Anndi's Luggage: Awww shucks..
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Awww shucks..

I was pleasantly surprised when I received a comment on a recent post. Judd from Rising Blogger bestowed upon yours truly the honour of Post of the Day and he wrote a wonderful review about one of my “let’s bare my soul (which I hate to do)” posts.







It gives me the perfect opportunity to give you, dear Reader, an update on a cause near and dear to my heart… The Montreal Children’s Hospital Radiothon raised ...



WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

You can still donate here and join the Circle of Hugs for 18$ (CDN!) a month.. which works out to .60 cents a day.. sheesh.. you can’t even get a soda (pop, coke, cola, soft drink.. - whatever you want to call it) nowadays for .60 cents… and yet, it’s enough to help save a life!
I’m relentless when it comes to this particular cause… but like I said in my award winning (hehehe) post.. I don’t care what hospital you donate to, or what you donate.. just get off your duff and do SOMETHING!.. go around the office and ask your co-workers for their loose change.. set up a container by the washing machine and grab the change out of everyone’s pockets.. hey.. why wait for their pants to be off.. maybe you could walk up to someone and grab the change out their pockets.. (wait.. that might get you in trouble... hmmmm... need the bail fund for the Children's Hospital.. that won't do...) ...check out what’s lying around in your car.. the couch (or Chesterfield as we Canadians like to call it).Every little bit helps folks.


I’d like to thank my anonymous nominator who it would seem felt that glimpse into my life deserved mention.

Judd’s site is refreshing, as it awards specific posts that he feels bring something to the bloggosphere... and in that sense promotes a much truer sense of community than anything else I’ve seen out there. I’ve visited quite a few of his nominated blogs, some of which I was already aware of.. and some I am thankful he pointed out to me for the first time. My bloggosphere favourite destination list will be all the richer in the coming days.. to match my frequent flyer miles and all the lovely stamps I’ve added to my passport as of late.

I’ve never professed to be “a writer”.. I just like to share things with folks who might decide to take a trip with me in the luggage compartment (btw… I reserve the right to frisk and grope any who enter my lair… call it my own little version of the Security Checkpoint). I’m glad if some of you can enjoy some of the music, silly videos, occasional jokes and even the stories about me…



I haven’t done this in a while and I’m not sure why I strayed from it... but…

A few quotes…




“If you haven't got charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
- Bob Hope

“All you have shall some day be given;
Therefore give now, that the season of giving
may be yours and not your inheritors.”

-Kahlil Gibran

"It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it."
- Albert Einstein

Love you all more than my luggage!

(which is now unpacked from my recent whirlwind trip to Calgary)
Hugs, smooches and gropes!



Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Awww shucks.."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10:09 PM) : 

CONGRATS ANNDI!
It was a great post and deserved the award.

You should be very proud.

It is great news that the Hospital made so much money.

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Well deserved award, Anndi. Heartiest congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

When I read lines like this ...

"As I open the door I come face to face with the man responsible for the basketball that has slowly been inflating itself under the skin of my previously flat stomach (have I mentioned that basketball was invented by James Naismith, a Canadian?) and start doing the pregnant woman’s version of the peepee dance."

... it makes me want to close shop and go home. My way of saying that's some very nice writing!

Enjoyed your award-winning post a lot.

Take care.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Bondbaby

Thank you! Now stop or you'll make me blush.

It is wonderful about the hospital, I SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED when they gave the results...

SMOOCH

Songbird

Thank you sweetie.

Bobbarama

My new blog buddy! Thank you, you're too kind.

A big SMOOCH for you!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10:36 PM) : 

Since you claim not to be a writer, I'll simply say that you have a knack for choosing powerful language and arranging words in such a way that make profound statements.

Of course, that is the very definition of a writer.

Congrats on the award darlin! That was an excellent post. We tend to write best when we write about our passions.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Congrats Anndi luv.

That's fantastic about your blog, and even better about the hospital.

You've got such a huge heart - it makes me proud just to know ya. :D

SMOOCHES (and all the other good stuff)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8:11 PM) : 

Wooo! Glad to hear the good news about the Children's Hospital and about your award. You deserve it! :)

 

post a comment