Anndi's Luggage: No lump of coal???
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

No lump of coal???

My dear friend Vince decided to give me some bling… I wasn’t quite sure why, but I was flattered nonetheless. I mean, I’m a bad blogger.. I don’t keep my blog updated (like most airlines I lack sufficient staff to keep my flights running, staffed and on time – and don’t even get me started on the maintenance crew) and I don’t visit the lovely bloggers I’ve come to care about and appreciate who apparently are collecting miles and frequent flyer points anywhere nearly enough. I say it's because they like the in-flight movies (who said I'm a video monster?).

So he gave me one of those groovy globe-like things... the kind you shake and the snow falls… He got it from Mimi who got it from Santa himself (seriously, how cool is THAT!)

Isn't it pretty?



And I know all about snow! And zambonis... and snow angels... Okay sorry, I got distracted by the sparkly snow...

So… as Santa himself has said:

This award is for those who talk about and show the spirit of Christmas in their blogs.

What is the Spirit of Christmas you ask (believe me I wanted to ask)?

Quite simply it is those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others. Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the "Spirit of Christmas".

I thought... me?

Christmas eh? Giving eh?

MOI? (That's French for me...)

So, I thought I would share something with you all… something wonderful that truly does exemplify giving back and making a difference in someone’s life.

Please click on this button (but wait til you finish reading okay?) ...


All it requires is that you take a quiz. Answer as many as you can correctly (I’m sure Santa will not frown on me for saying this: cheat for a good cause and use your dictionary when you get stumped along the way - really they won't mind!).. Visit as often as you like... sheesh, you'll even learn new words!


What am I babbling about?

Babble:
intransitive verb
1 a: to talk enthusiastically or excessively b: to utter meaningless or unintelligible sounds
2: to make sounds as though babbling
transitive verb
1: to utter in an incoherently or meaninglessly repetitious manner
2: to reveal by talk that is too free

You see, this link is about a truly outstanding project. It started on October 7th 2007. The basic premise is: for every answer you get right, sponsor companies will donate 10 grains of rice to feed the hungry through the United Nations World Food Programme.
In just over a month, people who have played the trivia (yes Turnbaby.. trivia!) have managed to earn 1,712,371,750 grains of rice. Imagine that!

UPDATE posted on the 15th of November: the total now stands at 1,897,053,670... just short of 2 BILLION folks...

If that doesn't make you jolly, you're in need of an intervention, or at the very least a hug because it must be lonely for you living in a cave with a lump of coal for a heart.

So go on, click and answer and do your part cause Vince is never going to make enough lasagna to feed the world...

Why bother?

Cynic:
A faultfinding captious critic; especially : one who believes that human conduct is motivated wholly by self-interest.

Well...

Apparently Vince promised tissues...



If you are one of my frequent flyers, you won't be surprised there are videos on this post. And since this is a part of my youth...

Go on folks.... Feed the World!



Oh.. come back and tell me how you did. It takes 100 grains of rice (10 correct answers) to fill one bowl and feed one person. So far, I've fed 25 people. And it's addictive. Go on... try it! UPDATE posted on November 15th: if we hit the 2 BILLION.. we (yes WE!) will provide 20 MILLION bowls of rice... it's a good start don't you think? If we get that much done in less than 40 days, IMAGINE the possibilities! Oh, and feel free to add it to your sidebar (very nice Vince, thanks!)


So... who do I give this award to?
My Soulsister Sue.. who exemplifies giving and providing a shoulder to lean on. Love you sweetie! Get your present here (just grab the code)

I love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments on "No lump of coal???"

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12:44 AM) : 

"I wasn’t quite sure why, but I was flattered nonetheless. I mean, I’m a bad blogger"

And then you proceed to show us all why I felt it was deserving.

A simple piece of bling and from it we learn something new and exciting. So much so, that we had to immediately grab a button put it on The Couch, and revise our post for Thursday.

You may have limited service but when you fly, you fly high.
HUGS

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I have to update my sidebar this weekend, and I must remember to put this button in there.

Put quite simply, you rock.

(((((Ann)))))

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I donated 3120 grains of rice ... but I got 4 words wrong! (oh the shame!) wonderful idea, sweetie. *hugs*

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (12:08 PM) : 

My loving and dear Soulsister, Anndi! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this gift. I just fed 200 people and felt great! "Do unto others", the creed I try so hard to live by, can, at times, be difficult. It can bring much happiness and oh so much sadness. I love you for YOU, Anndi. You "Do unto others" and you BLOG beautifully....just as you and your SOUL are beautiful. I am going back to my blog and present a present (doncha just love those homynums (sp?)?
Love you, sweetie!
HUGS!!!!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Vince: I swear you,re in my head because I couldn't think of the 'just right' intro to this project... Thank you for your constant support (but make sure you warm your hands first). So... how many grains of rice did you donate? Eh?

Travis: Awwwww shucks *gazes down and blushes while twirling a pigtail*

((((((Bro))))))

Coco: You were the first person I thought of when I first played.. and figured you would kick my butt at it. I can't take any credit though, it wasn't my idea... just passing on the good stuff.
(((((Coco)))))

Sue my Soulsister: I'm glad something brought you so much joy, you deserve it. I think of you everyday. Thank you for being you.

Very big hugs!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1:35 PM) : 

I just cranked out 3010. More later and i'll update this weekend.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Turnbaby: I KNEW I could count on you for this one!

SMOOCH.. oh heck.. GROPE GROPE! :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4:48 PM) : 

so far...ummm about 30 bowls of rice or so....ME??? In your head????

LOLOL

scaryyyyyy for you..... warm and cozy for me....

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Wow!! What a great idea. I just hit 1000 in only a few minutes and will do even more over the weekend! Hugs to ya sweet Ann!

Love ya, Robin

 

Blogger Charles Gramlich said ... (6:44 PM) : 

I will get around to giving this a try but at the moment I don't have the minutes to spare. I guess that makes me rather scroogy. Still, it's a nice award. Congrats.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Very sweet - perfect for my precious friend!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:04 PM) : 

**sneaks back in while Ann is busy and yanks on the pigtails**

I just had to!!!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (8:32 PM) : 

guess who! SMOOCH! I made 510 rice bowls. What a wonderful site! Bond made a great choice, your the bomb

hugs!

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (10:27 PM) : 

what, no tags? You are ruining the whole blog charma

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I ran through 42 words in a ten minute period yesterday. I'll try to hit it again later today.

 

post a comment