Anndi's Luggage: Well, I opened my suitcase... and here's what I found:
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Well, I opened my suitcase... and here's what I found:

I have arrived! I think.. I am here right? Wherever here may be...

I've always been one to listen more so than talk (or write, let's not get hung up in semantics here..). But I'll take a stab at this blog thingy.
In some circles (you know who you are), I'm known as the SP Therapist or "Keeper-of-Secrets". You know, I keep them so well just cause I'm losing my mind and I can recall half of what's in my head! I usually listen, ask a few hundred questions and offer a place to dump anxieties and worries... or just a shoulder to cry on. But this time, I'll try and give folks a glimpse of who I am.


"Hey my friend,
it seems your eyes are troubled.
Care to share your time with me?
Would you say you're feeling low and so,
a good idea would be to get it off your mind.
See, you and me,
have a better time than most can dream.
Have it better than the best,
so can pull on through.
Whatever tears at us,
whatever holds us down.
And if nothing can be done,
we'll make the best of what's around.
Turns out not where but who you're with,
that really matters."
--Dave Matthews Band

Anyway, I've decided to put myself out into the world and share the madness. All of it: the good and the bad and the parts of me that are too twisted for colour TV (I'm Canadian eh and I spell it the proper way with a "u").



By the way, that's probably the only thing that's proper about me.. fair warning! After all: " A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste!"

So here you'll find random musings, the occasional revisionist history report, jokes, links and a cornucopia of things that amuse me. I may even slip in the occasional French word or two in there for my dear friend Travis! --Et oui, je t'adore mon ami!



Before I go any further, I must say, all of this is because of a man, a gray-haired angel ... Taylor Hicks. He walked onto my television screen (and into my heart) and wanted his voice heard. Well, many of us paid attention and through fate, kismit, "le destin"... a beautiful group of people came together. A Breakfast Club of sorts..
We have writers (a talented bunch they are!), mothers and fathers, a future doctor, Southerners and Yankees (not the baseball team), my fellow Canadians, baseball lovers (ugh!), hoochies, a cow named Bessie, Chicklets, loveable pervs, a sweet doll, a lurking duck, and a few smartasses! And I love them all (but it does NOT make me a softie!).
The common thread? We're human, with strengths and failings, and we've reached out into cyberspace and found each other. Well, I'll be holding on for dear life...

Taylor's dream of being heard has now lead to many of us wanting the same thing...to be heard, to have witnesses to our lives, our joys and sorrows, our silliness. Thanks for coming, and witnessing what a dear friend calls "the insanity"!

And now for something completely different...


Odd news (seriously odd...)

Here's something for my sweet and precious friend Dana:

Polish woman caught growing marijuana for cow
A Polish woman who grew marijuana to calm the nerves of her cow has been charged with cultivating a narcotic by police in the western town of Lobez.
The cow had been "skittish and unruly" -- once breaking a person's arm -- until someone suggested mixing cannabis in with its feed, the woman told police.
"The cow became as calm as a lamb," the 55-year-old woman said, according to the PAP news agency.
The woman's plants, grown from seeds she bought at a market, reached nearly three metres (yards) tall and were extremely potent, police said.
Marijuana possession is a crime throughout Poland. The woman faces up to three years in jail if convicted.



See Dana, you are not alone!

Here's the quote of the day, and I think a hell of a good way to end today's post:

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." --Emerson

Love you all more than my luggage...

Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Comments on "Well, I opened my suitcase... and here's what I found:"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

The world according to Ann - I love it!!

**plays TI2TS on harmonica, bends knees, and shakes tail in the blogosphere**

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Awwww Anndi! Love your writing! Welcome to the "Blogger Group"! Love you moe than your luggage!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

LOL blogging has gone to a new level. what level that is a cannot say.


:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Well, I must say WOW!! I loved it!! but I'm still not going to blog, nope, no way. hehe
Robin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:
Wooo! I like your blog! An interesting read, it is! But, um, the Canuckian spelling of gray is grey, with an e! You're slipping my dear! LOL **runs before Anndi can pound her into the ground like a fence post**

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

ANNDI PANNDI MY PRECIOUS FRIEND! Welcome to the world of blogging...and I'll have you know that while my cow does occassionally get drunk, she would never do drugs :)

 

Blogger Gail said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Anndi, my twin! This is wonderful! I am glad you have joined us in the world of venting our souls...I will check in from time to time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

Anndi- Sweetness...welcome and thank you for opening up to us all... you are a softie.. but I promise to kep it a secret!

SMOOCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

Hey Ann! Great job! A wonderful side trip in my day of editing. Looking forward to more! I think you can stand tall and proud of your efforts.

Julie aka psychorose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Angelbaby!

I knew it would be pink!

So happy you have joined the rest of us crazies.

Love you

Smooches and gropes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Coolness!!!!!

Bookmarked it... and added it to my list of blogs to read :)

now..if I could only post something on my own friggin blog... (once I do start posting int.. I'll make sure you get the link :) )

Awesome job.. and luv the name of it!!!

JoJo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

*raises hands high in the air and shouts* THANK. YOU. JESUS!!!! Anndi Pants has arrived!!!!

Wonderful post! I have bookmarked and will read every day along with all the other blogs I have bookmarked.

::HUGS, SMOOCHES & GROPES::

Lee Ann

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Ended up here today somehow and found myself staring in amazement that I never posted a comment on your first post.

I hope you find the balance in your new life to continue blogging...many many many people would miss your warmth, sincerity, loving thoughts and snarkiness...

 

post a comment