS

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (10:17 PM) : 

What she did not want a Wii? What the heck are you teaching that kid up there?

 

Blogger R.E.H. said ... (6:35 AM) : 

Powerpoint presentations at 9 years of age. Wow. When I was nine it was still a long time to go before we'd even believe it if someone told us we'd have computers in our homes ;)

Good goin' there, Chicklet.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11:31 AM) : 

PURRRRRRRRRRRRR--I love the More Cowbell

THe Chicklet takes after her beautiful and smart mama.

The tuneage is awesome.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:48 PM) : 

WTG Chicklet! WOO!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Ducky: That's on her list for her birthday LOL!

r.e.h.: Yeah.. we're old LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Turnbaby: Smooch! Smooch! Smooch!

Dana: Thanks auntie Dana! HUGS!

 

Blogger RW said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Good job Chicklet!! My Chicklet just hit the Honor Roll again, I couldn't be prouder, I sometimes wonder if she is my kid lol! (I did very badly in school) Hugs & much love!!

 

post a comment