Anndi's Luggage: ‘An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.’ --Irv Kupcinet
With love and pride
I was humbled
Hear The Latest Show
Just Hit Play
Template Design By: Sanni Refurbished: 2007VEM
My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Montreal, Quebec, Canada

If somebody doesn't believe in me, I can't believe in them.

FAVOURITE DESTINATIONS
RECENT TRAVELS
PAST TRAVELS

Monday, October 09, 2006

‘An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.’ --Irv Kupcinet

‘As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.’ ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy


Today is Thanksgiving in Canada… It is not the beginning of the holiday shopping season… Hey, as far as I know… there isn’t an actual day that heralds the call to arms, where women and men (wait.. who do I think I’m kidding.. most men wait til the last minute to go Christmas shopping) rush out to the stores wearing sensible shoes (wait, who am I kidding.. sensible shoes?! YUCK) in order to get the best deals and fight to the death for an ugly scarf for Aunt Betsy or brown slippers for Uncle Mike, or something original (read dirty) for the office Secret Santa gift grab yelling "CHARGE IT"!!!!!
It’s a day for family, to remember how lucky we are to be alive, to get stuffed…



‘We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.’ ~Thornton Wilder

Last post, when I turned **gulp** 37, I went through a few of the reasons I was thankful.. things that had happened to me since my last birthday (why, oh why do they insist on returning year after year?!)..

So here are a few of the things I’m thankful for…

My sweet and healthy Chicklet, who lights up my darkest days with a hug, a giggle, her smell on the pillow.. (ok, not the funky ‘I’ve been playing out in the grass and dirt’ smell… the one after a nice hot bath with plenty of soap…)…

Roses, the sweet scent, soft petals…

The feel of sunshine on my face (if I’m wearing sunscreen of course…)

Walking in the rain (not freezing rain… a warm summer rain)…

Candlelight (not the multitude of candles on my next birthday cake…)

Making new friends and cherishing old ones…

Laughter..


So here’s some Thanksgiving humour for you..

A Dozen Things you can say at Thanksgiving and get away with!!!
1. Talk about huge breasts !
2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.
3. It's cool whip time!
4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!
5. Whew, that's one terrific spread!
6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
7. Are you ready for seconds yet?
8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?
9. Don't play with your meat.
10. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.
11. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!
12. You still have a little bit on your chin.

Asked to write a composition entitled, "What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving," little Timothy wrote, "I am thankful that I'm not a turkey."
The pro football team had just finished their daily practice session when a large turkey came strutting onto the field. While the players gazed in amazement, the turkey walked up to the head coach and demanded a tryout. Everyone stared in silence as the turkey caught pass after pass and ran right through the defensive line. When the turkey returned to the sidelines, the coach shouted, "You're terrific!!! Sign up for the season, and I'll see to it that you get a huge bonus." "Forget the bonus," the turkey said, "All I want to know is, does the season go past Thanksgiving Day?"

REMEMBER, things COULD BE WORSE.
You could:
-wake up face down on the pavement.
-put your bra on backward and it fits better.
-call Suicide Prevention and they put you on hold.
-see a "60 Minutes" news team waiting in your office.
-see your birthday cake collapse from the weight of the candles.
-turn on the news and they're showing emergency routes out of the city.
-have your twin sister forget your birthday.
-wake up and discover your waterbed broke and then you realize that you don't have a waterbed.
-have your car horn go off accidentally and remain stuck as you follow a group of Hell's Angels on the freeway.
-have your boss tell you not to bother to take off your coat.
-realize that the bird singing outside your window is a buzzard.
-walk to work and find your dress is stuck in back of your pantyhose.
-call your answering service and they tell you it's none of your business.
-have your blind date turn out to be your ex-husband.
-put both contact lenses in the same eye.



Yup… short post, but Dixie made me do it!!


I love you all more than my luggage!
Hugs, smooches and gropes!

Comments on "‘An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.’ --Irv Kupcinet"

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I love Thanksgiving in Canada - where it's a separate entity completely from Christmas, and the weather is still fine enough to enjoy the entire day outside if you want. And this year, I have so much to be thankful for ... incredible to think how different life is this year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 PM) : 

LMOO Friggin blogger won't let me break your comments.

I LOVE Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday hands down and for all the reasons you cited. It's about getting together, cooking and eating the meal laughing and loving and --well--there is the inevitable fighting but all is well in the end(normally and fingers all crossed). YUP my fave--but love you more!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Yes, Yes, Yes... I made her do it! I made her write the short post! I'm guilty, guilty, guilty... GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! I DON'T CARE!!!! I miss it when my Anndi Pandi doesn't write! ;-)

This is my favorite time of the year... from Halloweeen through New Years - absolutely my MOST favorite time! I love the family togetherness, all the food... yeppers, the food.... and oh did I mention all the football games and the kids screaming and playing.. oh god, I could go on...

But mostly, I am so very thankful for all my family and wonderful friends! Not only at this time of year, but all year long!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Welcome back....

Long time no read...

Happy THANKSGIVING...

Eat my bird,....

oops I went too far...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Bond.. you were suggesting an addition to the Things you can say on Thanksgiving Day and not get into trouble list... right?!

If not.. is the bird a duck?.. cause.. um.. Tigers Won!! Tigers Won!! Tigers WON!!

I love the DUCK!! But not stuffed and roasted.. LONG LIVE THE DUCK!! (I miss the duck)...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

LMOO!!! Anndi you crazy, and I know crazy! Loved the twelve things you can say at thanksgiving and get away with list. Everything on it is perfectly innocent...unless you have the pervy minds that we have! LOL
By the way, nice one, Bond! Heeheehee!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Happy Thanksgiving Anndi Panndi!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Hey Ann! Happy Thanksgiving! I wondered if my calendar was really true!

Great job with your blogging, Ann!

Julie

 

post a comment