Anndi's Luggage: Life on Mars...
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Life on Mars...







Yesterday, the Mars Exploration Rovers turned 3!!

Happy birth.. no launch.. no landing.. oh heck.. WOOOOHOOO Mars rovers! (it’s their landing date actually for you fact hungry readers).

Let me ask you this, since when does any kind of technology that had a guarantee of 3 months last 3 years and is still going strong? AND getting BETTER!

The folks at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory have something to be proud of!

The Rovers now have some new technology to assist them in the quest for new information on the Red Planet…
They’ve taught the rovers a few new tricks (roll over rover?)


Beautiful pictures taken by the rovers..

This was taken by Spirit, one of NASA’s Mars Exploration Rovers on May 19th, 2005, it’s a stunning view as the Sun sinks below the rim of Gusev crater.





This is a picture taken by the NASA Exploration Rover Opportunity panoramic camera. It shows (in false-colour) the dune field on the floor of the "Endurance Crater".


You can find out more about the Rovers and their Mission

HERE.





So… guess I got a Thursday Thirteen to go with this post. This was fun guys! Hope you enjoy the variety!




THIRTEEN SPACE SONGS… (have a listen to what strikes your fancy!)



1. Life on Mars – David Bowie


2. Rocket Man – Elton John



Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time) (Live At Madison Square Garden)
By Elton John
BestAudioCodes.com


3. Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars – Bon Jovi



Captain Crash
By Bon Jovi
BestAudioCodes.com


4. Fly me to the moon – so I wanted Sinatra.. but a contemporary version by a talented lady with a smooth voice if the next best thing… Diana Krall



Fly Me To The Moon (Live)
By Diana Krall
BestAudioCodes.com


5. Space Truckin’ – Deep Purple



Space Truckin' (Live Version)
By Deep Purple
BestAudioCodes.com


6. Joe Slam and the Spaceship – Harry Connick Jr.



Joe Slam and The Spaceship
By Harry Connick Jr.
BestAudioCodes.com


7. Space Odyssey – The Byrds



Space Odyssey
By The Byrds
BestAudioCodes.com


8. Star baby – The Guess Who



Star Baby
By The Guess Who
BestAudioCodes.com


9. Walking on the Moon – The Police



Walking On The Moon (2003 Stereo Remastered Version)
By The Police
BestAudioCodes.com


10. Third Stone from the Sun – Jimi Hendrix



Third Stone From The Sun
By Jimi Hendrix
BestAudioCodes.com


11. Countdown – Rush



Countdown
By Rush
BestAudioCodes.com


12. Blue Moon – this is a beautiful version (needed a strong woman’s voice in this list) Ella Fitzgerald… one of my favorites.



Blue Moon (1956 Version)
By Ella Fitzgerald
BestAudioCodes.com



13. All Fly Away – Jefferson Starship




All Fly Away
By Jefferson Starship
BestAudioCodes.com





Love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Life on Mars..."

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Cool 13 ... and a cool banner- where'd ya get it???

I was actually at that Elton John Ocncert. Thanksgiving night 1974.

And John Lennon showed up. Which ended up being his last live performance before his death.

Me and Rich.. together - floor seats .. no one around us as Kiki Dee played... then intermission and all of a sudden all these people came and sat down around us.. all wearing backstage passes...

and right behind us.. yup yup .. Mom & Dad Dwight... his parents!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Vince

thanks.. found it googling for headers.. guess who's blog came up on the first page?!

Sounds like a fantastic concert... you'll have to tell us all more about the concerts you've been to...

well.. your favorites.. ok?

and his parents??? WOOOOOOOO!!!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4:52 PM) : 

hokey smokeys batman... interesting the things you will find when you google...

might think about the concert thing...

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Yes Ann....what a great blog. I love Elton John too...what a entertainer~!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Very cool 13 this time. Very cool songs. I think it is a shame that the space program has fallen on such hard times, we should be off exploring space and opening that final frontier, but instead politicans are pinching pennies for something that could be one of the most important things for mankind. It's a shame.

Some cool pictures too.

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Excellent song! That is one of my favorite Rush songs.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Great theme!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (11:02 PM) : 

Fun TT :)

 

Blogger Tisha! said ... (3:50 AM) : 

oh querida fantastic tunes there I am going to spend my whole day on your blog listening!

xxx

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (9:16 AM) : 

beautiful pics! this was an awesome idea.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I can't listen to these here at work, but some I know and some I don't. Good TT!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Nice! I was really into all that space stuff when I was growing up. I guess I still am to some extent. Hugs!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Great pics and great tunes.

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (9:39 AM) : 

OK..I came here and am going to everyone of my friend's blogs to WHINE....I never get challanged, or tagged, or even read much any longer. So I think I will just go away, poof out of site (blog site. My feelings are hurt, I miss everyone, I want to be part of all of this..but I'll just go sit in the corner and suck my thumb.

 

post a comment