Anndi's Luggage: I tried.. but I have something to say...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, April 30, 2007

I tried.. but I have something to say...

They sing it so much more eloquently...



To every thing, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
To everything, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together
To everything, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing
To everything, turn, turn, turn
There is a season, turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven
A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

"Choose
The single clenched fist lifted and ready,
Or the open hand held out and waiting.
Choose:
For we meet by one or the other."
- Carl Sandburg

"You can't shake hands with a clenched fist."
- Indira Ghandi

"Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism."
- Dorothy Thompson

"If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies."
- Moshe Dayan

"How can one not speak about war, poverty, and inequality when people who suffer from these afflictions don't have a voice to speak?"
- Isabel Allende

"This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."
- Leonard Bernstein



Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "I tried.. but I have something to say..."

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Awesome post Angelbaby--how could I love you more--smooch

And it's not the :turnturnturn: bit of the song either


Kisses

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Holy cow! Moshe Dayan had it going on! Great post Sweet Ann.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:42 PM) : 

You have the innate ability to find music, videos and words to state eloquently your thoughts and desires.

A beautiful post on a special day.

KISS

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (12:32 AM) : 

Wonderful post. The Byrds video was great, but the Lennon one was very special. That is one of my favorite songs and I love his version, I never saw this video before. I can honestly say I had tears in my eyes, listening to Lennon can do that to me. Thank you.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1:26 AM) : 

Powerful words in song and in thought.

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (7:26 AM) : 

ces chansons et citations m'ont donne des frissons, merci beaucoup c'etait tellement beau. je t'embrasse ma cherie GROS GROS bisous!

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (8:39 AM) : 

fantastic stuff

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Turnbaby

Betcha I can come up with a way or two... LOL

I thought of you when I picked the song, now if only I could get Taylor to sing it...

Smooch and a RUB

Julie

Thanks sweet Julie. He certainly did. Experiencing war first-hand brings forth some truly beautiful ideas on occasion...
*hugs*

Bondbaby

Thank you my dear friend... coming from the Master of picking the right music to set the tone, that means a lot.

Kiss

John

Thank you my friend. Lennon does that to me too.

Travis

Words and speaking out are so very powerful indeed.

Tisha

Merci ma Belle et tendre Tisha.
Je t'adore, tu me manques. Je viens te visiter très bientôt.

Sparky

Thanks sweetie. It felt like the right thing to post.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Roger McGuinn ROCKS!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Wonderful job as always Ann. No matter what the post, you are always eloquent, even when the words aren't yours.

SHRG

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Enjoyed the quotes! :)

 

post a comment