Anndi's Luggage: Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A. A. Milne
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A. A. Milne

‘“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh.
"What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.’
-A.A. Milne



I was wondering what on earth I might have to talk about today. I don’t often start conversations, unless I’m trying to learn about someone and then look out if you’re on the receiving end because you might get flooded with questions. What can I say, I’m curious. I always have been. I’ve also learned there are times when you must wait and let people come to you. And so, at times, my sense of curiosity must take a backseat to patience.

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it." - Arnold Glasgow

It’s not the easiest of things to do…this waiting… sometimes it is done in silence, sometimes silliness (yeah I know Sue, but you don’t own the word ;-)) fills the void until the other person is ready to talk. I guess the important thing is to let people know you are there, ready to listen. The rest is up to them.

Patience…

It was with great trepidation that I hurled myself into the blogosphere (as Travis so aptly called it - a perfect track record dear). What am I going to write? Will it be any good? What if the things I think about are crazy?


‘When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.’ - A.A. Milne


So… if anyone needs me, I’m listening.. in the meantime.. here’s some silliness (again, sorry Sue…)


Too Smart

A first-grade teacher, Ms. Brooks, was having trouble with one of her students.
The teacher asked,
"Harry, what's your problem?"
Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!"

Ms. Brooks had had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office. While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms. Brooks he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed to take the test.

Principal:
"What is 3 x 3?"
Harry: "9".
Principal: "What is 6 x 6?"
Harry: "36".

And so it went with every question the principal thought a 3rd grader should know.
The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her,
"I think Harry can go to the 3rd grade."
Ms. Brooks says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions." The principal and Harry both agreed.

Ms. Brooks asks,
"What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?" Harry, after a moment: "Legs."

Ms. Brooks: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?" The principal wondered, why would she ask such a question! Harry replied: "Pockets."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?" Harry: "Pants"

Ms. Brooks: ''What's starts with a C, ends with a T, is hairy, oval, delicious and contains thin, whitish liquid? ''
Harry: "Coconut."

The principal sat forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?" The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop the answer.
Harry:
"Bubble gum"

Ms. Brooks: "What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?"
Harry: "Shake hands."

The principal was trembling.

Ms. Brooks:
"What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of heat and excitement?"
Harry: "Firetruck"

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put Harry in the fifth-grade, I got the last seven questions wrong.’’......


I love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Comments on "Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - A. A. Milne"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Anndi -- that last joke totally reminds me of my Jacob...smartass that he is...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Anndi~There was never any doubt that you are here..we love u more than your luggage too!
Oh, and If it makes you feel any better I have the same worries about blogging. It doesn't matter what you say, it matters that you're saying it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

**humming the Pooh theme song**

Loved the joke - I also got the last seven questions wrong.

But you knew I would, didn't ya?

**bounces around the comment space singing the Tigger song**

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Ha! Anndi, I love your post! Made me smile! I love to hear what you have to say...you make a difference in this world by just being the "unique" YOU!
HUGS!
Sueann

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Anndi - thanks for being there when you are needed the most. You are a great listener and I am so very thankful to be able to call you "My Friend"!

I too worry about blogging. There have been days that I had no clue as to what to write. Something has been there, but I'm not so sure if it makes any sense or not. ;-)

::HUGS & SMOOCHES & GROPES::

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

See-- there is a fallback if you ever run out of things to say


Just WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Love your blog--love the joke--love the fact that I was lucky enough to find you my dear sweet friend

 

Blogger Coco said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Aren't kids funny ... and men funnier? BTW, saying an extra prayer for you tonight. Hugs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Ann! Very cool stuff. You have blasted into the "blogosphere" at lightning speed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Oh crap! I did it again. Hey look up! That was my post!

Love ya! Julie

ps..how do get my name in there so I don't forget?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

LMOO - my god that's a funny one Ann honey.

I love the opening quote too. It's so....ME. (Just ask my husband)

Luv ya lots my friend.

 

post a comment