Anndi's Luggage: My Mother's Watch
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Mother's Watch

I wear my mother's watch...

''It's slow'' she said, showing me the watch on her wrist.
"I'll get it fixed Mom" I answered.
I took the watch off her thin and fragile arm and put it on mine.

My mother's watch.. so beautiful and delicate. White gold and diamonds.. Fragile yet made of strong metal.. precious stones, hard yet beautiful.. The wristband feels so tight..

I wear my mother's watch.

I wish time would slow down. I wish it could stop.
But as I put her watch against my ear, I hear the ticking, regular and even.

When I wear her watch, it keeps time.
I wear my mother's watch.
I wait and count the minutes.. the hours..
I wait.
I wear my mother's watch..



I love you more than my luggage!
Thank you my friends.

Comments on "My Mother's Watch"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

This is beautiful, my dear friend. I thought about my mom and I have tears in my eyes.

**hugs**

Love ya,
Travis

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Oh Ann---my heart aches for you. A watch is such a personal item...my Mom wears my Dad's watch..it's face is absurdly large on her little wrist..but it was Dad's and that's all that matters to her. I wrap up in one of his shirts when I miss him...I have one on now...

Love, Julie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

HUGS ANN

HUGE HUGS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Ann...

I'm here crying over what you wrote...so gentile, yet holds so many meanings. I am praying and thinking of you...

Always,

Gail

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Ann,

That is the most beautiful poem that I have ever read. I am absolutely crying here. I can feel your pain... I know exactly what you are going through. Remember, I love you and if you need anything, anything at all... please call. You and your family are top priority in my prayers right now.

I love you my dear Anndi pants!
Lee Ann

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Anndi! That was absolutely beautiful and it made me cry!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Just wanted to say...Love ya!
Robin

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Anndi - Beautiful, touching poem, which came straight from your heart. I believe your Mom would love these words you have written.

Love,
Sueann

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

I loves ya Ann, munches and bunches! That was very touching.

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (12:43 AM) : 

Ann,

Even though the watch as much as a material thing it may be, it signifies so much more. The watch you wear, both shows the time you have and the time you don't have. Your mother a wonderful person, has not only given her watch to you with all of the time she had, and the experiences, but the love as well.

The watch is nothing without the person it represents. It keeps track of time, and memories which I hope will bring you a smile.

Love u!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Hugs, honey. Always in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Sweet Ann--my precious treasured friend---thank you for sharing such a poignant experience

Feel me hugging you sweetie across all these miles

Love you

 

post a comment